PDA

View Full Version : My Vx

SouthJ1
09/28/2011, 01:45 PM
I don't know if everyone knows, but 3 months ago I blew a second engine in my vx, but now this week I get my vx back with a brand new fully rebuilt engine. I was wondering if there was a specific way to break it in.. besides not dog it out

H3_VX
09/28/2011, 01:53 PM
I don't know if everyone knows, but 3 months ago I blew a second engine in my vx, but now this week I get my vx back with a brand new fully rebuilt engine. I was wondering if there was a specific way to break it in.. besides not dog it out

Wow, 2 engines blown in the same vx. Thats bad luck. Sorry. Hopefully you're in the clear from now on.

VX KAT
09/28/2011, 01:58 PM
wow, that's got to be a record, a bad one that is. Hope that streak has ended.
What were the circumstances of each? Was it oil related at all?

SouthJ1
09/28/2011, 04:37 PM
Both of them were oil related

VX KAT
09/28/2011, 04:43 PM
Both of them were oil related
Any more detail than that?

PK
09/28/2011, 05:01 PM
Any more detail than that?

Slow learner????:(:mad::p:p:p

PK

vt_maverick
09/28/2011, 06:28 PM
3 engines in 12 months... I'm surprised your parents haven't kicked the VX to the curb yet.

Etfren
09/28/2011, 11:09 PM
The only engine break in procedures I know about are for turbo cars like Subaru's that say stay out of boost for the first 1,000 miles or something like that. Also you should change the oil more often than the usual 3,000 miles at first, and keep checking it all the time.

Riff Raff
09/28/2011, 11:27 PM
Yup; as you stated, don't dog it out. Breaking-in a new engine should be done gingerly (feather the gas pedal) and not driving at a constant speed all of the time. Rather; vary you speed in the city and especially on the freeway, so the engine does not become favored to a particular rpm. Never use your cruise-control while breaking-in a new engine either.

Lastly, your engine dip-stick should become your best friend. Check your oil level often, preferably cold after sitting overnight (for the most accurate reading).

:bgwb:

SouthJ1
09/29/2011, 12:25 PM
Sorry for not giving you a long reply at first Kat, I was at work.

The whole ordeal started when about 6 months ago I blew the first engine in my vx. I was coming off the e-way because on the e-way i started hearing a knock and I stopped at the redlight coming off the offramp i went to leave the redlight and BOOM!!!

2 months later I got a replacement engine with a warranty. This engine used a S**t ton of oil
3 weeks after that that engine blows up while im doing literally 15 mph due to Throwing a rod because the engine hadn't been ran in 4 years (Junkyard)

Now comes today 3 months after I put the VX in the shop.
I have a Fully Rebuilt Junkyard engine now :D I have had my Vx since July 27th 2010 and im planning to keep it.

I appreciate any help i can get on taking care of this new engine and i hope to not become the best of friends with my dip stick.

VX KAT
09/29/2011, 01:06 PM
i hope to not become the best of friends with my dip stick.

OK, dat dere's funny, I don't care who ya are...

rsteinmetz70112
09/29/2011, 01:19 PM
My dip stick and I have been friends for a long time.

SouthJ1
09/29/2011, 01:29 PM
OK, dat dere's funny, I don't care who ya are...

i have been constantly checking the oil in my VX ever since i got it for free a year ago