PDA

View Full Version : Any know where to get speed sensor for transfer case cheap

00BlackVX
05/18/2011, 08:27 PM
I took my wife 2000 vehicross to the dealership yesterday because the check light on the TOD came on. They diagnosed it as both of the speed sensors on the transfer case. The sensors are $410 ea + 5hrs labor $1400 total.

Thanks for any help you can provide
Robert

Grif
05/18/2011, 08:39 PM
Ouch!

Might want to look at this thread: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18234&highlight=vehicross+speed+sensor+woes

00BlackVX
05/19/2011, 08:24 AM
thanks I already tried there I just have not gotten a response

atilla_the_fun
05/19/2011, 08:53 AM
It seems like it would be cheaper to find a transfercase on ebay with the sensors attached and replace them from there. Look for trooper/rodeo/axiom transfer cases and see if the part numbers on the speed sensors match, maybe call Merlin at St. Charles isuzu and ask if you can use the trooper/rodeo/axiom ones on the VX? Those sensors going bad seems like a once in a lifetime deal

What does the 5 hour labor entail?

RICHARD PAYNE
05/19/2011, 09:05 AM
It seems like it would be cheaper to find a transfercase on ebay with the sensors attached and replace them from there. Look for trooper/rodeo/axiom transfer cases and see if the part numbers on the speed sensors match, maybe call Merlin at St. Charles isuzu and ask if you can use the trooper/rodeo/axiom ones on the VX? Those sensors going bad seems like a once in a lifetime deal

What does the 5 hour labor entail?

Welcome to my world and some people think we ask too much? See what you have to pay for one little item. I suggest just purchase from any salvage VX. If we has we would sell to you but we have decided to bring our parts one back from the grave.