PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Collins

anyad2002
06/24/2011, 09:53 PM
I'm in the market for a VX and wondering if it would be worth my while to fly into Denver (southwest has great fares right now from Tucson) have a friend drive me to Ft. Collins to take a look at Detail Driven Auto's inventory of VX's? Any input would be appreciated.

thanks,
anyad

RabidPony
06/24/2011, 10:08 PM
I vote a wholehearted yes. :yeso:

VX KAT
06/24/2011, 11:29 PM
Two members have already bought one from Richard in the past few months. Maybe contact them for more input. "Surf-life" and "Ron"
So far, we've only heard positive comments. Good luck.

If you do get one there and drive home, give me a shout on the way back since you'll pass right by me. I could meet you at the junction of I-17 and 69.

Grif
06/24/2011, 11:32 PM
DDA has a good reputation for selling clean VX'en at reasonable dealer prices IMHO.

That being said, if you want to travel to Denver, buy a decent VX at dealer price, and travel back or ship it back, well that's up to you.

I can say that the Arizona contingent of VX owners is fairly large and unless you MUST HAVE one immediately, then the end cost would not make economic sense. Find one locally.

Richard at Detailed Driven Autos does collect decent VX's, and spends time and money finding them, shipping them to his lot, detailing them, fixing issues and marketing them. I think that's indisputable.

The question is how much of that process are you willing to pay for? I don't think anyone here can answer that for you.

VX KAT
06/24/2011, 11:43 PM
That being said, if you want to travel to Denver, buy a decent VX at dealer price, and travel back or ship it back, well that's up to you.

I can say that the Arizona contingent of VX owners is fairly large and unless you MUST HAVE one immediately, then the end cost would not make economic sense. Find one locally.

Honestly, they don't pop up around these parts for sale all that often. Can think of that Dragon in February in Scottsdale.....and....:_thinking.....and Larry somebody's Proton with the painted hood insert 12/09....and....:_thinking......that Ebony with super low miles that sold for something like $17k about 18 months ago.....the lifted Proton at a dealership in Scottsdale about a year ago.......so I'd say there's about 2-3 per year, tops.

IMHO, I think it would be great to fly to Denver (cheap airfare), and drive back...about 15 hr drive roughly....could make one night stop over to break it up.......and get away from the 110 degree temps for a few days!

anyad2002
06/25/2011, 05:37 AM
Thank you so much for your rapid replies.
The other bonus is Denver is much cooler than Tucson and I get to visit a long-time friend. Just as an FYI the one-way fare from Tucson to Denver is $78...can't beat that with a stick :-)

~anyad

anyad2002
06/25/2011, 05:46 AM
Just bought my ticket and will be heading to CO. July 2nd...hoping that I don't have to fly back (but I did purchase a round-trip airfare just in case), and will be driving a VX back to Tucson. The drive through Taos and Santa Fe is lovely; may detour and route back through Flagstaff and Sedona. Any additional input would be great.

thanks,
anyad

anyad2002
06/25/2011, 05:49 AM
I have sent an inquiry to Detail Driven Autos and waiting for a reply...

~anyad

VX KAT
06/25/2011, 07:48 AM
I have sent an inquiry to Detail Driven Autos and waiting for a reply...

~anyad

Call Richard by phone, he always lists his #.

And give a shout if you're at I-17 & 69.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get a beauty! :thumbup:

Triathlete
06/25/2011, 02:30 PM
Hehe hehe hehe...you said 69!

*Yes, I used to watch Beavis and Butthead.

VX KAT
06/25/2011, 04:27 PM
Hehe hehe hehe...you said 69!

*Yes, I used to watch Beavis and Butthead.

:rollo:....iy yi yi!

mdwyer
06/27/2011, 08:27 AM
Just bought my ticket and will be heading to CO. July 2nd...hoping that I don't have to fly back (but I did purchase a round-trip airfare just in case), and will be driving a VX back to Tucson.

Sorry I didn't get to you earlier, but you can sometimes fly into the Fort Collins/Loveland airport for a whole lot cheaper. In the grand scheme of things, it only saves you an hour in time, though.

Note that DDA hosted a Colorado meet-up a few weeks back. I didn't make it up, but I know a couple of the Colorado members did. They might have had eyes on your VX, or even driven it already. I can say that I was just looking at their inventory yesterday, and I was pondering if I needed a second one...

circmand
06/27/2011, 12:58 PM
Honestly, they don't pop up around these parts for sale all that often. Can think of that Dragon in February in Scottsdale.....and....:_thinking.....and Larry somebody's Proton with the painted hood insert 12/09....and....:_thinking......that Ebony with super low miles that sold for something like $17k about 18 months ago.....the lifted Proton at a dealership in Scottsdale about a year ago.......so I'd say there's about 2-3 per year, tops.

IMHO, I think it would be great to fly to Denver (cheap airfare), and drive back...about 15 hr drive roughly....could make one night stop over to break it up.......and get away from the 110 degree temps for a few days!

That had a customized paint job. Didnt like it when I questioned the resell value based on it.

VXorado
06/28/2011, 03:34 AM
I went to the meet in Fort Collins & saw Richard's shop. He has some nice VXs including a really clean Firefox with low miles & aftermarket upgrades. You shouldn't have any problem finding something you like at his shop. Good luck

mindaugas
06/28/2011, 02:36 PM
The Foxfire looks great. I just spotted it on CL again.

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2458701576.html

Even if he does mispell Foxfire and list the motor as a 4 cylinder V-6. :P

anyad2002
06/28/2011, 04:18 PM
Thank you for the continued input! It is greatly appreciated.

~deanna

anyad2002
06/29/2011, 06:34 AM
Well my trip to Ft. Collins has been changed to August 4th -8th: my friends in Denver will be gone for the 4th of July weekend. Hoping that Foxfire is still around!

yellowgizmo99
06/29/2011, 09:18 AM
You could always talk to Richard and leave a deposit, he may hold it for you.

MSHardeman
06/29/2011, 10:41 AM
Do I hear another Colorado VX meet starting to happen?:dance:

VXorado
06/29/2011, 02:31 PM
Well my trip to Ft. Collins has been changed to August 4th -8th: my friends in Denver will be gone for the 4th of July weekend. Hoping that Foxfire is still around!

The Foxfire that mindaugas posted is nice especially if you want the offroad perks of bigger tires & the lift.

The Ebony that Richard has is really clean, low miles, and worth checking out too- its actually what I was thinking of in my previous post for $12,900. I would love to buy it for my wife if it was cheaper & I had a bigger garage :winky:.

http://cimages2.carsforsale.com/333254/0FF7F5FB-D3FA-499C-BCAD-D9B8EDD1E712_1.jpg

VXorado
06/29/2011, 02:38 PM
Do I hear another Colorado VX meet starting to happen?:dance:

:rotate: Followed by a Colorado Colors Meet shortly after....

Triathlete
06/29/2011, 05:24 PM
And when you get it back to Tucson maybe a little meet and greet!
Also, will be racing this Sunday (6/3) at the UofA (Hillibrand) if you want to take a peek at mine up close and personal...just don't expect it to be all clean and purdee (it's still sporting Moab red dirt). ;)

VX KAT
06/29/2011, 05:27 PM
..just don't expect it to be all clean and purdee (it's still sporting Moab red dirt). ;)
yeah, from '07 and '08 and '09 and '10....and............:p

pbkid
07/01/2011, 04:47 PM
:rotate: Followed by a Colorado Colors Meet shortly after....

Now your talkin!!! :thumbup:

Triathlete
07/01/2011, 04:51 PM
yeah, from '07 and '08 and '09 and '10....and............:p

I'm pretty sure there is none from 07 or 08...I wasn't there those years!:rotate:

Scott Larson
07/01/2011, 05:04 PM
By all accounts, Richard seems to be a "Righteous Dude". (Sorry, couldn't help the Ferris Bueller analogy!) Best of luck finding your perfect VX and do keep us posted.:bgwo:

frankd14321
08/08/2011, 07:24 AM
Just got ours from Richard, he is great!

frankd14321
08/08/2011, 07:26 AM
The Foxfire that mindaugas posted is nice especially if you want the offroad perks of bigger tires & the lift.

The Ebony that Richard has is really clean, low miles, and worth checking out too- its actually what I was thinking of in my previous post for $12,900. I would love to buy it for my wife if it was cheaper & I had a bigger garage :winky:.

http://cimages2.carsforsale.com/333254/0FF7F5FB-D3FA-499C-BCAD-D9B8EDD1E712_1.jpg

HAHA that's ours!! We bought it.