PDA

View Full Version : Weird thing happening...

Heraclid
09/26/2003, 08:54 PM
Today I hit the button to unlock the VX and all it did was beep for several seconds at me. It was a long, drawn-out, high pitch whine really. I think it is the same noise you get for leaving the lights on. So I get in and as I'm driving along the domelight comes on by itself. I turn it off. It comes on again in a minute or two. I turn it off. It comes on again... anybody have any ideas on this one?

Spike
09/26/2003, 09:20 PM
The beep thing happens also if you open the door without disarming it. Or try to arm it while the door is open. And I think I made it happen just by holding the button in too long - like a panic button.

If electronic things are acting up... I would start with testing the battery, then go from there.

Heraclid
09/26/2003, 10:06 PM
But it was not armed in the first place because I had manually locked the doors that last time I got out of it. Didn't hold the button too long, all doors were closed and locked. I checked the infamous left headlamp wiring harness for chaffing but all seemed fine. And what about the domelight?

Triathlete
09/26/2003, 11:04 PM
Sounds like a door switch or wiring. If you try to lock the doors while a door is open it makes that sound. If one of your swithes/wiring is bad it may think your door is open while it is closed.