PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY: Rough idle and stalling problem fixed!

Yefim
10/24/2002, 06:49 AM
After replacing and cleaning different things my dealer replaced the fuel pressure regulator yesterday and it finally fixed my rough idle and stalling problem!! My VX used to stall once in a while and after 3 trips to the dealer I thought that I will just have to live with that. But I got a call from a dealer and they said they put an order for a fuel pressure regulator (it was backordered) and will replace it - under warranty - even though my warranty expired already. The part finally arrived and they replaced it yesterday. I noticed the difference right away as soon as I picked up the car. The engine works like new. I get very smooth idle and it hasn't stalled yet :) I think my problem is finally fixed. If you experience rough idle or stalling, have your dealer check your fuel pressure regulator.

Moncha
10/24/2002, 07:22 AM
Great news!! Good to see you have a caring dealer too!!

Yefim
10/24/2002, 09:02 AM
Thanks! Yes, Peter's Auto Center in Nashua, NH has always been great to me. I highly recommend them. I bought my VX there and I had nothing but great service from them since then. If anyone interested, I can provide more contact information.

2K1 1K2
08/17/2004, 08:50 PM
hello, all. thought i would share the happiness at having my baby cured!
my VX had been ill for about 2 wks and just now had a chance to take her in to be checked out, today. it was taking 2-5 attempts to get the VX to start. once on, it would idle roughly, "cough" and stall. Steve at Mancari's (Orland Park) checked her out and found the fuel pressure regulator to be bad. a new one was installed and she is now A-OK.
it's nice to turn the key and have it start right up. it was hard seeing people checking her out only to see me get in and fuss for her to turn on. :sighy:
so, as previously mentioned by Yefim - if you're experiencing any like-symptoms, have your dealer check that part out.

- jose

dutchie
08/17/2004, 10:30 PM
Jose,

Good to hear your baby is fine!

Serge

2K1 1K2
08/18/2004, 09:12 PM
hey, Serge - thanks! hope all well w/you and the family. sleepless nights catch up w/you, yet? :snooz: :)
nice hearing from you.

-jose

p.s. you haven't found any light bars or anyone wanting to part w/theirs on your side of the pond, have you?
thanks, again. hasta luego!

dutchie
08/19/2004, 06:28 AM
Jose,
Ha ha, sleepless nights....yeah:D , somehow people somehow people always start telling you these things after your baby is born....:mad: :p
But hey he's a beauty..check it out.
http://home.att.ne.jp/iota/beadsloveu/SANY0013.jpg

2K1 1K2
08/19/2004, 08:45 PM
AWESOME!!! truly a handsome lil' guy! he's getting big, quick.

-jose