PDA

View Full Version : advice on a car show

Junster
06/03/2011, 06:02 PM
Ok I signed up for this car show a month ago thinking it would be a little local deal. Now I'm told it's huge and the weather tomorrow is going to be great which will make it even bigger. I been sweating detailing all day, I'm posting a pic with my jetski on the hitch. My question is do you think I should take it Jetski and all -or- just my VX?

Osteomata
06/03/2011, 06:10 PM
I say no jetski. I would give a different answer if you had some sort of perfectly coordinated paint job between the VX, the trailer, and the ski, but lacking that it doesnt add, but rather detracts.

RickOKC
06/03/2011, 06:15 PM
I agree with Osteomata. :yesgray:

IndianaVX
06/03/2011, 06:24 PM
Without .... And don't forget to spray your wheelwells with armorall! Makes it all nice and dark in there, and looks gooder!

Junster
06/03/2011, 06:39 PM
Okay well hope to get a couple more opinions but so far no ski. Oh I am looking into getting the gold on the jetski painted to match the Dragon Green. But not by tomorrow. LOL

rsteinmetz70112
06/03/2011, 08:31 PM
Never having been in a car show my advice is don't sweat it, have a good time and enjoy yourself.

Don't get stressed.

nocturnalVX
06/03/2011, 08:46 PM
I agree with the others. Ditch the trailer until you color match it all (even then maybe). Most of all... have fun!

rowhard
06/03/2011, 11:28 PM
I see your just down the road, is it a local show? As far as the jet ski, I don't know. I remember Totallto showed up at a car show I invited him to with a very nice bike on the roof, looked pretty cool. It's your call. Send me a PM or email about the show, maybe take a drive down with my Dragon.

Cobrajet
06/04/2011, 07:20 AM
I've attended many car shows, and usually there is very little rooms for cars, let alone a jetski on a trailer. The devil is in the details! Clean, clean, clean. (Unless your going for the muddy off-roader look!) I personally don't like the overly shiny/greasy tires and trim, but do like the dark matte finish provided by some products (303 for instance.) Good luck, and have fun!

wekilled
06/04/2011, 10:44 PM
My only advice for a car show is go to enjoy it. I have been in a few car shows where I get "Thats ugly. WTF is that thing?" (ie. they don't even know what it is before the mouth opens) Generally from the senior citizen hot rod crowd. They tend to be a-holes. ( Ironic because I like hot rods, chop tops, etc. myself)

tom4bren
06/06/2011, 01:58 AM
JUNSTER,

I get lots of comments when I have the SeaDoos behind the VX but I've never entered the combo in a car show. Mine are color coordinated (except the trailer which is galvanized).

Check with the car show host to see if there will be room to bring the ski. If there is, go fer it ... just be prepared for lotsa comments similar to what you got here (about color coordinating).