PDA

View Full Version : Flyin to get a VX!!!!

Breezy
07/28/2011, 12:08 PM
I'm flying to Tennessee from Wisconsin then driving to Alabama with my dad out of Nashville tomorrow to purchase my first VX!!!!! SO HYPE!:yeso:

tom4bren
07/28/2011, 12:11 PM
Grats.

You're gonna love it.

Don't forget to keep an eye on the oil during your drive back (check at every fuel stop until you are confident that you're not burning any).

Details & pix are mandatory when you get home. Also mandatory is the stories of all the gawkers on the drive home.

VX KAT
07/28/2011, 12:23 PM
Grats.

You're gonna love it.

Don't forget to keep an eye on the oil during your drive back (check at every fuel stop until you are confident that you're not burning any).

Details & pix are mandatory when you get home. Also mandatory is the stories of all the gawkers on the drive home.

Let me re-type that for ya:

Mine only starts to consume some after 5 hrs or so of highway driving...so you must keep checking it.

And maybe take the questionnaire with ya too, in case it jogs your memory to ask about something you hadn't asked yet.

Ebenezr
07/28/2011, 01:50 PM
You lucky dog.

ibmx2
07/28/2011, 02:01 PM
Good Luck
have fun !!!!
me & my dad did it last oct.

Scott Harness
07/28/2011, 02:47 PM
Enjoy the drive!!!:yesb: Congrats!

vt_maverick
07/28/2011, 04:43 PM
Congrats - I take it you ended up with a Proton?

Ldub
07/28/2011, 05:43 PM

Then, keep checking at every fuel fill for the rest of your VX life...:yesgray:

I don't care HOW confident you may become.:_wrench:

Congrat-O's...:dance:.:dan_ban:.:dance:

don moore
07/28/2011, 06:18 PM
:LineWave::LineWave::LineWave::LineWave:
Welcome to the madness,,

Riff Raff
07/28/2011, 10:04 PM
Congrats - I take it you ended up with a Proton?

Yup, Breezy is going to buy the Proton of member "HELF" (see link below).

Congrat's Breezy!!! As mentioned, be sure to print-out VX-KAT's questionaire and take it with you for a pre-purchase on-the-spot inspection (BEFORE you hand over the cash).

Be damn sure to check for the ABS Light to fully illuminate at Pre-ignition ACC turn-key position. If functioning properly, the ABS Light should briefly illuminate for about 4 seconds and then gently fade-out (disappear). If you don't see the ABS Light illuminate at ACC turn-key, then it likely means the dash indicator bulb has been intentionally removed (not good). If the ABS Light illuminates and fails to disappear after 4 seconds and remains illuminated continously while driving then that's not good either. Fixing a faulty ABS Light symptom can be an expensive venture, so make sure it functions properly before purchase or re-negotiate price.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=20802

:bgwb:

Breezy
07/30/2011, 05:12 AM
Got her back to TN last night and I'm workin on er with my uncle today fixing some odds and ends details on it. Faulty switch in the door. Adding a Hitch. Cleaning Headlights perhaps. Replacing some bad bulbs. The flex joint it missing so I'm getting that replaced. I couldnt hear myself think driving it back from Alabama lol. Someone filled out the checklist just last year. I found it when I was searching the VIN for the VX.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/archive/index.php/t-19141.html

So Riff Raff, the ABS light does not come on. But on my flight down to Nashville to meet my dad, I met a guy who works for POLK, and apparently that company owns CARFAX. I told him why I was flying and he said he drove a VX once and loved it, so he gave me his card and said if I emailed him the VIN he'd send me the CARFAX for free =]

I forgot my memory card reader, but I'll try to get some pics up when I get er back to Wisconsin. And I got some weird looks for sure on my way home. Some people passed me and then slowed back down to look again lol. I think one guy was taking pics with his cell phone too! It was pretty hilarious.

samendalk
07/31/2011, 02:42 PM
congratulations
I flew to kansas and drove back to NC
its was an awsome trip. good luck

glenngw3
08/05/2011, 04:50 PM
I flew to Michigan and drove back to North Carolina. About 700 miles.

rowhard
08/07/2011, 04:17 AM
And I got some weird looks for sure on my way home. Some people passed me and then slowed back down to look again lol. I think one guy was taking pics with his cell phone too! It was pretty hilarious.

and that will happen everyday you drive it till the town gets use to you, but be ready for 'what the hell is it' look or question every time you stop at a store, traffic light.

enjoy and welcome to the addiction. If you like the looks of the fiber glass skid plates, look me up