PDA

View Full Version : A Have Seen It All!!!

WormGod
09/30/2003, 08:34 PM
Ok, now, I know I am a pretty big fan of dropping the VX about 2", for wheel well coverage, BUT, tonight, I saw the most hideous thing imagineable in VA. Hold onto your butts, cause this is heinous....

I saw a slammed Dragon Green today. And I mean SLAMMED. I know we have done mockup Photoshop jobs in our gallery here, but this thing was ON THE GROUND. It was lower than the pics! The torch came out and hit that frame to make this thing work. I seriously screamed "NOOOOOOO!".

Anyways, I'll keeo my REAL opinion to myself so's not to hurt any feelings or spark up a flame war in case the owner lurks here, but man.... all I can say is :thumbdn: :argue: :bomb: :rollg2: ;puke:

Dallas4u
09/30/2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
I wonder if it was as bad as this GMC 3500 Quad cab Dually long bed on my base that is slammed to the ground.....;eekp; .....serious..........it scrapes on everything just about not level

You wonder if it is AS bad? It's a slammed VX? Does it get much worse?

Damn... sorry... you are scared for life!

Bantan
09/30/2003, 09:41 PM
WormGod,
Can you please take some recon photos and post for us to see?

hchen
09/30/2003, 10:34 PM
yea and find out his information...i'd like to know how he dropped it. i dont want to slam it but i want to drop it a few inches to have the fender/wheel gap covered thanks

ScubaSteve
10/01/2003, 04:54 AM
WHY!?!?!? GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!?!?!??! :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag: :waag:

Spike
10/01/2003, 06:51 AM
... I know someone who wants to slam a John Deere tractor so that it sends sparks flying when it hits uneven pavement.

WormGod
10/01/2003, 06:53 AM
I have a friend that lives down that way and put him up to scoping out the guy to get some recon shots. He said he has seen the guy around and he apparently drives a few other lowered CARS. One of which has SPINNERS!!! The horror.

hchen, dropping the VX a few inches is possible already with springs, a few adjustments/slices, and some cranks with a ratchet. As low as this guy's VX was, you will need someone to cut your frame and "most likely", remove your gear box. Probably no longer utilizes TOD. This thing had MASSIVE modifications done to it. For the life of me, I HOPE he is just trying to use it for show, but as scraped up as some of the cladding looked, I doubt it. :(

Rickster
10/01/2003, 07:52 AM
I was recently at a show in Atlanta, and their was a slammed Hummer, it just looked odd. Some vehicles are meant to be lifted, but a dropped Hummer, it's just wrong.

Rickster

Spike
10/01/2003, 08:01 AM
A Slammed Hummer... would that be considered a Slummer?

(sorry, couldnt resist)

Navigator
10/01/2003, 06:24 PM
...A slammed VX makes about as much sense as pierced testicles :wtfg: ;puke2;

Bantan
10/01/2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Rickster
I was recently at a show in Atlanta, and their was a slammed Hummer, it just looked odd. Some vehicles are meant to be lifted, but a dropped Hummer, it's just wrong.

Rickster
Rickster was it this Hummer?
http://www.partypage.net/images/bdhummer.jpg

hchen
10/01/2003, 11:14 PM
haha yea imma get mine dropped 2 or 3, just talked to my boys who own a shop in Linden, jersey. ...just got a custom exhaust, magnaflow muffler installed there today...sounds mean. anyways...everyone has different tastes...i guess that guy likes to slam rides. the only ride i'd ever slam is a 64 impala with all the hydrolics and alll that niiiiice lowrider ish.

SPINNERS = ill = must have = ballin'
gonna get me a set of 20 or 22 spinners. when i find myself 5-10 g's sometime soon...or save up for another year. i dun go offroading so it's gonna be all show...got some other ideas in mind...like get the side cladding molds and make C/F ones as well as the hood. probably 15-20 g's. just guesstimating 'cause one of my boys has a almost all c/f bmw...you might have seen it in Fast an Furious 2, in the beginning with the sound systems...he's the one with the system that folds out and amps pop up....ooooooooo that 's sick.

nocturnalVX
10/01/2003, 11:22 PM
;puke2;

MZ-N10
10/01/2003, 11:38 PM
hchen if u go all show with ur vx....u better enter it into hin or import revolution....and if u ever come by the bay area with a slammed vx ill personally bow down and kiss for feet...jk
________
Buy glass pipes (http://glasspipes.net/)

hchen
10/01/2003, 11:44 PM
lolol yea im going all show. i've estimated the costs of what i wanna do...after im done it'll be probably close to 30 g's. so by the time im done i'll have 150,000 miles on it probably. or more...maybe i should look in on droppin a crate engine into it...one of those v8's from GM that they use in hotrods. my boy said i might be able to do it with a lot of customizing with the mounts and stuff.

but no slamming...i like the look of it slammed, but i'd only ever do that if it were just airbags so i can still get the height advantage when im rollin.

give me a few days, i'll make some phone calls and find out how much it'll be to get c/f side cladding made. maybe someone else also wants to spend the loot on it, 'cause you know it's gonna be the sickest ish ever. plus it'll be scratch resistent from all those biotches that park real close to you and then give you a nice scratch with their doors.

MZ-N10
10/01/2003, 11:59 PM
cf claddign sounds nice you might as well get a cf hood insert too and replace all the interior fake cf with the real stuff....i dont know about american v8...the sound just wont match the car...a monster american v8 sounding engine in a car tat screams import....maybe a rb26 or even a 2jz would fit the car better..but its your car...oh by the way if u can get ur hands on another hid kit ill be interested...
________
Live Sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

hchen
10/02/2003, 12:06 AM
haha. yea c/f hood too. that's a must, that'll be the first c/f part.

i dunno much about engines...just the usual b16, b18, h22...honda stuff woooooo. im not gonna do anything to the engine until i run that ish to the ground.

aite, if you want a pair. let me see what i can do. even if it's not technically yours, it's all good...just look away and pretend you dont know whats going on. but i'll let you know if i can find any for you. i dunno how much my boys will charge but it will be a lot less than brand new ones. and they work brand new too so whats the difference.

WormGod
10/02/2003, 04:31 AM
hchen, you sound right out of a movie kid, heh. You trip me out. ;)

I am somewhat blown that you would wanna go so overboard on a vehicle that was limited production, but hey, you paid for it, you do what ya like. Just get some pics and post. Oh, and don't go spinners man. They are the most "Hollywood herb" ****e I have ever seen. There is some cat around my way that has some 20" spinners on a slammed Suburban. Dude gets heckled at more than I know. Just go Brooklyn Kings style and chrome it out. And remember, once the torch touches your VX.... there aint no going back. ;)

I will agree with yuo on the horse pumpage. I would LOVE to be able to drop like a 427 or something in there, with a new rear and driveline. Could be pretty boss.

Triathlete
10/02/2003, 08:47 AM
That Hummer still has recovery rings on the bumper! Is that so they can drag that sorry thing off of speed bumps?:laughb: :laughg: :laugho: :laughp: :laughr: :laughy: :razb2: :razg2: :razo2: :razp2: :razr2: :flame2:

Dallas4u
10/02/2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Triathlete
That Hummer still has recovery rings on the bumper! Is that so they can drag that sorry thing off of speed bumps?:laughb: :laughg: :laugho: :laughp: :laughr: :laughy: :razb2: :razg2: :razo2: :razp2: :razr2: :flame2:

It looks like it still has the dealer sticker in the window too.

ScubaSteve
10/02/2003, 09:37 AM
i just wanna throw this in here for those who might have missed it on an earlier reply.....

;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke: ;puke:

MZ-N10
10/02/2003, 10:28 AM
i dont know about you but my vx has been called a UFO so many times its not even funny.....imo, the muslce car engines will give you a deep vintage engine sounds....but since the car is styled in such a futuristic fashion i would think it would match the style of the car better with a japanese turbo engine...ive looked into swapping my vx engine with a 20b(3 rotor rotary) a 2jz(jza80 supra) and of course the rb26(skyline gtr) engine...ive been told by my friends mechanic that the rotary would require mass amouts of modifications while the 2jz and the rb26 would be slighty easier to do....the stock ecu...pipes...engine mount...would all have to be either modified or custom made...and the connection between the tranny and the engine would just have to be custom. but u get the "i have the only one in the world" look and feel and tats wat it all comes down to....just my 2 cent...
________
Park Lane Jomtien Resort Condos (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

ScubaSteve
10/02/2003, 11:14 AM
Know what... here's my 3rd cent on this subject.

I drive my VX everyday. It's not a weekend car. It's not garage kept. It's parking lot kept. I don't wash it twice a week, or even once a week (although it IS filthy). I love this VX like it spawned from my own loins :) but if it's one thing I've learned it's this...

no matter what modifications you do to your truck... no matter how loud it is, or high off the ground. no matter if it's rooster-tailing sparks from the chassis dragging on the ground (ehem..), no matter if you rebuild the entire exterior out of carbon fiber or graham crackers... no matter if it's sparkling-clean or covered head to toe with mud..

at least 3 times a week i STILL pull up to a red light and get flagged down by the guy in the lane next to me doing the "i know i look retarded but can u roll down your window" arm signal just to tell me I have a sweet ride and ask what it is. That's enough for me to be happy:)

-Scuba
"Representin' da STOCK ride! Fo shizzle!"

SpaceTruck'n
10/02/2003, 11:18 AM
If you have a slammed VX, DON'T EVEN THINK about driving it through ARIZONA!
You will be kicked out of the state, very FAST and FURIOUSLY!

:mad:

PS. If you have spinners, they probably won't be spinning by the time you reach the border. We'll use them for giant Christmas tree ornaments.

hchen
10/02/2003, 11:19 AM
werd...a VX is a VX no matter what. it's just the overall design of the damn thing.

supra engine huh...twin turbo...hmmm...can you ask your friend how much it would cost ...total costs. just a guesstimate. taht would be sick. and then 6 speed transmission. oh baby. if someone decides to do that, i will bow down to you as the quickest vx on the planet.

Lightproof
10/02/2003, 12:16 PM
SLAP!

TDAWG
10/02/2003, 06:00 PM
Ok here's my .02
I've seen any ride you can think of Dropped/Bagged and Hydroed. I even thought of doing it myself for like 1.2 Seconds before I was slapped by everyone in my family/Club and even my peeps at work. It looks better dropped in pics than up close. I once had my boys take out all the suspendion and mount my 22's back just to see what it would look like. My heart was broken it didn't look as hot aas I thought so we put everything back took my Konig NRN off road rims with mickey thompson tires of my amigo and threw those on my VX. Here in RI i have seen about 6 SUV's with spinners and their is a club up here that has all six sets of those spinners hang'n on the wall of their club house. All the owners know who has them but when peeps got fear in their heart of the club they let it go and move on to haing just plain old 20's or 22's. On that said "2 each their own " do wat u gotta do.

MZ-N10
10/02/2003, 10:31 PM
wow....people seem so angry at the idea of just modifying a vx...everyone is intitled to their own opinion of whats nice and what not. you can raise ur vx..lower it or just leave it stock it's your taste, your car and your money. yea sure i wanted to raise it, pump the power, get a new exhaust, get rims, etc...
personally dont have the time, the money or the will power to do anything big to my vx...my car is bone stock...no aftermarket muffler, speakers, lights, roofracks. Well the only thing that isnt stock is the super glue i used to glue back on the rubber thing around the headlights...as for spinners/sprewells they are just like having 6 tv screens in the car....just to show how much money you have to spend on a car.
ScubaSteve i know excatly how you feel. from wat i have read most the people on this forum feel the same way as you. the vx is a rare car...but for some it still isnt rare enough. im happy to be 18 and own such a special car, i drive my car everyday to college and back and i know i have the only vx in the parking lot. but as u can see basically everyone on this forum has a vx, and therefore in this family the vx isnt a rare item anymore. but if u drop it, spray paint it pink then slap on dragon decals all over it you will have the only vx in the planet with those mods. many of the "ricers" i know all want to have their car to be not only fast but also unique. thats why modifying car is so big and tats why people stare at the vx...

by the way if i offened anyone in any of my post please forgive me...call me young, call me ignorant, even to the extent of calling me stupid....im always willing to change as a person for the better.....

seeing how many people objected to the idea of lowering and racing the vx ive decided to not go on any farther with this topic....hchen if u want i can pm u or something and we can talk about how much the price is for the mods and etc...

once again im sorry if i offened anyone
________
Nexium Withdraw (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

Dallas4u
10/03/2003, 08:36 AM
Dude, people have gotten to the point where just posting your opinion initiates guarded reactions like this. MZ, you didn't offend me, and I wouldn't see how your post could offend anyone. hchen, do whatever you want to do. It's your VX, your money, your rep. My opinion should only weigh in as much as you want it to. If you want to spend $30k lowering your VX, shoehorning whatever engine you want in in, CF'ing the entire exterior, whatever... then my opinion obviously won't make a big impact to you. Same with you MZ... nothing I say about what I think you should or shouldn't do is meant to degrade you as a person.

Jeez... opinions are opinions. Maybe people need to watch HOW they state their opinions, but people also don't need to be so scared to state them as to think they are offending everyone by doing so.

WormGod
10/03/2003, 08:36 AM
In response to MZ's post, I don't think anyone is hammering, but simply sharing opinions. This being a "VX Only" site, when I come here and post something about what I did to my VX or what my plans are, I expect a certain level of positive and negative opinions. If I didnt want to hear their opinions, I wouldn't have posted it in the first place, heh. In the case of this thread, when i started it, I KNEW there would be a higher level of negative response, especially since I was one of the first few who ever thought about lowering the VX. I can't hate though. I think in general, I was glad I saw the VX in person in a slammed state. My consideration did a 180.

I do agree, it looks better lowered in mockup pics. In person, it was rather hideous. 2" - 3" might be the best bet, for anyone considering it though. Taking the torch to the frame and maybe even losing your TOD just to hug the road.... I "personally" don't think it's worth it. Yes,I said "personally", heh. My opinion on the whole matter is completely moot, since yes, it IS your VX and it IS your money. I would LOVE to see a lowered VX done in a flashy way. The one I saw was hideous.

BTW, I saw a lowered black H2 on my way to work this morning. It was even more hideous than the VX I saw. ;puke2;

Bantan
10/03/2003, 08:54 AM
Wormgod,
I want to see all these hideous things too, maybe you can keep a disposable camera in your car. thats what I do, just in case. Thats how I was able to get the 9/11 photos.

WormGod
10/03/2003, 10:02 AM
Good point Bantan. That is an easy request to follow. ;)

Dallas4u
10/03/2003, 10:03 AM
Man, I always WISH I had a camera with me... I need to put one in my VX as well.

Bantan
10/03/2003, 10:44 AM
Well I've learned that from being in the wrong place at the wrong time, having a disposable camera really helps especially when dealing with, Insurance companies, fighting parking tickets and other violations. Oh also VX and Booty sightings;)

Dallas4u
10/03/2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Bantan
Well I've learned that from being in the wrong place at the wrong time, having a disposable camera really helps especially when dealing with, Insurance companies, fighting parking tickets and other violations. Oh also VX and Booty sightings;)

Mmmmmm... booty sightings.

Heraclid
10/03/2003, 08:14 PM
Hey, what about a VX with hydraulics so it can bounce around? In my mind that would be even worse than slamming it. :-)

Taking pictures of booty as you go by... um... that's different. Of course, they like to say to take a picture 'cause it'll last longer.

Dallas4u
10/04/2003, 01:09 AM
Camera phones in bars or clubs is better... of course, I'm married, so I wouldn't know anything about that.

Heraclid
10/04/2003, 09:56 AM
Don't have one of those yet. So I guess you can store images with a number and have a sort of babe Rolodex, 'cause something like that doesn't do any good unless you get her number. Who cares about a picture - isn't it the 3D interactive version you really want? :-)

Sheik-YurBooty
10/04/2003, 07:49 PM
Booty sightings, hmmmm! I hope you were'nt referring to me.:) :) :)

Bantan
10/05/2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Sheik-YurBooty
Booty sightings, hmmmm! I hope you were'nt referring to me.:) :) :)
You got me cracking up here, the only booty I want to see is the one on your VX. ;Dp;

Bantan
10/05/2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
Camera phones in bars or clubs is better... of course, I'm married, so I wouldn't know anything about that.
Same here!:angel:

hchen
10/06/2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Triathlete

lol it doesnt drive that low to the ground...he's got airbag suspension...that's some nice setup. now THAT's called ballin'