PDA

View Full Version : needs motor or rebuilt kit

codyman3487
04/13/2011, 08:49 AM
so i discovered i have a slight motor knock and need to rebuild my motor but cant find anything for it r there any websites or anyone that has a motor or knows how i can find my problem please help i need to keep my VX on the road... thanks hope to hear back from yous

Ebenezr
04/13/2011, 09:08 AM
You need a diagnosis first. Then the furom has a wealth of info. Is the motor still running and just tapping or is it exceptionally rough as well - without power. ???

Triathlete
04/13/2011, 09:41 AM
Also, where is the tapping coming from...front, rear, drivers side, pass. side?

VX KAT
04/13/2011, 10:33 AM
Here's a remanufactured 3.2 liter, which I've read on the forum is a direct fit for ours. $2,000 + $200 shipping.
Somebody on here just installed one recently. Do a search, probably can find it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120711279281&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123#ht_3061wt_683

Gussie2000
04/13/2011, 01:18 PM
so i discovered i have a slight motor knock and need to rebuild my motor but cant find anything for it r there any websites or anyone that has a motor or knows how i can find my problem please help i need to keep my VX on the road... thanks hope to hear back from yous

The rebuilt is the cheapest way to go,unless the engine's long or short block has a crack you should be able to go ahead & rebuilt it.

My engine has a slight knocking close to what a small diesel engine sounds like,never had any issues since i bought it with 38k on the odo,now it have 73k and running strong as ever.

Figured out 1rst what is the source of the knocking you are talking about and then you can share it with us.

etlsport
04/13/2011, 01:57 PM
The rebuilt is the cheapest way to go,unless the engine's long or short block has a crack you should be able to go ahead & rebuilt it.

My engine has a slight knocking close to what a small diesel engine sounds like,never had any issues since i bought it with 38k on the odo,now it have 73k and running strong as ever.

Figured out 1rst what is the source of the knocking you are talking about and then you can share it with us.

gustavo, did you check your egr valve? there is a nut on the bottom of it, i beleive its a 22mm, if that works its way loose you will get that diesel sound, its a very easy fix

Gussie2000
04/13/2011, 02:26 PM
gustavo, did you check your egr valve? there is a nut on the bottom of it, i beleive its a 22mm, if that works its way loose you will get that diesel sound, its a very easy fix

Yes eric i did check that EGR valve nut you're talking about.

It seems to be a valve that's not fully opening/closing as it should.

The mech told me it's a issue that our 3.5L is prone to suffer due its direct attack valvetrain design.

I recall during my last oil change the shop had a 2004 rodeo with the direct injection system same as the axiom.The rodeo had the same ticking noise

Anyways,my engine runs strong as new,no probs whatsoever. :)

rowhard
04/13/2011, 06:36 PM
Here's a short block, brand new for $1500.00. Tempting to buy and store it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU-TROOPER-AXIOM-ENGINE-3-5-NEW-SHORT-BLOCK-6VE1-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aVehiCROSSQQhashZit em4cf5d239f1QQitemZ330541709809QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5 fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

rsteinmetz70112
04/13/2011, 07:16 PM
It says they have Three of them.

codyman3487
04/13/2011, 07:37 PM
i have 110000 miles on it and the knocking i have is only at a high rpm not at idle its comin from the bottom drive side of the motor. and it does sound like a diesel motor i need the cheapest way of fixing it

Gussie2000
04/13/2011, 08:24 PM
i have 110000 miles on it and the knocking i have is only at a high rpm not at idle its comin from the bottom drive side of the motor. and it does sound like a diesel motor i need the cheapest way of fixing it

There's only one way to get rid of that issue....

Tearing down the engine and replace what ever is causing the diesel sound.

Now is time to shop around for find the best deal.

MSHardeman
04/14/2011, 08:01 AM
Did anyone mention that it might be the timing belt tensioner yet? I haven't had this issue, but there are a couple of threads around here, somewhere, describing a ticking sound that turned out to be just a bad timing belt tensioner. Only way to check that is to pull the timing belt covers off and check the tension, or lack thereof, of the belt.

Junster
04/14/2011, 08:43 AM
Yes esp. if the sound is only at high speed. Timing belt or more likely one of the idler pulleys. Maybe one of the valve spacers. It could be a exhaust pipe hitting something. Get a 3' piece of 1/2" wooden dowel. With your rig running just put the end of the stick in a spot on the motor then put your ear to the other end. If you've never done this you'll be amazed how clearly you can hear localized stuff in any area of the engine this way. Almost always if it's internal the sound is there at an idle too. It's just quieter.

codyman3487
04/14/2011, 09:41 AM
thanks for your help im getting checked out this weekend ill let you all kno what happen or what the problem is... im really thinking about just pulling the motor and gettting it rebulit we will see what happens