PDA

View Full Version : Relay keeps clicking and will not stop.

loco6464
09/24/2003, 06:38 AM
Hi guys I just thought I would ask even though I think it to be a bad relay. I was driving this morning and all of the sudden I heard a relay clicking non stop. I did notice when I turn on the turn signals the clicking goes from fast to a normal relay click for the signal so that tells me its the turn signal relay ( I would think ). So not only am I waiting to try to have my pass side leak fixed by the dealer ( who thinks its a door gasket and not the famous firewall thing ) but now I have a mad clicking relay.

Thanks
:confused:

VehiX
09/24/2003, 07:00 AM
I'm not sure about the VX as this has not happened to me yet but some relays in cars/trucks click faster or slower if you have blown bulb.

Make sure all of your lights work including your directionals.

loco6464
09/24/2003, 07:36 AM
Do you think it would click non stop even if I didnt have the turn signals on or hazard lights? It just clicks non stop as soon as you start it.

Jay Dunford
09/24/2003, 07:58 AM
I had this happen a couple of years ago. It was on the way to work and I planned to dig into it during lunch, but when I went out 4 hours later and started it up the relay was back to normal. Hasn't happened again and I never did find a cause.

loco6464
09/24/2003, 08:04 AM
well I hope when I go out after work that I have the same luck as you did Jay.

Thanks for the info.
:thumbup:

loco6464
09/25/2003, 06:22 AM
Well it went away just like you said. Thanks for the info guys.

:)