PDA

View Full Version : Server Migration didn't migrate

Moncha
10/19/2011, 08:50 AM
As usual, Mr. Murphy kicked in in full force and the migration did not go as planned. The site will be open for the time being until the next attempt.. Sorry for the down time everbody!

samneil2000
10/19/2011, 08:58 AM
I was so scared!

In all honesty, thanks for the work you do. I'm in the I/T field, and feel your pain.

JoFotoz
10/19/2011, 10:29 AM
Sorry youre having problems Scott...

As usual, Mr. Murphy kicked in in full force and the migration did not go as planned. The site will be open for the time being until the next attempt.. Sorry for the down time everbody!

...thanks for all the time and effort.

:thumbup:

jo

VXorado
10/19/2011, 10:34 AM
...thanks for all the time and effort.

+1, glad to have the site up again.

tom4bren
10/19/2011, 10:43 AM
The site will be open for the time being until ...

... site donations start slacking.

JUST KIDDING everyone
I'm not trying to re-start that other thread.:):):):):)

Ldub
10/19/2011, 10:48 AM
Ya had mor'n of a few of us going through W-D's there Chief...:yesgray:

I was huddled in a corner with my "blankie", sucking my thumb, when Tom called, he wasn't in much better shape...:waab:

He wasn't audibly crying, but I thought I detected a faint sniffle...:smilewink

Anyhoo, all's better now, & we ALL appreciate all of the time & effort you put in behind the "big black curtain" Boss...:thanx:

Sure glad you got'er up & runnin' again, my thumb was getting "pruny"...:yesgray:

Ebenezr
10/19/2011, 11:04 AM
Yay!!!!

PittVXr
10/19/2011, 11:40 AM
Thank goodness the site is back up and running. For a minute there I thought I would have to actually get work done at work! I feel much better now.

VX KAT
10/19/2011, 11:53 AM
Ya had mor'n of a few of us going through W-D's there Chief...:yesgray:

I was huddled in a corner with my "blankie", sucking my thumb, when Tom called, he wasn't in much better shape...:waab:

He wasn't audibly crying, but I thought I detected a faint sniffle...:smilewink

Anyhoo, all's better now, & we ALL appreciate all of the time & effort you put in behind the "big black curtain" Boss...:thanx:

Sure glad you got'er up & runnin' again, my thumb was getting "pruny"...:yesgray:

OMG...No way! :eek: I was in the corner with my blankie too! :goof: N my thumb did get all pruny! It weren't too pretty let me tell ya! :laugho:
A Big Super Duper Thanks Scott for all you do!

Triathlete
10/19/2011, 02:46 PM
The rest of us just migrated over to the VX facebook group site! :)

PK
10/19/2011, 02:53 PM
Glad we are back up and running Scott.
As others have said, thanks for all the time and effort you put in on our behalf.

I felt that lost I actually went for a walk at lunch time instead of surfing VX info.

PK

nfpgasmask
10/19/2011, 02:59 PM
YESSIR, thanks for your labors, Scott. :thumbup:

Bart

Ebenezr
10/19/2011, 06:25 PM
Scott you can borrow my hammer if you need to fix that server. :)

RickOKC
10/19/2011, 08:25 PM
What a pain - hope you have better luck during Round 2!

Grif
10/19/2011, 08:32 PM
Ah yes, it is the Fall season.

Time of the epic autumnal Webserver migration, when Webservers begin the tortured journey to greener pastures with higher bandwidth, greater uptime, increased security and lower hosting fees.

Godspeed to you Scott, may you shepherd this flock with its decrepit old farts and clueless newb accounts, archives and latest posts, image galleries and document libraries, to a proper new home.

I'm sure I speak for me when I say "We have faith in you!" :):):)