PDA

View Full Version : Question on selling mine

nyc #1 ironman
09/17/2003, 01:16 PM
Hey guys,
If anyone has time can they go to my mods page and photo gallery and let me know what they feel I can get retail for my VX? It has 45k and rims were 3 grand. Just approx if you can... thanks,,,

AlaskaVX
09/17/2003, 01:35 PM
My guesstimate would be 15,000 but if you find the right person maybe 17,500 or 18,000

fishhookmaui
09/17/2003, 02:02 PM
That's one fine VX.My guess is that you may be able to sell that for close to 20k even w/ the above mileage .With all the nice accessories you have,why not ...If and when you ever part w/ your beloved VX,I would like to be the 1st person to have dib on that chrome mirror cover..

Anita
09/17/2003, 02:03 PM
George no!

That is one beautiful ride.

fishhookmaui
09/17/2003, 02:04 PM
I forgot to say please.:winkp:

Bantan
09/17/2003, 02:12 PM
George, I know you playin around.
Right:confused:

VehiX
09/17/2003, 04:13 PM
Don't forget, mods DO NOT raise the price of a vehicle!

It may be worth it to you and someone one in love with your VX that really wants to buy it but do not expect someone to pay a dime more for a vehicle just because it has nice mods.

:)

Don't sell it man! What are you thinking, especially living in New York with winter right around the corner!!! Brrrrrr ;eeky;

fishhookmaui
09/17/2003, 04:23 PM
VehiX,you are absolutely correct,but I for one would not overlook the amount of effort put forth in making the VX better aesthetically or mechanically.Take the beautiful rims he placed in there as an example,mucho dinero.

Dallas4u
09/17/2003, 04:52 PM
I would say, what something is worth is only what it is worth to you... the buyer.

WyrreJ
09/17/2003, 05:41 PM
Dallas is right. For the right buyer, like one who would mod it himself, then pre-installed mods do raise the value. But the majority of people would never dream of modding their car and thus look upon them as major red flag, a sign that the car may have been abused.

So, if you can afford to wait for just the right buyer, then selling the car with mods can make sense. But if you need to move it any time soon, you are almost always better off restoring to stock and selling the mods off seperately. Sad but true, this applies to all cars, not just VXs.

Heraclid
09/17/2003, 05:51 PM
Not everyone's cup of tea, but it is for some and it has obviously been affectionately taken care of. Don't think you'll have any problems if it is mechanically sound. But I have hear dof them sitting on lots for months too, although I can't imagine why. I know mine sat there a week before I made my move, and I was amazed it wasn't gone before then. Weird. Just not for everyone, but for those of us who love them... and I'm sure there is someone out there who is crazy about them and wanting one like yours real bad.

nyc #1 ironman
09/17/2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks for all your insights. I have my eye on this sweet Mercedes CLK 430 with AMG package. It's a tough decision though. Someone mentioned selling the mods which is cool but then who knows how much i'll get for just a stock 99.

VehiX
09/17/2003, 09:19 PM
I just wanted to chime in again and point out that by all means I was not implying his VX doesn't look good or that the rims didn't cost $$$

I was just stating that it doesn't always raise the value when a vehicle has mods.

I was thinking the same thing most of you are, to someone out there, a modded VX is priceless and some folks may just want to haggle you about the price and that the mods don't raise the value.

I firmly believe that if you must sell your VX, sell it as is in all its beauty to another VX fanatic if you can, that way you get what you want for it and they walk away a brand new and excited tricked out VX owner ;Dy;

Dallas4u
09/17/2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by nyc #1 ironman
Thanks for all your insights. I have my eye on this sweet Mercedes CLK 430 with AMG package. It's a tough decision though. Someone mentioned selling the mods which is cool but then who knows how much i'll get for just a stock 99.

Not a big Mercedes fan (as of late, except for the SLR McLaren), but I like the CLK somewhat... and any AMG Mercedes is alright by me!

I was going to post earlier that with or without my SC< the VX price would probably stay the same if I was to sell it. I wouldn't take it out as either the time or the mmoney for someone elses time to uninstall the SC wouldn't be worth it. Mods to most don't mean squat... you either just have to find the right buyer or dealer with not making money off your mods.

Navigator
09/18/2003, 05:31 AM
... Looks like you put way too much into your VX to sell it at any price, and you know it. However, I could be wrong, only you know for sure the value of your time and efforts spent on making a stock VX your own. Nothing less that $100,000.00 is the price tag on my 99' VX (with less mods BTW), and even at that price I'd feel a sense of loss at the end of the transaction (ok my price just trippled :D). Yes, I value my VX well above what any sensible individual would ever pay for it, but who ever said I was sensible ;)

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :luck:

nyc #1 ironman
09/18/2003, 11:39 AM
Very good point NAV,,,,(LOL)

Panther_Black_VX
09/18/2003, 12:39 PM
George! Are you seriously thinking of selling?!? ;eekb; Wow.... I never thought I'd see the day.....

That being said, I got first dibs on your Chrome mirror covers!!! :laugho: I called it first..... Hey we're NYers. The home of Sienfeld and people that look for apartments in the obituaries........ :D

I still say, don't do it! (but if it will make you feel better you can still sell me the chrome mirror back!) hehehehe!

Bantan
09/18/2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Panther_Black_VX
I got first dibs on your Chrome mirror covers!!! :laugho: I called it first.....
I still say, don't do it! (but if it will make you feel better you can still sell me the chrome mirror back!) hehehehe! [/B]

Hey George,
I got 1st dibs on the second set of Chrome mirror covers. That is if you decide to sell them separate from the VX.
Will you still come to VX meets. I sure hope so.
I still think you are joking or someone got a hold of your vx.info password.

nyc #1 ironman
09/18/2003, 01:15 PM
Bantan,
I am really interested in this Mercedes, but if it's meant to be then it will happen. I hope Albert comes back soon and is able to get more of the chrome mirror covers because I honestly have people writing me practically daily begging for my extra set, and I wish I could part with them because they're a really nice mod , but I need to save them incase the ones on now should be damaged. As I said once before I buy everything in "2's". I think if I put those second set on ebay with the way people want them I may just be able to buy this Mercedes "HMMMMMM" .... (LOL)

fishhookmaui
09/18/2003, 01:21 PM
Great,just great!LOL..Hopes down the drain..