PDA

View Full Version : While at the dentist.

Scott Larson
07/09/2011, 06:36 PM
I was perusing the latest issue of Collectible Automobile magazine (August 2011) while waiting for seat time with the dentist and what did my wandering eyes come across? Why, it was an article on our beloved VX's in the "Cheap Wheels" column. Interesting article from the prospective buyers point of view, had some valid concerns and a few non-issues for those in-the-know. The screamin' yellow Proton on the opening page really caught my eye. I asked my friendly dispenser-of-pain if I might have the mag when he was finished with it. I can, I will and maybe I can scan it and share it. Now, I just have to figure out how to do that...:yeso:

VX KAT
07/09/2011, 10:24 PM
I was perusing the latest issue of Collectible Automobile magazine (August 2011) while waiting for seat time with the dentist and what did my wandering eyes come across? Why, it was an article on our beloved VX's in the "Cheap Wheels" column. Interesting article from the prospective buyers point of view, had some valid concerns and a few non-issues for those in-the-know. The screamin' yellow Proton on the opening page really caught my eye. I asked my friendly dispenser-of-pain if I might have the mag when he was finished with it. I can, I will and maybe I can scan it and share it. Now, I just have to figure out how to do that...:yeso:

That's the one mentioned here, I just got it and scanned tonight:

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=20726&highlight=article

Cobrajet
07/10/2011, 09:08 AM
Interesting article. I guess the factory forgot to install the "separate-opening rear window" and the "rear-window wiper" on mine!! Maybe that was to keep the weight down to "3955 pounds." At least I don't have to worry about the rear window binding. :)

Triathlete
07/10/2011, 03:33 PM
Interesting article. I guess the factory forgot to install the "separate-opening rear window" and the "rear-window wiper" on mine!! Maybe that was to keep the weight down to "3955 pounds." At least I don't have to worry about the rear window binding. :)

Funny, but I noticed the exact same thing in the article. They also make it sound like it is WAY harder to find parts currently than what it really is.:yesy:

Scott Larson
07/10/2011, 07:41 PM
Too cool Sue, you rock! Wish I'd found this before, coulda' saved ya nine bucks. It's a pretty cool mag, lots of sweet rides and such, never expected to see a VX feature. That's one of the attractions of the VX, nobody knows about 'em, as evidenced by the misinformation in the article.

mindaugas
07/15/2011, 03:19 PM
"and rear-window wiper and defroster."
Where's my rear window wiper?

Scott Larson
07/15/2011, 06:46 PM
Wait a minute, you guys didn't get that option? I did!! :bgwo: