PDA

View Full Version : re: Parts listing for Japanese Vx

ameetw
09/22/2003, 07:49 AM
Excellent source for info....
I've already downloaded the parts listing to the US version of the Vx. Anyone has the English version of the parts listing for the Japanese Vx? 3.2L version?
Any help would be great.
Thanks.

David Wiltshire
09/22/2003, 08:16 AM
I have made several requests to individuals who use this site for any information they may have or be able to get. So far I'm afraid there is little info apart from the parts I have been able to cross reference from the Trooper SWB 3.2.
So far I can source the following in the U.K.
Brake pads and disks, oil filter, air filter.
I am trying to get info on wheel bearings just in case there is a difference between the U.S. model and the Japanese one.
Otherwise I get most other common parts from the U.S. mail order

dutchie
09/22/2003, 08:26 AM
Sorry Dave, I had to go back to Holland for a Family emergency, tomorrow I have to pass by Isuzu, I`ll ask for the info.

David Wiltshire
09/22/2003, 02:29 PM
Hi dutchie,
Thanks for the reply, my posting did read rather critical which was not my intention and I hope no offence was felt.
Look forward to any tech info that will help fellow U.K. owners.
Meanwhile lenny needs some info on the display unit.

ameetw
09/22/2003, 04:30 PM
I've tried contacting the Malaysia Isuzu, but no luck. I've also contacted my sis who is a doctor in the UK, hopefully she can get the book for me. This info is banned in Malaysia, They don't want the regular people th know the part no. so that we can't buy the imitation version I guess :).

Thanks.

David Wiltshire
09/23/2003, 01:03 PM
Hi,
I not sure if your sister will have any luck in the U.K. because International Motors are the main importer of Isuzus and they refuse to recognise the VX in fact I have politely contacted them on several occasions and come to the conclusion they are very very unhelpful in fact I have such a bee in my bonnet about thier attitude that I am compiling a list of parts which are not manufactured by Isuzu in a feeble attempt to boycott Isuzu products in the U.K. So if you need brake components check out the EBC website, oil and air filters are made by a number of other manufacturers I think the exhaust made by Tone Monday will probably fit the Japanesse spec models. I think sam here in the U.K. has a manual but it is of course in Japanesse. Hope this helpsif you need the cross reference numbers for the filters I can e-mail you them.
Best regards
David Wiltshire

ameetw
09/26/2003, 12:35 AM
I've just got news that the Kota Kinabalu, Isuzu in Malaysia has a copy for sale, it's about USD $100, I think i'll just buy it, and see how it goes.
Wow... Malaysia surprised me... :)

David Wiltshire
09/26/2003, 01:45 AM
Thats good news, I would be interested in getting a copy myself let me know if you think its any good

ameetw
10/18/2003, 08:28 AM
Well the book arrived today.... It's all in Japanese...:( oh well at least the part number is in... i guess numbers!! By the way as in Malaysia style... it's not the original version.... it's the genuine original copy!... but I have to say pretty good work.... If you guys need a look at it.. e-mail me... I still don't know how to upload pics yet.

Have a good one....

David Wiltshire
10/19/2003, 03:08 AM
Hi,
A guy who works for me has a pupil who is Japanese, I asked if she could translate some of the display wording on the sat. nav. and the labels inside the engine compartment. If you find any parts of the manual that look like they relate to something important do send it to me and I will get it translated.

ameetw
01/07/2004, 06:20 AM
Hi David,
What's your E-mail, If your pupil is still there and don't mind translating, I'm thinking of E-mailing you a few pages at a time. Once translated, I'll E-mail you more.
It's a long process, but that's what New Years res are for, right!!?

Let me know if you are still interested. Oh yeah, what format do you prefer (jpg,gif,bmp??) and what resolution. ( easy to print out for yourself )

Thanks

Ameet

David Wiltshire
01/08/2004, 09:19 AM
Hi Ameetw
Not sure but send some over you will find my e-mai; address in the members listing
Best regards
David Wiltshire