PDA

View Full Version : Help FPR

RAZ
05/04/2011, 11:18 AM
I was changing the FPR and finaly got it in. But as I was messing with the back bolt on the guard I some how lost the vacum hose that goes on it. Cant see behind engine very well does anyone know where it comes from so I can find it and the end that goes back on the FPR?

RAZ
05/04/2011, 12:55 PM
Still cant find it does anyone know where it starts at so I can trace it back?

Ldub
05/04/2011, 03:06 PM
LOOK UP...there's a vacuum hose routing diagram...:smilewink

Though it may be of little help, since it appears to be a nipple on the back side of the intake plenum. (common chamber)...:_wrench:

:luck:

Bob Barker
05/04/2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah should be a vacuum tree on the intake that the other end is connected to. At least that's the more common placement. If you reach some lines but can't see where they go give a very slight tug, don't want to pull one off of something else and then have to try and trace it back!!!

RAZ
05/04/2011, 05:17 PM
I found where it goes behind the intake and got a new one. Never did find the old one, looked for over an hour. Not even a piece left on the nipple must have been dry rotted.

Bob Barker
05/04/2011, 06:59 PM
If the hose was missing from rot or anything else your truck would have a pretty large vacuum leak. If you changed out the FPR in reaction to any driving issues it may have been a waste as the vacuum leak would cause your truck to run like complete crap. Hope that wasn't the case!