PDA

View Full Version : Warranty ?

AndyC
08/16/2011, 05:57 AM
Anyone know who to call on an existing Factory warranty? I have to see if I can come up with a corporate number. I stopped by a dealer that was an Isuzu dealer but was told all dealers are now gone. They told me to contact the Corporate office to see if it might be done at a commercial truck dealer.

Anyone recently have a warranty issue.

Andy

deermagnet
08/16/2011, 06:46 AM
http://www.isuzu.com (http://www.isuzu.com/home.jsp)

UltrAsOniC
08/16/2011, 07:33 AM
I notice this when trying to find one myself i was looking for open recalls?

deermagnet
08/16/2011, 07:36 AM
There has never been an Isuzu Vehicross recall for any reason. It's the only Isuzu passenger vehicle sold in the US that has never had a recall.

Mark

Anita
08/16/2011, 09:13 AM
Andy, this is up on their website. You may have the info by now.
Isuzu Motors America, LLC
(800) 255-6727
Owner Relations
9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (EST) Monday to Friday
1400 S. Douglass Road, Suite 100 Anaheim, CA 92806

circmand
08/16/2011, 01:03 PM
Anyone know who to call on an existing Factory warranty? I have to see if I can come up with a corporate number. I stopped by a dealer that was an Isuzu dealer but was told all dealers are now gone. They told me to contact the Corporate office to see if it might be done at a commercial truck dealer.

Anyone recently have a warranty issue.

Andy

on what the issue is may help the rest of us.

AndyC
08/16/2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks everyone. It not major but my rear differential is leaking slightly, enough that I get a some drips on the floor in my garage. I have to keep an eye on it every 3 months or so I have to add a little to fill it back to the check plug.
I figure since I still have a warranty on the drivetrain I might as well use it before it's gone.

circmand
08/17/2011, 05:15 AM
Thanks everyone. It not major but my rear differential is leaking slightly, enough that I get a some drips on the floor in my garage. I have to keep an eye on it every 3 months or so I have to add a little to fill it back to the check plug.
I figure since I still have a warranty on the drivetrain I might as well use it before it's gone.

Of course use the warranty that is what it is there for so good luck. Let us know how this ends up working out.

blacksambo
08/17/2011, 10:40 AM
The dealers are not all gone just reduced in number. I have one 15 miles away. They are still servicing Isuzus through 2008 on warranty and providing all parts.

IndianaVX
08/17/2011, 02:07 PM
The dealers are not all gone just reduced in number. I have one 15 miles away. They are still servicing Isuzus through 2008 on warranty and providing all parts.

same here. i think it is also a kia, and another or two dealer. but it used to be an isuzu dealer. it is in greenwood indiana

AndyC
09/08/2011, 06:45 AM
Finally got around to searching a bit and found dealer about an hour away - appointment set. Will post up what happens.

deermagnet
10/24/2011, 05:57 PM
So what happened with your warranty claim?

Mark

AndyC
10/24/2011, 06:22 PM
Well they agreed to repair it under warranty but the parts are taking a long time to get here. I guess they are being shipped via boat ??
It's supposed to the seals or something like that. I have no noise or anything yet - I've been keeping a close eye on the fluid level. The worst thing is the gear oil smell now since it's sprayed all underneath it now.

When I originally took it in for a look the mechanic came out and talked to me - was told that I had oversized tire on it and that could void the warranty but he couldn't see any way of that effecting the seal section of the rear differential.
I'm going to give a call tomorrow to see what's up.

deermagnet
10/24/2011, 06:28 PM
OK, thanks, Andy. I think owners still under the original factory warranty will be interested in how these claims end up. By this time next year, I believe every VX will be out of the original factory warranty. The last ones were sold in 2002.

Isuzu will be very happy when no VX is under warranty anymore. :yesy:

Actually, there can't be more than a handful of original owners left who bought in late '01 or '02.

Mark

Baldwin
04/18/2012, 03:29 PM
Lookin at a 2001 bought in May 2002. Dealer said that if i buy it, it won't be covered cuz it has to be on original owner. Is that true? I also recall that the 2001's might have changed to the 75k, 7 yr? Is that true?

AndyC
04/19/2012, 05:52 AM
I'm pretty sure that warranty was for the original purchaser only - 10 year 120k on the drivetrain . I hit the time limit in March of this year.
My only problems I had were a cracked plenum gasket an a leak in the rear differential both were covered under the Drive train warranty.

Andy

evillecutter
04/19/2012, 06:24 AM
not trying to be a downer but ive never heard of any dealership honoring a warranty on a 10 year old used vehicle - especially one that hasnt sold cars in the us since 2009 - maybe if you bought it certified pre-owned from an isuzu dealer before then?

circmand
04/19/2012, 06:47 AM
The 10 year warranty was in place for June 2002 when I bought my VX, abd it is just for original owners sorry