PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Devices in the Back Seat

mdwyer
08/01/2011, 08:13 PM
Did you know that we've got an ash tray in the back seat? I didn't! That damn thing has been hiding for at LEAST three years! I found the previous owner's used brass in there!

I wonder what else hides back in that impossible to reach area...

Ldub
08/01/2011, 08:25 PM
I wonder what else hides back in that impossible to reach area...

You don't wanna know...http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFDW2w80iklCrEGOGvfvrhsQ6RtIxyh HlUvEpBoLyr8Q7KVLPZbQ

Don't EVAR remove your ctr console...your heart will break & your eyes will bleed at the sight of what's accumulated under there...:yes:

samneil2000
08/02/2011, 05:44 AM
You don't wanna know...http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFDW2w80iklCrEGOGvfvrhsQ6RtIxyh HlUvEpBoLyr8Q7KVLPZbQ

But does it have gorilly feets? :p

tom4bren
08/02/2011, 07:39 AM
Hey - I resent that monobrow comment (we call it a uni-brow though).

Scott Larson
08/02/2011, 07:49 AM
Hey, it took me almost two years before I realized that the dome light can be turned on or off by pushing it!:confused:

tom4bren
08/02/2011, 08:15 AM
Your dome light works???

mdwyer
08/02/2011, 09:18 AM
We have a dome light?!

MeowMix
08/02/2011, 10:11 AM
Hey, it took me almost two years before I realized that the dome light can be turned on or off by pushing it!:confused:

...it can?! I must test this when I get home from class today... ;Dy;

I didn't know about the backseat ashtray either; not like I spend much time back there to find it though.

And for the record, Mark showed me the seat bolsters while I was in Moab; I doubt the last people who owned my girl knew about them either, cause boy was there some nasty crap growing in there.

...I wonder what other wonders are hiding in this (still fairly new to me) rig. It's like finding eggs on easter, lol ;Dy;

Marlin
08/02/2011, 10:19 AM
It took me months to figure out how to get the cruise control to work...lol. I can't see the switch from the driver's seat since I have the steering wheel all the way up. I was whining about it not working, the wife asked if I had turned it on...duh.

samneil2000
08/02/2011, 11:14 AM
I didn't know about the backseat ashtray either; not like I spend much time back there to find it though.

uhhhh huh huh... I thought you were in college... :p
Sorry... just kidding. :bgwb:

crager34
08/02/2011, 12:54 PM
...Mark showed me the seat bolsters

What? I even did a quick internet search and still don't know what this is.

samneil2000
08/02/2011, 01:09 PM

The lower front part of the seat slides out for longer legs. Also makes for a handy cup-holder on the passenger side if not being used. Just grab the lip under the seat and pull. Beware there will likely be a lot of debris in there if it hasn't been used lately.

RickOKC
08/02/2011, 01:39 PM
Not quite the same, but here's my favorite "DOH!" moment:

After fixing the left door lock mechanism (which I had broken previously), I had everything put back together nice and tidy. Then I had to immediately remove the door panels to figure out what I had broken this time. :upsetgray Obviously I had shorted something out because the passenger window wouldn't roll down. Yep... only after removing the panels did I instantly remember the window lock button - I must have accidentally pressed it. :mbrasd:

Fortunately it's really not my fault though since... well, uh, something, something, something... :laughy:

:slap:

Ldub
08/02/2011, 02:35 PM
But does it have gorilly feets? :p

:yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/images.jpg

mdwyer
08/02/2011, 11:46 PM

Heh. That's the part of the seat that eats cell phones. I discovered that one when I read the manual cover to cover. I think it mentions the dome light, too. At the very least, I remember looking at it thinking, "I wonder why it says PUSH here?"

This thread is making me laugh. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is still discovering new things. :p

samneil2000
08/03/2011, 05:53 AM
This threat is making me laugh. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is still discovering new things. :p

So you laugh in the face of danger? Tough guy! :p

mdwyer
08/03/2011, 08:18 AM
Don't mess with me. I'm a VX-owner on the edge!

Okay, so I can't type. Is it bad that that's pretty much my job? :(

RickOKC
08/03/2011, 08:32 AM
He is M.D. Wyer -- "Danger" is his middle name.

VX KAT
08/03/2011, 08:54 AM
Not quite the same, but here's my favorite "DOH!" moment:

After fixing the left door lock mechanism (which I had broken previously), I had everything put back together nice and tidy. Then I had to immediately remove the door panels to figure out what I had broken this time. :upsetgray Obviously I had shorted something out because the passenger window wouldn't roll down. Yep... only after removing the panels did I instantly remember the window lock button - I must have accidentally pressed it. :mbrasd:

Fortunately it's really not my fault though since... well, uh, something, something, something... :laughy:

:slap:

Oh, so you think YOU'RE the biggest rocket scientist around, eh? :slap:
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15303&highlight=button+door+lock

RickOKC
08/03/2011, 10:31 AM
Oh, so you think YOU'RE the biggest rocket scientist around, eh? :slap:
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15303&highlight=button+door+lock
HA ha!!

MeowMix
08/03/2011, 09:07 PM
uhhhh huh huh... I thought you were in college... :p
Sorry... just kidding. :bgwb:

Oh, lol...walked right into that one, didn't I? I go to college yes, though I attend a private Christian university, full of good little Christian boys :angel:

...and then there's me. :evil:

But really...I'm enjoying all the fun, newly discovered features this rig has to offer; took me a good month to realize the thing has map lights in the rearview mirror, lol.

Marlin
08/04/2011, 08:14 AM
Without perusing the entire thread again, in some of the fully loaded troopers and SLXs, instead of the rear ashtray, they have a flipdown drink holder right there. It screws into the same spots as our ashtray. I have only found 3 or 4 in the last two years, one is in my truck and I sold the others. Just an interesting factoid for you.

crager34
08/05/2011, 04:15 AM
The lower front part of the seat slides out for longer legs. Also makes for a handy cup-holder on the passenger side if not being used. Just grab the lip under the seat and pull. Beware there will likely be a lot of debris in there if it hasn't been used lately.

AHH!! I knew the seat did that, just didn't know what it was called. lol

Ebenezr
08/05/2011, 12:48 PM
We have a dome light?!

Yes but how do you get the bulb in??

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC04577.JPG

:upsetgray

Marlin
08/05/2011, 01:23 PM
You better hide that bulb, they are about to become illegal...lol. Black market 60w bulbs.