PDA

View Full Version : Which O2 sensor is Bank1 sensor 1

Ebenezr
08/05/2011, 05:38 AM
My engine is throwing a P1133 error code which is the bank1 sensor 1. Does anyone know what sensor this is.?? Passenger side?? driver side?? before or after the Cat converter? Thanks.

JAMAS
08/05/2011, 05:53 AM
Crud....I know this....

it matches up with the same side as the cylinder....1,3,5 and 2,4,6.....

...I think...

so Bank 1 would be on the same side as cylinder #1.

Now the question would be, what side is cylinder #1?

Ebenezr
08/05/2011, 06:31 AM
Cylinder 1 is the passenger side. Hmmm.

JAMAS
08/05/2011, 06:33 AM
Cylinder 1 is the passenger side. Hmmm.

Passenger side. Sensor closest to the engine, I believe.

deermagnet
08/05/2011, 06:40 AM
http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/imgs/vx/cats.gif

JAMAS
08/05/2011, 06:52 AM
I KNEW IT!

Look at me.... I'm Learning!!!!

I knew hanging out with the mechanic and asking lots of questions would somehow pay off.

Ebenezr

Dang it Mark...You always know this stuff. I almost PM you on this before I even started this thread!!!!

Ebenezr
Oh and thanks. :)

JAMAS
08/05/2011, 06:55 AM
whoops....wrong thread....

Hi :)

Ebenezr
08/05/2011, 06:59 AM
whoops....wrong thread....

Hi :)

No this is the right thread...Oh wait its the left thread. Left bank sensor 1..

Ebenezr
08/05/2011, 07:09 AM
It was important for the trans man to put the O2 sensor back right but everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done. So here I am trying to fix what Nobody did. :confused:

JAMAS
08/05/2011, 08:07 AM
No this is the right thread...Oh wait its the left thread. Left bank sensor 1..

Hillarious...

I posted something that I meant to put in the "showroom new" thread here, but then realized it and deleted it out. However, you can't delete the post, only the contents.

JAMAS
08/05/2011, 08:08 AM
It was important for the trans man to put the O2 sensor back right but everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done. So here I am trying to fix what Nobody did. :confused:

I just went cross eyed..... Good luck getting a "body" to fix it.

Ebenezr
08/09/2011, 08:56 AM

Well I don't know. I replaced bank 1 sensor 1 according to this diagram the passenger side. I let a mechanic pull codes the codes again cause it didn't fix it. He said it is throwing the bank 1 sensor 1 code still and that I replaced the wrong one. He says bank1 sensor 1 is always the drivers side.....So were did you get this diagram?????

Triathlete
08/09/2011, 11:35 AM
Did you check the wires/plug also?

yellowgizmo99
08/09/2011, 11:38 AM
maybe that is the Aussie diagram and you look from the bottom up. lol.

Ebenezr
08/09/2011, 12:46 PM
maybe that is the Aussie diagram and you look from the bottom up. lol.

Hah!!:happyface

deermagnet
08/09/2011, 01:17 PM
So were did you get this diagram?????
That's from the '99 VX repair manual. The sensor is not always the problem. The sensor is sensing a problem somewhere else. I'm on all my original O2 sensors after 252,000 miles, so they are not prone to failure.

I'll look up info on that code later tonight or maybe someone else can post it sooner.

Mark

Ebenezr
08/09/2011, 01:29 PM
That's from the '99 VX repair manual. The sensor is not always the problem. The sensor is sensing a problem somewhere else. I'm on all my original O2 sensors after 252,000 miles, so they are not prone to failure.

I'll look up info on that code later tonight or maybe someone else can post it sooner.

Mark

A mechanic friend of mine just replaced the o2 sensor on the driver side. I haven't been able to drive it yet but he said the misfire is gone. (and he replaced the plugs too but said they were not fouled).

deermagnet
08/09/2011, 01:32 PM
I'm on my way out the door to go flyfishing for the evening, but I got the info in just a few minutes. I'm positive Bank 1 is the pass side. If that code comes back, here's the info-

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/imgs/vx/p1133.gif

Mark

Ebenezr
08/09/2011, 01:38 PM

sindarin
08/05/2014, 05:55 AM
Ok, so replaced Engine (THANK YOU, JLEMOND! BTW the PCV Valve is the 1 from an '04 Axiom). Both CV's, all 4 ball joints (with uppers flipped), Bearings/Races, all 4 Rotors, Calipers, New Goodell steel Brake lines and Master Cylinder (to only find out the damned vacuum booster is shot *sigh* it will wait until the interior refit) Added 919 Springs and OME shocks for a 3" lift (have no clue WHERE the torsion bar is to raise the front up)

Successfully repaired my first A/C and have a Ron Davis Radiator coming with 1156 light bulb sockets in order to build my own psgr side turn signal behind the VehiCROSS lens, and am ordering a U-Haul trailer Hitch in the short term after I put my 1500 on her @ 50-60 mph and oil change w Royal Purple oil & filter.

But the one thing killing me is replacing the O2 Sensors in my exhaust system which I'd repaired . I replaced all 4 sensors and diligently reconstructed the wiring harness to them and still get an P0134/135/155 error on my Check Engine. I went to look at said diagram and get a broken link. I think I understand BANK I is psgr side (#1 is before converter, and #2 is post?)

Anyway I will not sweat it as I am pleased as punch she runs and will begin my east bound trek across America in her tomorrow night. She sat dead for 3 years in my buddys drive and has been turning heads all up and down Colfax and throughout Denver so I can't wait to get her out into Kansas to PN, down to the Carolinas and Georgia/Florida, back thru Texas and then home again to Denver... Thanks to you all for your support, assistance, camraderie and understanding!

EDIT damned external fuse box.... Its a friggin 20a small blade fuse!