PDA

View Full Version : Transmission slipping

TRUSFJ40
09/09/2011, 03:22 AM
Back in 09 I had my transmission rebuilt by aamco (bad move) and had no problems until recently when I stated to experience it slipping from 1st to 2nd gear. Took it back to aamco and they did a full external diagnosis and said they could not duplicate the problem at this time.

They also told me that the reason it could be slipping is that my abs light is on and it will affect the all wheel drive system, thus affecting the transmission operation.

The weird thing about this is. My abs light has been on for at least 2 years and was on when they rebuild the tranny. They never said anything about it then.

They said that the fluid level and condition were fine as well.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening and why didn't it happen years ago?

Did it take this long to affect the tranny? I thing their trying to stall me on my warranty with a lame excuse.

Thanks

atilla_the_fun
09/09/2011, 04:55 AM
Sorry, the ABS and the "AWD" system are completely separate. They, in this case, were full of hot air. Not only would the ABS light have no bearing on the operation of the TOD (AWD), but there is no way the TOD would seem like slipping, unless there is ice - and in that case, the transmission still engages.

if the slipping gets bad, put it into 4L (full time 4x4), thereby removing the AWD system from the equation. If it still slips, its not an electrical fault (other than in the transmission).

jdm monkey
09/09/2011, 07:49 AM
Mine too was slipping before. All I did was change the tranny fluid.

TRUSFJ40
09/09/2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks for your feed back. I took my VX to another shop for a second opinion and when they took it out for a test drive. It duplicated itself and the check trans light was flashing.
It never flashed before and now it is in back up mode.

So the owner of the 2nd opinion shop told to take it over to aamco and show that now there is something wrong. So they took it for a test drive and diagnostic tested it. Could not find an error code, the check trans light is off and they said it dives OK now.

So they want to keep it to run some more tests. What they are is beyond me. But, being the A holes they are they still are under the grand illusion that it might be the ABS. I told they are full of it as for I got opinions for to reputable shops, plus isuzu themselves saying there is no connection.

I think I have what is called transmission flare in 1st and 2nd gear. Again I think their just trying to put the blame on me to get out of honoring the warranty and make me pay additional bucks for what I've already payed for 1 1/2 years ago.

So I'll see what they say and take it from there. Unfortunately they have me over a barrel. Because of the check trans light being on. They wouldn't release my VX until I signed a wavier. Which would void my warranty and I didn't want to risk it, just in case they would honor it. Can't win for loosen.

This could get interesting. I'll let you know what happens. Again thanks!

PK
09/09/2011, 08:25 PM
Offer your second opinion shop $50 for a detailed written report.
Then use that report to force the issue.

PK

rsteinmetz70112
09/09/2011, 08:44 PM
Let me get this straight;

There is no problem because that can't duplicate the problem.
They want a waiver because the Check Transmission Light is on.

WTF??

By the way Louisiana license plates use three letters and three numerals:

ABC 123
They reportedly issued some WTF XXX plates and them recalled them.

It's a pretty good game to see the three letter words and acronyms.

I know a girl whose car is named SUE

RICHARD PAYNE
09/11/2011, 02:23 AM
See if they are a BBB member and file a case.

Ldub
09/11/2011, 07:24 AM
Rip-off Report | AAMCO Transmissions | Complaint Review: 1183

www.ripoffreport.com/directory/aamco.aspx?p=21

www.insiderpages.com/b/3723270764/aamco-transmisisons-bellevue

At least you're not alone...:(

atilla_the_fun
09/11/2011, 08:34 AM
Those reports were really horrible. I will never ever recommend that shop. Jeez, why can't business like this be shut down permanently? Would that be overstepping the government/private line. I'm sure they do some good work, but the worst stories really show how poorly structured the company is.