PDA

View Full Version : License Plate Bolt Size

Child's Play
06/25/2011, 04:37 AM
This may sound like a crazy question, but finally received my VX and it did not have any Rear License Plate Bolts installed. I have went to O-Reilly's and purchased every type of license plate bolt that they have to no avail. Anyone have the size or a part number for the rear license plate bolt?

Thanks,

CP

Mark B
06/25/2011, 05:55 AM
I had the same problem. Luck I have a Isuzu rodeo sport. I took a license plate bolt from the sport to ACE Hardware and matched it up. Sorry, could not tell you the specifications.

deermagnet
06/25/2011, 06:35 AM
M6x1.0x20
I used a pan head screw. A little shorter than 20mm would work also.

Mark Griffin

VX KAT
06/25/2011, 05:21 PM
I tried many too before I found a fit. Ended up using these black nylon ones 6mm x 20mm (same as Mark's sizing). Got them at either AutoZone of Checkers/O'Reillys.....I think it was AutoZone.
If you need these just shout, they're an extra set of 4 I bought once I found that they fit.

Pics won't let me attach my new pic for some reason, so you can see it on the home page pics, yellow package.

Child's Play
06/25/2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks everyone!!!! I'll try to procure that size.

Kat,
If I don't have any luck, I'll send you a PM.

Thanks again,

CP

deermagnet
06/25/2011, 07:35 PM
Forget the auto parts stores. Go to Home Depot or Lowe's or any hardware store. They'll have tons of 'em with four or five head styles to choose from.

Mark