PDA

View Full Version : HELP! What cars share the 6-bolt lug pattern?

ScubaSteve
10/01/2003, 12:07 PM
Help! Trying to get this beast through inspection. I'm hoping to BORROW someone's Isuzu tires, but not many Isuzu's down here... anyone know of any other vehicle manufacturer who has the same 6-lug bolt pattern as our VXs?????

BigJoe
10/01/2003, 12:23 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2079

nyc #1 ironman
10/01/2003, 12:28 PM
Theres no fellow VXers out there who can help out? I have my stock tires in my garage but I'm way out here in NY.

AnalogVX
10/01/2003, 03:01 PM
Taken from Vehix's post from above thread:

Cadillac: Escalade
Chevrolet: Blazer: C2500, K1500, K2500, Silverado, Suburban or Tahoe
GMC: K1500, C2500, K2500, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon Denali or Yukon XL
Honda: Passport
Isuzu: Rodeo, Trooper or Vehicross SUV
Mitsubishi: Montero
Nissan: Frontier, Pathfinder or Xterra
Toyota: 4Runner, Landcruiser, Sequoia, Tacoma or Tundra

WormGod
10/01/2003, 03:08 PM
Man, I would help if I could, especially since I am right around the corner from ya, but the only other tires and wheels I have stick out 1" from the wells.

Tell ya what though, I have a buddy with a Dakota. We put my wheels on his truck one day to see how it looked and they worked fine. His MAY work on yours. He has stock Dodge stuff. I will try his wheels on my VX this weekend and see what pops up. If it works, I am sure he would do a swap for a day. ;)

Navigator
10/01/2003, 06:37 PM
... I got rid of my Trooper some time ago and have no spares. I read somewhere, a member used fender extenders to pass inspection.

nocturnalVX
10/01/2003, 09:50 PM
I can't believe they are giving YOU grief because your VX is slightly modded with all the beaters running around here with missing lights and/or bumpers, and spewing smoke from thier tailpipes. :sighb: Wish the suits would get thier priorities straight. Good luck!

ScubaSteve
10/02/2003, 06:20 AM
Well, before I even posted that question I had ordered some fender extender thingamabobs off JC Whitney. Went to Walmart and bought some of that trim tape for sticking the side molding to cars and stuck it on there with that...

No way in HELL i'm drilling into my wheelwells!:eek:

Now I find out that there's some young chick that works the counter there, and she apparently told the inspector i was a "good friend" and asked him to hook me up... got a phone call saying that if I taped the fender extenders on and they seemed "relatively secure" they'd pass it.

I'll find out this morning - i'll post the results! Cross your fingers...:(

AREA 51
10/02/2003, 07:31 AM
If it passes, I guess you'll owe her!;)

JasonB
10/03/2003, 11:54 AM
I doubt it...Isuzu uses a common 6 on 5.5 pattern, and dodge dakotas and others have a very uncommon 6 on 4.5 pattern.

MOST (read ALL BUT DODGE) 6 lug wheels will fit the Isuzu lugs.