PDA

View Full Version : mid console arm rest wanted

dutchie
09/27/2003, 06:58 AM
I was checking out e-bay and my eye caught something I hadn`t noticed till now, the US version has an armrest! :mad: The Japanese one too, but much lower and less comfortable looking! Actually it looks like it`s on top of the original... I mean this one:http://www.midnightracing.com/andretti/images/D00444-021.jpg
Anybody who want to sell me theirs, or do you know where I can get one?
Thanks

MrCrowley
09/27/2003, 07:22 AM
The first place I would try is the wrecked VX's that people have been talking about. I dont know if anyone would sell theirs unless with modifications they have replaced the console already. Some people may come on here later with the salvage yard info.

tomdietrying
09/27/2003, 03:40 PM
I thought they all had a mid console arm rest???? My VX is a 2001. Are you telling me the 1999 don't have this?

dutchie
09/27/2003, 04:00 PM
No I think just the Japanese spec ones:(

paultvx
09/27/2003, 05:30 PM
Serge,

I'll sell you mine, but the whole VX goes with it. Shipping extra. :)

Try http://www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com/ or there was a thread on here couple weeks ago about a salvage yard parting out a silver VX.

If you can't find a used one, try parts.com, isuzuparts.net, or St. Charles Isuzu.

Part number for the '99 is 8-9715-7090-1. You may have to buy the entire center console to get it. At least that's what the footnote in the factory parts list says. $87.70. My guess is that the one in the Japanese version is shorter is because it's for the home market and folks there, on average, aren't as tall. Still, it doesn't make sense for Isuzu to make two sizes. Would've been cheaper to make just one size. Who knows what they were thinking... among other things...

Raque Thomas
09/27/2003, 07:53 PM
You might try www.pamsauto.com they were selling the console in two pieces on eBay recently, but I don't think they got a taker.
(I need to ask these people for a referal fee!!!!)