PDA

View Full Version : The Great Rebuild Adventure... Not... :)

raver_boi_88
10/20/2011, 06:48 PM
So I have been on what it seems like is a never ending quest lately to get my front end rebuilt lol. (if you look at some previous posts, you will see I have been at this for a while, slowly picking up peices and parts... lol) SO here is what I have done so far. I built diff drop brackets, installed them, did the ball joint flip, rebuilt my third member, installed brand new cv's from napa with a lifetime warranty... Did all this, and found out I have a messed up front driveshaft, I am just a little annoyed by this lol. SO with all that being said, I cant find a front driveshaft to save my life, I called napa, oreily, autozone, and advance, even called PDC who handles my commercial parts account and they cant get it. SO does anyone know where I can get a new one, or one that is low miles and decent shape. I feel like I have come along way to get stopped by this... Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
-Phil

blacksambo
10/20/2011, 07:30 PM
I presume what you mean are front half-shafts? If so, there are several solutions. Please confirm.

Triathlete
10/20/2011, 07:38 PM
Believe he is talking about the "propshaft". You can use one from any TOD equiped trooper or rodeo. You might also try Merlin at St Charles Isuzu if you haven't already. Or any driveshaft shop can build you a brand new one.

LittleBeast
10/20/2011, 09:31 PM
Not just any shop can make a driveshaft with a CV on each end. I was totally unaware that our front driveshaft was common on any other Isuzu, can someone confirm this? Also the driveshaft shop here in Houston who builds custom driveshafts said they could not rebuild our front driveshaft. I do have my old one, but the small rubber sleeves that protect the cv's on the front prop shaft are all torn up. I had a lot of problems even finding someone who could help out with the rear driveshaft, but eventually this shop in Houston rebuilt it and now I might have them lengthen it or build me a custom cv and u joint rear driveshaft. But still I have not had much luck on the front driveshaft, sorry.

VX KAT
10/21/2011, 01:18 AM
Here's a thread listing a pretty long list of salvage yards around the country that have a VX in their lot, maybe calling some of these.
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=20420&highlight=60+junkyards

You've probably tried this already, but thought I'd mention it....Try one of the salvage yard search sites, like mypartshop.com or car-part.com, to search on that part. You can sort it by distance. I've found that calling them to clarify the part is a really good idea. :thumbup:
I searched "Drive Shaft, front" and it came up with 100 matches. Most are Troopers and Rodeos....so "maybe" they're compatible with a VX like Billy said?? There's only 2 VXs listed, both in Utah.
http://www.mypartshop.com/default.aspx

2000 VEHICROSS Drive Shaft, Front
4 020904
4728 0.0 Call Call
COUNTRY AUTO SALVAGE (Utah)
435-529-3211
888-832-2108

1999 VEHICROSS Drive Shaft, Front
88 UC0201
104564 0.0 Call 404 Call
TRANSWEST AUTO INC. (Utah)
801-768-0200
800-963-0200

Can also try car-part.com:
http://car-part.com/

Ebenezr
10/21/2011, 05:08 AM
KAT is leading you right. Go to an internet used car part finder. they exist. I almost ordered one several manths back.

raver_boi_88
10/21/2011, 06:23 AM
Yeah I am talking about the propshaft, lol. Thanks for the help guys, I did try and order a drive shaft from a 99 trooper from my PDC guy, it is not the same. On the trooper front drive shaft the t-case side is CV and the Axle side is U-joint. I am sending it back today. I am going to call some drive shaft shops, and see if they can rebuild cv propshafts. I didnt even think of that lol.

Ebenezr
10/21/2011, 06:55 AM
I tried looking through the manual - ran out of time. But i'm certain the rear drive shafts are longer in the trooper. The front prop- shaft is I believe identical.