View Full Version : L.A. Meet November 9 at 10:00 am

Anita
10/24/2002, 12:14 PM
Okay... finally some details..whew!
Saturday, November 9, 2002 at 10 am - 1 pm

Isuzu America Headquarters
13340 183rd St.
Cerritos, CA 90072

Isuzu is just north of the 91 freeway at Carmenita.

Isuzu is working on getting some of the VX protos to that location for us to see. Cant tell you which ones will be there at this point.

Between 10 and 1 pm, we will gather, line-up the VX's, take pictures, see old friends and make new ones, etc... and then at 1 pm we will all go somewhere for lunch. Location to be determined later.

Saturday evening for those staying in town or living in the area.. would someone like to plan some event? Dinner? ???

Does someone have a portable TV/VCR they can bring? I have this Vehicross video made by Isuzu I want to show. Some have seen it from the last L A Meet but many more will be there who havent seen it. It is a must!

Sunday offroading possibilities will be handled by Walt and Deby..

Gilbert, it will be great to see you again!

Let's beat the Japan record for 21 VX's! I know we can do it!!!!

;Dr;

Anita
11/12/2002, 09:39 PM
15 VX's were present with 5 owners who traveled to Los Angeles without their rides. We had steady rain all of Friday and Saturday and I am sure that the number of VX's present would have far surpassed that number had it been a beautiful dry day. Darn the luck! Who picked the day anyway...?

VXers flew in from Japan, Australia, England, Austin and Dallas to be there. Together with VX friends and family from Los Angeles and neighboring states, Gilbert and son with their great Trooper, and our VX mascot Walt with his Amigo we all met on a cold wet day to see old friends and meet new ones. Many brought items to swap and sell and just plain give away. Tone brought a treasure of Interceptors, brake flashers and back hatch poppers to sell. Albert brought fabulous carbon fiber treasures, scoops, that beautiful CF hood insert that Roy bought, not to mention the CF step plates that I would love! (hint, hint), and gifts of VX toys. Naoki and Serge were laden with lovely items from Japan that they were giving away. There were wheels for sale and a dozen other things that money changed hands for. We were a wet but happy bunch.

We checked each other's VX mods, took pictures and then took off down the road to have lunch together. After lunch most left for home but a faithful few braved the rain and went on to Alpine to visit John Finnell, father of Power Vault mufflers and Alpine superchargers.

It was such a good feeling to meet so many really great people in one day. And though soggy, I now have a heightened respect for all present. Thank you Tone for quickly installing my brake flasher and headlight bulbs. Thanks to Tone,Jay and Swordy for allowing me to make use of you all to install my GRRRRRREAAAAAAT back door popper. I should have gotten the interceptor installed as well... next time.

I recommend any and all of the mods that Tone, Albert, Ron (vehicross concepts) and John are selling. These gentlemen all have a committment to finding and creating for us great mods. I know that Tone has more poppers, interceptors and flashers left. Support them!

Let me say that there were many at Isuzu who worked hard to get us permission to meet at the site. My thanks especially to Joe Corona for his many weeks of diligent work, Chip in Public Relations who took lots of phone calls and to nameless others who wanted us there. Our grateful thanks to the Security who allowed us to come in from the rain to get warm in the lobby, make use of the restrooms and greet us with a smile. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

However,I was disappointed that the decision was made that NO ONE from Isuzu was there to meet us. Insurance issues I was told. We came, many of us from a very far distance, to share with Isuzu our enthusiasm for them and our trucks - only to meet with a dark silent building.

What was truly saddening was that from behind a locked barred garage door, we saw the VX prototype and the VX-02 convertible under cloth covers just 30 feet away with no chance to get closer and no one to ask if they could but lift the covers so we could view them from that far vantage.

...Well, maybe we can try again in the future.

BTW: If anyone happened to see a Proton VX racing an Ebony on the streets of Santa Monica on Sunday night, it was just a figment of your imagination. But to clarify a point, Ebony's are faster.....
I wouldnt break any laws in front of the police department, especially with many fine officers standing on the sidewalk watching. Thats why I wasnt driving in this figment of imagination.

(DISCLAIMER: I/We/The Forum do not advocate street racing)

Moncha
11/13/2002, 09:16 AM
Anita, I want to thank you and the others for the continued support and enthusiasm that is constantly shown towards the VX family. We are a tight group and I, even though I was not able to attend :sigho: , feel as if I was there.. Post lots of pics as I and I'm sure all the others can never tire of seeing more.

All folks in this great big family are fantastic and I'm looking forward to ALL of us being able to meet someday, both here and abroad!!

Keep up the spirit! :dance:

BumbleV-X
11/13/2002, 07:23 PM
P-P-P-P-P-Proton?????????? W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-WHAT P-P-P-P-P-P-P-Proton?

Ya know, we were at the beach on Sunday too. We ate at this fancy shmancy, right on the beach, restaurant(where we were involved with an all out food fight). Some guy (TONE) was throwing food at a poor innocent little girl. Peanuts were every where, and we wont even mention the butter that ended up in some lady hair at the next table over. We celebrated Tone's birthday, and really had fun. :bday: (Please do not let Tone know that it wasn't his birthday.... we got chocolate cake out of the deal.)
I remember saying our good-byes at the parking lot and quietly heading home. Now if you were racing on PCH after that time I just don't know who that was you were going against. We did see another VX on PCH, but this strange guy with short white hair, and a crazed look was driving. He kept on gunning the engine and grabbing the steering wheel at the signals. ;eekr; Guess he must have found some one to race.
We were so glad that when we got to the Santa Monica Pier that you just so happen to be there too. Tone thanks for the Ferris Wheel ride. Jay, it was nice to get together again before Moab. Anita, it's alway a fun time when we get together.

I'm sure I didn't see anyone race though....... you say it was a Proton and an Ebony? Hmmm...... Must have been one of those Exterra's or something. :bgwo: