PDA

View Full Version : Transmission fluid leaking

Exclamation
06/06/2011, 07:10 PM
So today I went out to my Vcross and checked under it same as I do every day I drive, and there were two spots of fluid on the driveway. So I pulled the VX back and looked at the spots and sure enough its transmission fluid, so I took a peek under the vx and noticed its dripping off of a pan of some sort. But I do not know where its coming from because it could be just dripping onto the pan from above and thats where its collecting.

When I picked the vx up from the shop after getting a CV boot replaced about 2 weeks ago, they said that while they were under the car they noticed a little bit of residue that resembled transmission fluid and for me too keep an eye on it and make sure it didnt start dripping in the driveway or anything. So I guess im gonna have to take it back to the shop this week and find out what the problem is.

*sigh* owned my VX for 6 months and ive only driven it for 4 weeks because of being in the shop twice and now its going back for a third time.

Ldub
06/07/2011, 07:13 AM
When I picked the vx up from the shop after getting a CV boot replaced about 2 weeks ago, they said that while they were under the car they noticed a little bit of residue that resembled transmission fluid and for me too keep an eye on it and make sure it didnt start dripping in the driveway or anything. So I guess im gonna have to take it back to the shop this week and find out what the problem is.

Pardon my skepticism, but...

These wrench guys aren't the type that would remove a pan bolt, then tell you to watch for leaks...to improve business, are they? :naughty:

Just a thought.
I hope they are well known & trusted by you.

Y33TREKker
06/07/2011, 07:25 AM
Pardon my skepticism, but...

These wrench guys aren't the type that would remove a pan bolt, then tell you to watch for leaks...to improve business, are they? :naughty:

Just a thought.
I hope they are well known & trusted by you.
X2

And there have been times when unscrupulous shop workers have been recorded on videotape "creating" a leak by simply carrying a small squirt bottle with them full of oil/antifreeze/whatever, so it is possible.

Scott Larson
06/07/2011, 09:46 AM
And Then...

It could be that it really is a developing leak. The trans pan on my VX started showing the dreaded fluid residue and sure enough, in about a week or so it was leaving a spot on the garage floor. I climbed under and gave all the pan bolts a snug-up and that solved that little problem. Give it a go and see if that solves your leak. Good luck!!;)

Exclamation
06/07/2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks for your input all and they are a trusted shop by me and I had seen the residue before I took it in.

nfpgasmask
06/07/2011, 11:15 AM
My VX has been leaking tranny fluid for over a year now. I have changed the pan gasket 3 times, and selector shaft seal as well. It still leaks. I think I could possibly be leaking from the pan still, but I am going to take my VX into a shop finally and hopefully get this problem fixed once and for all.

I never thought of the transmission cooling lines possibly leaking. I'm going to have to look at this in the manual and see if this could be where my leak is coming from.

The back of the main pan and the bottom of the mode switch sheild is where I see constant tranny fluid drips.

So where are the cooling lines connected? Are they on top of the tranny somewhere?

Bart

Exclamation
06/07/2011, 12:39 PM
My cooling lines were supposedly replaced in december by the dealership I purchased the VX from. I wonder if they may have done something wrong? or maybe left the cracked lines there and just taped them up or something shady like that.