PDA

View Full Version : Lashing it to a trailer?

TexVeX
10/08/2011, 12:11 PM
The BF wants me to ask how we should tie down the vehicross when trailering it somewhere to be sure that we do it safely and correctly.
We have to move it Monday from here to somewhere else local.

Etfren
10/08/2011, 12:28 PM
Here is a picture of mine loaded up on our flatbed. Just make sure you have good chains and a binder for the front and rear. Apparently I don't have a picture of the back, but I know I used a d-ring on the rear tie down point on one side and wrapped a car strap around something on the other side and attached the chain and binder to those. You can see the rear binder under the truck in the background.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s319/Etfren/Cars/144.jpg

VX KAT
10/08/2011, 01:32 PM
Here is a picture of mine loaded up on our flatbed. Just make sure you have good chains and a binder for the front and rear. Apparently I don't have a picture of the back, but I know I used a d-ring on the rear tie down point on one side and wrapped a car strap around something on the other side and attached the chain and binder to those. You can see the rear binder under the truck in the background.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s319/Etfren/Cars/144.jpg
:_thinking
now wait, I'm cornfuzed.....I thought you bought BigMeat's 5 spd MATTE black beater VX, and got an Ironman parts car.....the VX in this pic looks too clean/unadulterated to be BigMeat's off road rig I saw in Moab, with giant 35s too... :_thinking

Etfren
10/08/2011, 11:43 PM
You are correct Sue, I did buy Alan's black beater (and let me tell you, its a beater. Lots of work needed to get it reliable again) and got the Ironman parts truck that I've been selling bits from. About a month or two after that if you remember, Bcmillertime over in Lewiston, ID was selling this nice Dragon with a blown motor for cheap and I couldn't resist since it was so close and we have friends in Lewiston. Took a day trip over there and picked it up and snapped some pictures on the way home.

So I've got Alan's old beater that I'm slowly getting back into operational shape and planing to put back on 35's, plus this clean, all stock Dragon that I'll be swapping an 02 Axiom motor into this winter. Lots of :_wrench: to be done!

Will hopefully have a build thread/tutorial type thing on the Axiom swap when its done. Have a few other projects that are taking up the garage that need to get done first though. :(

VX KAT
10/09/2011, 06:53 AM
You are correct Sue, I did buy Alan's black beater (and let me tell you, its a beater. Lots of work needed to get it reliable again) (

Wow, 3 VXs...cool.... I didn't recall you bought bcmillertime's. And yes, beater, saw it in person.......lots of TLC...:thumbup:

TexVeX
10/13/2011, 06:39 PM
I meant to say thanks a bunch for the pic and info but nearly forgot. :D Thanks.

pbkid
10/13/2011, 08:06 PM
generally, for the rear, you can wrap a strap around the axle, then use a chain binder. The front, you should be able to use the two tie downs provided from the factory.

btw, what did you end up deciding to do with your VX??? are you going to fix it, or junk yard it?

TexVeX
10/14/2011, 12:56 PM
Read the last page on the thread "It's totaled, Now what?" I Have no other choice. Tried everything else and I'm stuck with what i always thought I'd be stuck with. :sady: