PDA

View Full Version : Highway overdrive

Axelivan
05/08/2011, 07:50 AM
What could it be that my Vx is playing with the overdrive in the Highway? Engage, disengage after the 50mph and so on and on. No mod's done to my Vx's, it's stock. I do have problem with with engine light because of the EGR valve. Try everything, but that's another story. Could it be related one problem with this new one? Also my Vx's didn't pass the emission's test. Seem I have a big list. Any comment is very welcome guys:yesgray:

Ldub
05/08/2011, 08:01 AM
I've found that the trans will hold (not shift down) OD longer when NOT operating in the power mode.

I've tested this theory in conditions of headwind & uphill, & it's always the same.

With the power mode button NOT depressed, OD stays on longer.

VXR
05/08/2011, 08:54 AM

X2:yesb:

Y33TREKker
05/08/2011, 12:09 PM
How does your trans fluid level check? Not enough fluid can make for some valve-body actuations in an automatic transmission.

tom4bren
05/10/2011, 04:20 AM
I've found that the trans will hold (not shift down) OD longer when NOT operating in the power mode.

I've tested this theory in conditions of headwind & uphill, & it's always the same.

Ain't that what the power mode is all about ... makes it easier to kick down to a lower gear???