PDA

View Full Version : Tone's Vehicross Manual CD

VXspaceship
09/16/2003, 05:58 PM
Has anyone been able to successfully install this manual?
I am using Windows 2000, and tried installing it but I keep on getting the message "MY 2000 Isuzu Vehicross Retail CD is not in the CD-ROM Drive". I tried copying the unzipped files to a CD but that does not work either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

AnalogVX
09/16/2003, 06:21 PM
Yea that's what you have to do. Copy all files to the CD and put the CD in your CD drive. Try unhiding all files first before copying to the CD. Open Windows Explorer and click tools>folder options>view. Make sure "show all hidden files" is checked. re-burn your CD. That should help.

ScubaSteve
09/17/2003, 06:00 AM
since we're on this subject... the 2000 manual on CD is the same as the 2001, right?:confused:

Lightproof
09/17/2003, 06:33 AM
I got it to work by first, buring the files to the CD (as AnalogVX said), then installing from the CD.

So, try uninstalling it, then install from the CD you made.

TDAWG
09/17/2003, 06:39 AM
I see a fellow Rhode Islander has joined our family. Welcome to a great family. If you still have problems drop me a line or drop by Pep Boys down in West Warwick and I'll give you a copy of the CD.

VXspaceship
09/18/2003, 04:15 PM
Thanks, to all of you for the tips. I copied the filed into a CD as AnalogVX said, reinstalled it and it worked fine.

Pete
12/11/2003, 03:52 PM
I have tried every thing to get this service manual to run and can't seem to get it. I have read all the threads about downloading and copying to cd and installing from cd and still it tells me to insert cd. I am running Windows XP can anyone help me?????????

WyrreJ
12/11/2003, 06:27 PM
Nope, you always need to have the CD. The program is too dumb to know how use the files if you copy them to any other location.

Pete
12/11/2003, 06:54 PM
I downloaded from Tone's site to my desktop, then unzipped flie, then copied to cd, then put (cd-r) into cd-rom drive ,then double clicked on setup icon and installed from cd. It creates shortcut on desk top so I doubleclick it and it tells me cd is not in drive but it still is??????? I've uninstalled and tried it several times. I went into folder options and changed to show hidden files also, didn't help. I have no idea what I am doing wrong?

AnalogVX
12/11/2003, 07:27 PM
Did you delete the unzipped files from the hard drive after copying to the CD? Then install off the CD.

Tone
12/11/2003, 07:39 PM
CD must me named the same as the folder that downloads...

Pete
12/18/2003, 05:16 PM
I named the CD vx_manual. I have done everything as suggested and I still can't get it to run. Can I just purchase the CD somewhere?

Thanks....

Tone
12/18/2003, 05:37 PM
You must name it what the folder is named when it downloads -- it also tells you what cd it is looking for when you try to run it. Most all items ordered from me include a copy of the CD as well.

NC_VX
12/19/2003, 06:00 PM
Sorry, but the CD I got from TONE didn't work either, not that I am saying Tone is a bad guy!!! :mad: Cause he's not... I am just saying that maybe there needs to be a better way cause I had all the same problems... maybe the new CD drives work differntly or newer systems work differently....

No offence to anyone.... the hack is a nice try. I will be trying again to get it to work of course!

SGT.BATGUANO
12/19/2003, 10:11 PM
Did you try installing running the prog. as administrator?

Pete
12/20/2003, 06:11 AM
I tried it as administrator. I also got a "could not find some INI. file" one of the times I tried it.

Tone
12/20/2003, 07:38 AM
Some CDs I sent out DID have problems but that has been resolved. Paypal me $5 and I'll send anyone the WORKING CD 600+MB of VX pics, logos, and misc stuff I’ve collected over the years.