PDA

View Full Version : Odd Fan Motor Issue

johnnyapollo
08/09/2011, 06:37 PM
I have an odd problem and wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

When I start the VX in the morning the AC comes on fine. When I leave work it also kicks in as usual, however if I stop somewhere then get back in the VX, the fan is dead. This started a couple of months ago and usually I can hit the AC switch, or fumble around with the Auto and inside air buttons to get it back on. Yesterday it was just plain dead (and about 95 degrees outside). I could feel that cold air was available so the compressor was still working - I think the issue is with the fan. I eventually got it up to speed with the outside air opened and the fan kicked on - my only thought was that the flow of air moved the blades just enough to get it moving. If so, this sounds like the motor is about to go. Any thoughts on that or has anyone seen a similar issue? I tried searching but didn't find anything quite like it.

-- John

Grif
08/09/2011, 07:03 PM
Does sound like the blower motor going out. Mine went out in a similar intermittent manner. Luckily, its pretty easy to get to and not too expensive to replace.

IndianaVX
08/09/2011, 09:06 PM
I cantremember why I replaced it, but there is a relay down under the glove box that I think controls the motor. That could be going out. Memory is bad, but I think I only had one speed maybe, and that's why I replaced the relay. Maybe search for that and see what comes up. Good luck!

Ldub
08/09/2011, 11:30 PM
Could also be the circuit board in the climate control...:_confused

vt_maverick
08/10/2011, 11:49 AM
Probably related to your supercharger. Let me know if you need help getting rid of it. ;)

Seriously though, good luck! :luck:

johnnyapollo
04/07/2012, 06:22 AM
Update to my post - finally replaced the blower motor and that resolved the issue:
http://vehicross.blogspot.com/2012/03/replacing-vx-blower-motor-for-acheat.html

-- John