Frontera B 3.2 Alternator belt , idler

cheers
Steve

voyeur
05/22/2011, 01:43 PM
Nice one....!!!!

Impi
05/30/2011, 01:42 PM
You guys in the UK have plenty of Troopers. The equivalent Trooper parts you mentioned should all be direct replacements for the VX.

Greasemonkey
06/03/2011, 09:29 PM
Hi its difficult - the Vehicross seems to have a mix of parts from the troopers and fronteras - by cross referencing the US part numbers its quite easy to identify which parts will or won't fit -
However - there are some parts which do fit which shouldn't - thats why i posted these bits -
i.e. the 3.2 trooper cambelt doesn't fit - but the frontera 3.2 belt does
its always better to ask me if you are stuck for bits in the UK - rather than waste money
cheers
Steve

Paul_A
08/03/2011, 06:20 AM
The intake manifold gaskets have gone on mine! I got some for the 3.2 frontera which I'm fairly sure are right. Anyone confirm that please before I start ripping it to bits? Thanks!

Oh.... frontera b wing mirrors are identical if anyone's bust one!

Add to that.. Wheel Bearings are the same as Frontera B
Throttle position sensor same as 3.2 Frontera
Brake Calipers are the same as Frontera B
IAC valve is the Same as Frontera 3.2

Not 100% sure but the radiator looks identical to Frontera 3.2

Greasemonkey
08/07/2011, 05:55 AM
Yes front calipers are the same but hubs are not - the studs are a different size front and rear too with the VX ones being thicker -
regards
Steve

Bighorn
05/22/2012, 04:23 AM
Hi, My first posting here. I don't have a VX unfortunately but am the owner of a 1997 isuzu bighorn 3.2 v6 Automatic with TOD. I have tried searching and asking questions in the appropriate forums but I'm getting nowhere.

The transmission on my car is dead - Can I replace my gearbox with a 3.2 v6 non TOD version & if so would I lose the TOD?

Please help. Thanks in advance for any info I receive.

edhubble
06/13/2016, 10:23 AM
Hi its difficult - the Vehicross seems to have a mix of parts from the troopers and fronteras - by cross referencing the US part numbers its quite easy to identify which parts will or won't fit -
However - there are some parts which do fit which shouldn't - thats why i posted these bits -
i.e. the 3.2 trooper cambelt doesn't fit - but the frontera 3.2 belt does
its always better to ask me if you are stuck for bits in the UK - rather than waste money
cheers
Steve

Hi Steve - I'm glad I read your post as I was about to have a trooper belt fitted on my VX (or so I thought!) good to know the frontera is the one to get. But turns out problem is much worse as I have a big end gone. Would you know where to source big end shells for a Vehicross? I mean, Trooper or Frontera, if it matters? My mechanism has never seen a VX and is pretty much letting me find the parts for the job. Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers,
Perry

PK
06/13/2016, 05:58 PM
Hi Perry,
check ebay for the big end shells. There are normally several listed - not sure about the quality.

However, I have to ask if your mechanic has pulled the old shells out and inspected the crankshaft. These engines have a habit of running low on oil and starving No. 1 big end. When this happens it normally results in crankshaft damage, and that normally means you are looking at replacement engines rather than repair.

I hope that is not the case for you, but thought you should at least be aware of it.

PK