PDA

View Full Version : The Secret

H3_VX
10/23/2011, 04:39 PM
I just watched the DVD "The Secret" on the advice of my doctor and it has already begun to change my life. I seriously recommend that anyone go out and either rent or buy this, especially if you're someone who does not have a positive outlook.

VXobsession
10/23/2011, 08:35 PM
Yep......

samneil2000
10/24/2011, 05:51 AM
Can't you just tell us the secret? ha!

H3_VX
10/24/2011, 06:11 AM
Can't you just tell us the secret? ha!

The secret is that anyone who owns a VX will live a happy life.

Monstertrucker
10/24/2011, 01:09 PM
What's a positive outlook? Please explain?

Sounds very suspicious to me!

Seriously though, you create reality with your mind. It's all a mental construct and beliefs therefore affect and effect outcomes.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein.

I would add that we simply live in a very dense field of thoughtforms.

There is no absolute reality in this physical universe, only the most dominant thoughtform of the 'time' or 'place', (same thing apparently). What makes one galaxy different to another, if not the subtle energies from which all matter is created? The thoughtform behind it, so to speak. Electrical first, chemical second, physical third, hence, third dimension.

Relativity serves to show us what we are not, so that what we are has meaning.

Without 'down', there can be no 'up'.

Without hate, there can be no love.

Kinda sucks, doesn't it?!!

Sorry, I digress...... you were saying?

By the way, if anyone wants a real mindf**k, read 'Conversations With God' by Neale Donald Walsch. The movie of the same name is a little confusing unless you've read at least the first of the trilogy. 'The Celestine Prophecy' is far more comforting though, as it very skillfully explains the process by which we steal eachother's energy in subtle ways and helps to check ones own bad habits, like complementing someone and leaving a cutting remark before walking away, that sort of thing. Most of it is entirely unconscious, until you realise you're doing it.

It's the basic problem with humanity; we're all competing for what seems to be a limited amount of love, as if someone has cut us off from our 'air supply'.

The growing 'consciousness movement' since the sixties is an attempt to correct this. Long may it continue.

Sorry, went all David Icke on you there. A great man, if ever there was one!

One final point to consider; There has arguably been an attempt to replace love with money and thus literally force us to compete for what sustains us. What, for example would stop us from doing all the things we do for money without being paid or needing money if we simply realised that all we need is a collective sense of obligation to the successful survival of our species, i.e. co-operation instead of competition?

Money doesn't even exist but in our minds. We only accept it as payment because everyone else does. I think a big shift of consciousness is in order here Earthlings!

See, this is what happens when you read too many books! :p

Ldub
10/24/2011, 03:32 PM
Without 'down', there can be no 'up'.

Without hate, there can be no love.

Kinda sucks, doesn't it?!!

Sorry, I digress...... you were saying?

Without site support, there can be no site...:rotate:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

All points mentioned thus far are long held beliefs for me, with a large dollop of karma thrown in for good measure...:yesgray:

Monstertrucker
10/24/2011, 03:57 PM
Without site support, there can be no site...

Damn!

I guess free love won't pay the bills huh?

Ok, I'll throw another $20 in the kitty but I must protest this slavery to such an outdated means of exchange! :p

Ldub
10/24/2011, 04:09 PM
Damn!

I guess free love won't pay the bills huh?

Ok, I'll throw another $20 in the kitty but I must protest this slavery to such an outdated means of exchange! :p

LOL...Dude, I hope you know that wasn't directed at any specific sentient beings...just a by product of that "other" thread...:rolleyesg...:laughing:

Good comeback...:thumbup:

Monstertrucker
10/24/2011, 04:20 PM
LOL...Dude, I hope you know that wasn't directed at any specific sentient beings...just a by product of that "other" thread...:rolleyesg...:laughing:

Good comeback...:thumbup:

It's okay, I'm not sentient, not this time of night, anyway! It's half past bedtime here in England, (12.30AM).

What other thread is that then?

Ldub
10/24/2011, 04:28 PM
It's okay, I'm not sentient, not this time of night, anyway! It's half past bedtime here in England, (12.30AM).

What other thread is that then?

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=21269

I know that was quite a slog to peruse, prolly sorry you asked?...:smilewink

bearandbee
10/25/2011, 08:01 AM
What I found interesting about the secret, was the real message being humanism and that we are all gods...totally false. The only truth in the dvd is when they describe faith and belief but that information is already in the Bible. I believe its just another lame attempt to repackage old ideas in a new book.

Monstertrucker
10/25/2011, 10:52 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=21269

I know that was quite a slog to peruse, prolly sorry you asked?...:smilewink

Put it this way, I got to bed at 3.40am this morning, after my two cents worth! :p

Someone else must have read it too, looking at the monthly total.

Hopefully not a complete waste of everyone's time then! :)

Monstertrucker
10/25/2011, 11:34 AM
What I found interesting about the secret, was the real message being humanism and that we are all gods...totally false.

Speaking of Gods,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6J3OD4Z0UQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=MeSSwKffj9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B413NljCwI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=7D0BeLz5blM

VXR
10/25/2011, 01:34 PM
Reason: Typographical errors and being on a roll!

now that's funny:laughb:

VXR
10/25/2011, 01:50 PM
with a large dollop of karma thrown in for good measure...:yesgray:

so is that. you guys crack me up:laughb:

Y33TREKker
10/25/2011, 10:01 PM
Haven't seen The Secret, but I'd suggest the book The Power of Now. If more people read it and gained a better idea of what it was to be self-aware, all the BS like in that other thread would never happen in the first place. ;)

LittleBeast
10/25/2011, 11:08 PM
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein.

Albert Einstein:
“I’m not an atheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws.”

VXR
10/26/2011, 02:14 AM
Albert Einstein:

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them"

BigSwede
10/26/2011, 08:19 AM
Frank Zappa:

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

VXR
10/26/2011, 09:51 AM
"Everybody got to deviate from the norm"

Monstertrucker
10/26/2011, 04:09 PM
Frank Zappa:

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

Poor Norm. He always has such bad luck. Still, that's Norman Wisdom for you! Yuk, yuk, yuk! :p

Anyhoo, instead of just pontificating as I have been, I thought I'd finally take a look at The Secret for myself and I must say that whilst I agree it repackages an old message, it's precisely because that ancient truth is still so relevant that it deserves this level of attention. Perhaps The Secret will actually have a significant effect this time, as it clearly explains the whole subject of self-fulfilling prophecies in terms the average Joe can understand. It's very well produced and hits the nail square on the head.

This is just the first 'authorised' 25 minutes on Youtube and it's spot on, apart from the soundtrack getting a bit ahead of itself toward the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtqLNeK6Ww&feature=related

As I mentioned before, The Celestine Prophecy is also a must read for anyone interested in our 'spiritual' evolution. It's written as a novel but contains some literally mindbending concepts that you'll find practical to apply;

http://www.amazon.com/Celestine-Prophecy-James-Redfield/dp/0446671002/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319667624&sr=8-1

Please watch The Secret though, whatever your pre-conceptions may be, as the ones with the greatest resistance to accepting personal responsibility for their lives need it most, including me. If it's any consolation, good habits are as hard to break as bad ones; it's just disciplining ones mind that takes a bit of work but then it becomes second nature to replace negative feelings with positive.

I noticed the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, (Ra, Rameses etc.), in the intro. Also worth a read, though it's allegedly many thousands of years old. Most intriguing was his method of anti-aging. Must try it sometime.

Monstertrucker
10/26/2011, 04:34 PM
Haven't seen The Secret, but I'd suggest the book The Power of Now. If more people read it and gained a better idea of what it was to be self-aware, all the BS like in that other thread would never happen in the first place. ;)

Looks a good book. Yet another one I won't have time to read. That reminds me; I have DMT, the Spirit Molecule somewhere around here. Anyone read it?

Most of The Power of Now is free to browse here;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0340733500/ref=rdr_ext_tmb#reader_0340733500

OMG! Portals! Ordering it now, along with The Secret Dvd. Probably both in my Amazon wishlist already. Wish I could buy time while I'm at it.

Ldub
10/26/2011, 05:01 PM

Wang Chung: everybody wang chung tonight...:yesgray:

If y'all keep talk'n about it, it won't be a "secret" for long...:rolleyesg

It seems so obvious.

Anita
10/26/2011, 05:11 PM
He who he shalt... so shalt he who...

VXR
10/26/2011, 10:40 PM
Wang Chung: everybody wang chung tonight...:yesgray:

Not a Rush fan I take it:rollb:

Ebenezr
10/27/2011, 03:35 PM
What I found interesting about the secret, was the real message being humanism and that we are all gods...totally false. The only truth in the dvd is when they describe faith and belief but that information is already in the Bible. I believe its just another lame attempt to repackage old ideas in a new book.

Sounds like they should have named it The Lie.

VXR
10/27/2011, 11:16 PM
have any of you seen the fountain?

BigSwede
10/28/2011, 11:48 AM
I've seen several.

Ldub
10/28/2011, 05:24 PM
I've seen several.

I've only ever seen a fountain...pen...:(

Y33TREKker
10/29/2011, 10:23 AM
Looks a good book. Yet another one I won't have time to read.

Most of The Power of Now is free to browse here;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0340733500/ref=rdr_ext_tmb#reader_0340733500

...Wish I could buy time while I'm at it.
In a manner of speaking, you would be buying time with this one. ;)

VXR
10/29/2011, 07:07 PM
I've seen several.

Not a fountain The Fountain (http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/754/fountain.html).

Y33TREKker
10/30/2011, 10:35 AM
Not a fountain The Fountain (http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/754/fountain.html).
I saw part of it awhile back, but wasn't able to watch it all the way through during that viewing. After reading that review though, and considering some of the other movies I'm a fan of that don't necessarily have wide followings, it sounds like a good candidate for my "To watch" list.

Monstertrucker
10/30/2011, 11:37 AM
In a manner of speaking, you would be buying time with this one. ;)

It's in the mail. :)

Also, I watched The Secret yesterday on Dvd and guess who's in it?

Neale Donald Walsch, author of Conversations With God. It was made 5 years ago btw. It's like all these visionaries have been brought together to tell us something......

Also just had my VX exhaust replaced on Saturday and while I was walking around town killing 3 hours, I entered a book shop and immediately focussed straight on Stephen Hawking's new one, The Grand Design. I wanted to know what 'M Theory' was about so it was only a matter of time, I guess.

I'm quite conscious of the process now, by which thoughts manifest into synchronistic events, which is the basic message of The Secret. What's the worst that can happen; you think you won't gain anything from it and think it was a waste of time and/or money?

On the other hand..........what if it's true? :yesy:

Y33TREKker
10/30/2011, 12:46 PM
...I'm quite conscious of the process now, by which thoughts manifest into synchronistic events, which is the basic message of The Secret. What's the worst that can happen; you think you won't gain anything from it and think it was a waste of time and/or money?

On the other hand..........what if it's true? :yesy:
Are you asking me specifically or was that directed at everyone in general? With subjects like this, I personally think it's more than a matter of simply reading or viewing something, it's a person actually being open to what they are reading or viewing.

Since this thread was originally about The Secret, it reminded me of one person in particular (on another message board) who also brought up the book awhile back. She went on and on about how great the book was, how much it had impacted her personally, and how she felt it had changed her life on so many different levels, but afterwards, when discussing other topics related to the message board topic itself, she continued to display the same petty and self-centered tendencies that she'd become well known for before ever reading The Secret. Like it's sometimes said, it's one thing to know the path, it's another thing to walk the path.

Monstertrucker
10/30/2011, 01:24 PM
Are you asking me specifically or was that directed at everyone in general?

Everyone in general after, 'It's in the mail'. :)

VXR
10/30/2011, 11:10 PM
After reading that review though, and considering some of the other movies I'm a fan of that don't necessarily have wide followings, it sounds like a good candidate for my "To watch" list.

Ya the guy who wrote that review is good and I agree with this:

If you haven't seen the film already, it's probably best to use your opinion of 'Solaris' and '2001: A Space Odyssey' to determine how likely you are to enjoy 'The Fountain.'

VXR
11/01/2011, 01:46 AM
I've only ever seen a fountain...pen...:(

:confused: