PDA

View Full Version : creeking suspension help

vxfocus
07/19/2011, 12:35 PM
i have a creaking sound coming from the suspension(front or back..hard to tell)
its sounds like jumping up and down on a worn out bed springs.
i have replaced the front and back sawybar bushings..that didnt help.
anyone have this problem before??

Triathlete
07/19/2011, 01:02 PM
If you have been on dirt, mud etc. the rubber bushings will creak a lot. In addition to the swaybars there are bushings on both the upper and lowwer control arms, both ends of the rear links, shocks and some I am probably missing. Also there are rubber pucks on the body mounts. I fixed mine by turning the stereo up louder! :)

JAMAS
07/19/2011, 01:19 PM
Another possibility (happened to me) is loose shock connection. My bushings were actually crushed. There was some play in the shock before the shock was actually used. Replaced the bushings, tightened the bolt....good to go.

vxfocus
07/19/2011, 01:41 PM
i'll give that stuff a look,do the bushings need lubed to stop making noise?

JAMAS
07/19/2011, 01:46 PM
do the bushings need lubed to stop making noise?

Not sure which bushings you are referring to, but if they have zerk fittings, it wouldn't hurt to squirt some more grease in there.

vxfocus
07/19/2011, 01:56 PM
any that are making noise

VXorado
07/20/2011, 11:21 PM
I've had some "creeking" issues too and it was a shock bushing that needed some WD40. I recommend you have a helper sway the car back and fourth while you inspect the front end- thats how I found the noisy shock bushing.

etlsport
07/21/2011, 03:26 AM
Our ball joints are not greasable, on mine the uppers started squeaking for a while, I got a meat injector and filled it with some grease and injected it through the boots.. Problem solved

Marlin
07/21/2011, 09:49 AM
Our ball joints are not greasable, on mine the uppers started squeaking for a while, I got a meat injector and filled it with some grease and injected it through the boots.. Problem solved

Oh contrair mon frere,depends what brand ball joints you have. I only buy the ones that are greasable. Much the same as there are different Ujoint manufacturers, my new Ujoints are not greasable, supposedly lifetime of the vehicle grease...lol. But BJs on the other hand....gotta be lubeable.

The BJs I put in last year had zerk caps on them, I just had to add the actual fitting.

PittVXr
07/21/2011, 10:48 AM
I had the same problem last month. I thought it was my sway bar bushings so I gave them all a shot of grease. It didn't help any. I remembered someone posting a fix involving the hood " snubbers"

This is from Joe Black:

If you installed and lubricated the the new poly bushings properly then your squeak may be from the hood snubbers which you'll find just inboard of each headlight. They'll mate up with the round worn-looking spots just underneath the leading edge of the hood. They're rubber and are adjustable by turning as you would a screw or bolt. If they're out of adjustment that could be the cause of the squeak. Try adjusting them "up" (turn counter-clockwise") to increase pressure slightly against the hood. You can check by closing the hood and seeing how the alignment is with the fenders. If you really have to push the hood down to latch then they're much too high. After adjustment if you still hear the squeaking try putting a little dab of grease or belt dressing on top of each snubber.

Worked for me. No more bed spring squeek!