PDA

View Full Version : This is driving me nuts!!

Paul_A
08/22/2011, 07:52 AM
Anyone help?
Despite looking everywhere I just can't make any sense at all of the Stereo wiring colours! Basically they are:

Top Row Black/white Green/Red Red/blue N/c Blue Blue/white Green Gray

Bottom Brown N/c Red/White Black Red White Blue Yellow

I can't find anything remotely similar!...... Help! :confused:

Thanks!

Y33TREKker
08/22/2011, 09:33 AM
So you're saying that all those wires are in one connector? They sound like the color of wires associated with the front and rear speakers. Does your VX have an aftermarket stereo system (head unit, amp, speakers, etc) that's using aftermarket speaker wiring?

JAMAS
08/22/2011, 09:38 AM
I extracted and uploaded the wiring diagram. Hope this helps...

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=50

Triathlete
08/22/2011, 09:53 AM
Paul has a JDM VX so his factory stereo differs from ours so I would imagine the wiring differs also. Hopefully one of our JDM guys will tune in.

JAMAS
08/22/2011, 10:17 AM
Wouldnt you think the wiring thought process would be similar though?

Perhaps its at least a starting point. Check to see if those colors and functionality match. Maybe he'll get lucky and they're the same.

Triathlete
08/22/2011, 10:41 AM
Wiring colors "might" be the same but you never know.

Ldub
08/22/2011, 12:05 PM
It would also have the wires for the rear view camera in there somewhere..:_thinking

JAMAS
08/22/2011, 12:08 PM
It would also have the wires for the rear view camera in there somewhere..:_thinking

I thought about that too, but our back door has the spot for the camera. So likewise, perhaps the wires are the same with a "blank" in the spot for the camera.

Let us know what you find, Paul.

Paul_A
08/23/2011, 12:43 AM
Hi!
Thanks Guys!
The wires are all on the one connector, it's the original "addzest" (Clarion) stereo with screen for the rear view camera. The colours don't seem to bear any relation at all to the U.S. model vx!
Think I'll need to just meter it all out with a signal generator and mm!

JAMAS
08/23/2011, 01:59 AM
Hi!
Thanks Guys!
The wires are all on the one connector, it's the original "addzest" (Clarion) stereo with screen for the rear view camera. The colours don't seem to bear any relation at all to the U.S. model vx!
Think I'll need to just meter it all out with a signal generator and mm!

Darn!

Paul_A
08/28/2011, 02:26 AM
Thanks Jamas!!!

With the help of that diagram I got it all figured out! It was pretty close actually! Only a couple of really minor differences!! Thanks again!!
:grino::grino::grino:

Greasemonkey
08/29/2011, 08:37 AM
Ok you must make sure you keep power to the signal booster or your radio signal is pants -
the reversing camera is actually a CD changer plug type so easy to spot
cheers
Steve

don moore
08/29/2011, 10:30 PM
Wouldnt you think the wiring thought process would be similar though?

Perhaps its at least a starting point. Check to see if those colors and functionality match. Maybe he'll get lucky and they're the same.

no there wires process is from the right to the left. J/K:p

Greasemonkey
09/03/2011, 10:32 AM
Did you get this sorted - if you are still stuck i can take mine to bits - but i have to remove the dash covers to take the radio out lol so its not a 5 minute job
cheers
Steve

Paul_A
09/03/2011, 12:22 PM
Did you get this sorted - if you are still stuck i can take mine to bits - but i have to remove the dash covers to take the radio out lol so its not a 5 minute job
cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,
Thanks! Got it all sorted now took a couple of hours with a meter and signal generator but finally got there! :happyface
Thinking of sending the stereo off to clarion to get it fixed (depending on how much they might charge!) seem to have no display although the radio and cassette work. Might just ditch it and fit a double din player / screen instead.
Reversing camera was totally fritzed (full of water) so got one of those cheapy ones from china via ebay.. works pretty good though so not bad considering it was only about a tenner!