PDA

View Full Version : Parts guy in Utah

djmdma02
07/24/2011, 07:29 PM
Hey,

One of the guys that I work with for my summer job recently told me about one of the few genuine Isuzu parts places located here in Utah. Apparently, the guy is out in Sandy at the National Auto Plaza, details as follows:

David Wirtanen
10790 S. State St. Sandy, UT 84070
801-307-1970
davew@napsales.com

What I am kind of curious is: Has anyone bought parts through these guys? if so, what was the experience like? and am I better off just ordering from someone else who has already been vetted through the forum?

I like the idea of having someone close by, but don't like getting screwed. :)

Thanks!

Triathlete
07/24/2011, 09:29 PM
Never dealt with them but ALL oem part from Izusu are drop shipped from one of the two warehouses. So this "local" parts guy gets his oem parts from the same place as any other dealer.

VX KAT
07/24/2011, 10:57 PM
You may already know this info, but thought I'd mention it:
For many years now, this guy has been super helpful for our VX parts and for stuff for folks on the Planet. AND like Triathlete said, he has access to all Isuzu warehouse stock. I got something last week, came out of Cincinnati.

Merlin - in the Parts Dept.
St. Charles Isuzu (well, formerly an Isuzu dealership)
MISSOURI
(800) 727-8066

Mention the forum to get discount & free shipping.

vt_maverick
07/25/2011, 11:06 AM
Never know until you ask, but I doubt you'll get a better price than through Merlin or IsuzuParts.com. But give 'em a ring the next time you need something and see what they say, you never know you might find us an even better source!

TheGanzman
07/25/2011, 06:00 PM
If there's a better guy than Merlin for VX parts, he's not on this continent - PERIOD!:winky:

Triathlete
07/25/2011, 08:35 PM
If there's a better guy than Merlin for VX parts, he's not on this continent - PERIOD!:winky:

Even if you saved a few $$ I don't think you will find the knowledge base that comes with the purchase. There are a few guys over on the 'planet with equal or better knowledge of Zu's but probably few others.:yesy:

djmdma02
07/30/2011, 06:36 PM
Fair enough, thanks for the knowledge. :)