PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen the Kick Asstek?

coachreed
09/26/2003, 11:07 PM
Check this (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=reviews&loc_code=index&content_code=01386060) out... how is this for a kewl version of the Aztek? I'd actually drive this thing...

TTYL!

Dallas4u
09/27/2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by coachreed
Check this (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=reviews&loc_code=index&content_code=01386060) out... how is this for a kewl version of the Aztek? I'd actually drive this thing...

TTYL!

Yes, most of us have seen it HERE (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16608#post16608) already.

Oh, and please don't say you'd drive it... Aztek is Aztek, no matter how you dress her up.

Heraclid
09/27/2003, 10:59 AM
I don't think it's so bad really. And I agree that's about the ugliest thing out there, but at least this one is a beast and doesn't make me queasy when I look at it.

paultvx
09/27/2003, 12:17 PM
I actually like it quite a bit. Although, for it to sell, Pontiac would need to put a different name on it... GT_. As Adam's post shows, the Aztek name as a very strong stigma attached to it for some.

Anyway, none of this matters. The fact that they used a Corvette C5R motor (the same used in the dominating ALMS race car) shows that they were never serious about making the concept into a production car.

This concept car is just another case of corporate execs having fun at the investors' expense. Read the article and it'll tell you the Aztek is nearing the very end of it's life cycle. It will be killed soon... much like the Pontiac Fiero, just as they were starting to get it right (finally) they killed it. GM has never been known be sharp on making product divisions. If it wasn't for John DeLorean sticking to his guns and ignoring the directives from GM head honchos at the time, the infamous Pontiac GTO (affectionally known as the "goat" to many) would never have been born. Look at the original GTO now, it's a legend. Now they are trying to bastardize a foreign car and rebadging it as the new GTO in order to stir up hype and sales. Granted, the Holden Monaro is a great car... but it ain't no GTO in any respect (especially in the performance per dollar aspect at $30,000 and up).

omegavx
09/27/2003, 05:22 PM
Reminds me of a Vibe for some reason. Maybe cause the body is shorter like a vibe more then an actual aztek body. In either case I think it looks pretty good, but I'd probably never buy or drive it.

paultvx
09/27/2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by omegavx
Reminds me of a Vibe for some reason. Maybe cause the body is shorter like a vibe more then an actual aztek body. In either case I think it looks pretty good, but I'd probably never buy or drive it.

It's called branding. Manufacturers use similar ques across their product lines to help solidify brand recognition. BMW does it (split grill, shape of the headlights)... Toyota does it too.

You'd say no to 665 HP? I would say "hell yes!" just for sh*ts and grins.