PDA

View Full Version : What about Acura ZDX?

Viatcheslav
07/14/2011, 06:00 AM
Hallo VXers!
What do you think about Acura ZDX? May be anybody have that car?
I want to bay it, i think this shoud be nice vehicle after VX.
What do you say?

Gussie2000
07/14/2011, 03:02 PM
It's a nice looking SUV.
Acura definately did a good job,however to me the best looking SUV out there is the BMW X6.

The MDX is also a nice approach.

TheGanzman
07/14/2011, 09:19 PM
My wife has had one for the last 18 months. I actually prefer it over the BMW, but each to his/her own. Bulletproof reliability, INCREDIBLY quiet inside (inside of doors and fenders are lined with foam, plus they have some kind of "noise cancelling" exhaust system that REALLY works), good fit and finish. When *I* drive it, I always put it in "Sport" mode - tightens up the shifting, steering, and suspension. It ain't no Vehicross, but it'll do!:bwgy:

Viatcheslav
07/14/2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks for your answers guys, it will be next my car after VX.

Cobrajet
07/15/2011, 01:16 PM
Just for grins I speced out the ZDX with all the options I would want - $65K. I didn't see the "2 back doors delete" option! :)

mindaugas
07/15/2011, 02:44 PM
it doesn't have enough plastic side paneling.

circmand
07/18/2011, 01:10 PM
My wife has had one for the last 18 months. I actually prefer it over the BMW, but each to his/her own. Bulletproof reliability, INCREDIBLY quiet inside (inside of doors and fenders are lined with foam, plus they have some kind of "noise cancelling" exhaust system that REALLY works), good fit and finish. When *I* drive it, I always put it in "Sport" mode - tightens up the shifting, steering, and suspension. It ain't no Vehicross, but it'll do!:bwgy:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/brand-new-clip-clarkson-vs-bmw-x6-part-i

They dont like it

mindaugas
07/18/2011, 01:55 PM
http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/bra...-bmw-x6-part-i

They dont like it

Apparently the x6 is no VX either.

VX KAT
07/18/2011, 04:09 PM
Just for grins I speced out the ZDX with all the options I would want - $65K. I didn't see the "2 back doors delete" option! :)

I like it! and it even comes in Foxfire, er, um, I mean Dark Cherry Pearl. Used to have a '91 white Legend Coupe all pimped out, (hey I lived in LA) chrome rims, lowered.....sawweeeet!!!! Always have had a sweet spot for Acuras until their designs got way too bland, this ZDX is kinda starting to turn the corner on bland.

Thought they did a pretty good job "almost" hiding those back doors in the design. Although it's 5" lower than the MDX...:_thinking...would have to think about that....and see it in person.....
I can see me driving one of them some day......hmmm.....Ganz, what color do you have? If it's one of the darker colors, I'm pretty sure you need to sell it and get a lighter color now that you live in the Valley of the Sun. :bgwo:

A blind-spot warning system? We don't need no stinkin' blind-spot warning system! We drive the car that invented the blind spot! :laugho:

Gussie2000
07/18/2011, 06:04 PM
A blind-spot warning system? We don't need no stinkin' blind-spot warning system! We drive the car that invented the blind spot! :laugho:[/quote]

:p:p:p:p:p LOL :p:p:p:p:p

We certainly do ;)

RickOKC
07/18/2011, 06:48 PM
I remember that episode of Top Gear with the BMW X6. It was fun to point & laugh when the camera crew in the Land Rover made it up the grassy hill, but the X6 sat there spinning halfway up. I thought it would have been more fun to see what it would do if it had something close to off-road tires instead of the stock performance street tires. Still, watching it slide backward down the same hill with the back tires sliding and the front tires rolling (in park with the hand brake on) was kind of disturbing.

circmand
07/19/2011, 09:06 AM
I remember that episode of Top Gear with the BMW X6. It was fun to point & laugh when the camera crew in the Land Rover made it up the grassy hill, but the X6 sat there spinning halfway up. I thought it would have been more fun to see what it would do if it had something close to off-road tires instead of the stock performance street tires. Still, watching it slide backward down the same hill with the back tires sliding and the front tires rolling (in park with the hand brake on) was kind of disturbing.

I enjoyed laughing at that too. Never watched it til a month or two ago. But they have been running marathons of it on BBC America and I beleive I have seen most of the 20 years. I wonder what their budget is?

TheGanzman
07/19/2011, 10:28 AM
I can see me driving one of them some day......hmmm.....Ganz, what color do you have? If it's one of the darker colors, I'm pretty sure you need to sell it and get a lighter color now that you live in the Valley of the Sun. :bgwo:

Well firstoff, let me reiterate - it's not MINE, it's The Boss' ZDX; it's only "mine" when it needs gas or to be washed...:(

She bought it in (boring) silver, which now that we're in the 7th Level of Hell temperature-wise, is proving to be a very good choice!:smilewink

It's certainly more "practical" than a VX, but I still prefer my VX to the ZDX; it sits up higher, has a tighter turning radius, and is more "nimble" in traffic. I remember a post someone made about the VX, that once you get used to "driving around" the blind spots, you can go through traffic like a herding dog through a flock of sheep (liberally paraphrased, due to my bad memory!)...

Marlin
07/19/2011, 11:31 AM
I am confused, isn't that thing just the typical acura rebadged honda? It looks like the crosstour to me with some minor body stuff. Who the hell pays 60K for a honda of any kind? I am not seeing how this is even in the same category as the VX?

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac115/PattyKlein/Crosstour/REAR.png

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/carspec/zdx.jpg

RickOKC
07/19/2011, 01:08 PM
I enjoyed laughing at that too. Never watched it til a month or two ago. But they have been running marathons of it on BBC America and I beleive I have seen most of the 20 years. I wonder what their budget is?Their budget has to be big considering some of the things they do in their specials! Hey, if you have Netflix streaming, they have seasons 2 through 15 available. I've never seen anything earlier than season 5 on BBC America.

circmand
07/20/2011, 05:13 AM
Their budget has to be big considering some of the things they do in their specials! Hey, if you have Netflix streaming, they have seasons 2 through 15 available. I've never seen anything earlier than season 5 on BBC America.

It may be hard to see them all but the marathons for 2 weeks and now 3 episodes a night I have seen many. Occasionally even get to see one I havent seen before. Not a Tom Cruise fan but he did awesome on star in a reasonably priced car