PDA

View Full Version : Led's vs Incandescent bulb question

rowhard
08/13/2011, 09:28 AM
One of the first mods I did was bossman's Micro DE's and Led conversion with electronic flasher unit instead of load resistor's. Now, I got rid of my F150 (not the Italia) trash hauler and bought a 5x8 utility trailer.

My question. Can I keep the Incandescent bulbs in the trailer or do I or should I change them to LED"S?

Marlin
08/13/2011, 09:38 AM
One of the first mods I did was bossman's Micro DE's and Led conversion with electronic flasher unit instead of load resistor's. Now, I got rid of my F150 (not the Italia) trash hauler and bought a 5x8 utility trailer.

My question. Can I keep the Incandescent bulbs in the trailer or do I or should I change them to LED"S?

I don't think those littletrailer lights will overload the electronic flash unit. If you are worried, head over to HF and pick some LED trailer lights. They are like20 bucks a set IIRC.

vt_maverick
08/14/2011, 07:13 PM
If I can ask a different but related question... I do have the resistors (rather than the EFU's) and I've done a complete LED conversion on the VX. I have a cargo platform that has a pair of integrated turn signal / brake lights. With the resistors I already have in place, can I just swap LED bulbs for incandescents? Or because the trailer lights are "behind" a trailer wiring harness do I need to add 6 Ohm resistors just before the trailer bulbs?

Thanks!