PDA

View Full Version : The truth about North Dakota

Mile High VX
04/01/2011, 05:54 PM
Why North Dakota May Be the Best State in the Country to Live In

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112420/why-north-dakota-may-be-best-state-in-country-to-live-in

Way to pick em Ldub...:smilewink:bgwo::bgwb::bwgy:

Riff Raff
04/01/2011, 06:53 PM
LMFAO. There is one word why people don't move to North Dakota-- "WINTER!!!"

BTW, they also have severe flooding there as well. Do some research, it ain't a pretty sight.

:disturbed

Ebenezr
04/01/2011, 06:54 PM
They shouldn't be so loud about this or its likely the gustapo Feds will try to take that excess.

Gussie2000
04/01/2011, 07:12 PM
LMFAO. There is one word why people don't move to North Dakota-- "WINTER!!!"

BTW, they also have severe flooding there as well. Do some research, it ain't a pretty sight.

WINTER NO WAY...NO MORE....HELL NO :uhohgray:

Kona-Vs
04/01/2011, 11:51 PM
I never thought North Dakota ever existed My theory was that geography teachers around the country just threw it in there to f--k with our minds. :bgwo:

Ebenezr
04/02/2011, 04:40 AM
Why North Dakota May Be the Best State in the Country to Live In

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112420/why-north-dakota-may-be-best-state-in-country-to-live-in

Way to pick em Ldub...:smilewink:bgwo::bgwb::bwgy:

Mile High: Dub will need another month or so to thaw out before he can respond. :bwgy:

newthings
04/02/2011, 11:00 AM
No earthquakes (Almost)
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/

Roy

Risin_Bison
04/02/2011, 05:48 PM
Sure it's cold.....sure we flood every year but hey..we here in Fargo are the champions!

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/01/fargo-wins-title-as-americas-toughest-weather-city/?ncid=webmail

I think summer arrives here between 1 pm on July 3rd and ends at 5 pm July 4th.

Riff Raff
04/02/2011, 07:48 PM
Yup, North Dakota is the Continental U.S. equivilant to Siberia (aka The Russian Front). A perfect place for Federal Prisons. It's so cold, prison inmates don't even want to go outside to jump the fence and the ground is too frozen to dig tunnels. They either die of frostbite, or drown in the floods. Nice.

:bgwb:

Ldub
04/03/2011, 08:56 AM
Sure it's cold.....sure we flood every year but hey..we here in Fargo are the champions!

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/01/fargo-wins-title-as-americas-toughest-weather-city/?ncid=webmail

I think summer arrives here between 1 pm on July 3rd and ends at 5 pm July 4th.

Yep, we're all over the news of late...for better or worse.

BTW, I think I saw your VX at the gun show yesterday...:thumbup:

Then saw a 99 Astral in W Fgo at a repair shop on Main Av on the way to the range.

Two VX's in one day, in Fgo, is pretty unusual by anyone's measure...:yesgray:

Ldub
04/03/2011, 09:00 AM
Yup, North Dakota is the Continental U.S. equivilant to Siberia (aka The Russian Front). A perfect place for Federal Prisons. It's so cold, prison inmates don't even want to go outside to jump the fence and the ground is too frozen to dig tunnels. They either die of frostbite, or drown in the floods. Nice.

As long as it keeps OUT the rif twiddles, & keeps IN the inmates, it's the perfect climate for me...:slap:...:laughing:

Risin_Bison
04/03/2011, 05:52 PM
LDub...scary Karma. Not only did you see me at the gun show....nice place to shoot isn't it? But I was chatting with a guy at Toppers car show who worked at OK tire and said he knew you. His GF, lets take a minute to remeber our sister VX owners, had bought an Astrel and had her mother run it out of oil and blow the engine. So it was in for a heart transplant and will be yet another to our growing fleet of ND Vxers....hmmm....Fargo rally in our future???

BigSwede
04/04/2011, 02:36 PM
It only floods where everybody lives, along the east border...the rest of the state is nice and dry (well, except Devils Lake anyway), but nobody lives there.

As I look at the piles of snow STILL melting in my yard, I have to remind myself that as "bad" as the winter is here, it is worse in ND. Their lack of trees to slow down the wind is a serious handicap in my book...

Ldub
04/04/2011, 04:03 PM

And BTW, yer talk'n outchu'rass again...:yesgray:

Here's what people who are capable of using reason & logic are saying...:smilewink

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/314696/publisher_ID/1/

We produce things that the rest of the world either needs or wants...go figure...:_thinking

Ldub
04/04/2011, 04:31 PM
LDub...scary Karma. Not only did you see me at the gun show....nice place to shoot isn't it? But I was chatting with a guy at Toppers car show who worked at OK tire and said he knew you. His GF, lets take a minute to remeber our sister VX owners, had bought an Astrel and had her mother run it out of oil and blow the engine. So it was in for a heart transplant and will be yet another to our growing fleet of ND Vxers....hmmm....Fargo rally in our future???

Too funny...I know her, AND... I once worked at OK tire.

I L:heart:VE being from Fargo...:laughing:

A Fargo international meet (pretty sure I can get Kenny & Donna to make the trek from Winnepeg) would be great sometime this summer...:yes:

Riff Raff
04/04/2011, 08:16 PM
And BTW, yer talk'n outchu'rass again...

LMFAO!!! I just love getting 'ol L-Dub irritated. It truly makes my day!!! I win again, Dubster. BTW, glad you're there in ND to help fill the sandbags (someone has to do it). LOL.

Ldub
04/05/2011, 07:04 PM
LMFAO!!! I just love getting 'ol L-Dub irritated. It truly makes my day!!! I win again, Dubster. BTW, glad you're there in ND to help fill the sandbags (someone has to do it). LOL.

Ummmmm...no...:laughing:

I find a lot of things to be irritating, including 1 ply toilet paper, like in your men's room.

You on the other hand, are viewed more as a cat would think of a favorite squeaky mouse toy, or maybe the favored rawhide or pigs ear chew of fido...something to do before dinner, nothing more.

And yes, even though my Mothers house was bought out & destroyed for the common good of the surrounding area, I'll most likely be somewhere on the front lines of the flood fight, doing what I can.
I feel a huge debt is owed this community for all the good will & hard work my family & I have received in past flood triumphs & tragedies...:yesgray:

Thank you for your concern...:thanx:

VX KAT
04/06/2011, 06:24 PM
Ummmmm...no...:laughing:

I find a lot of things to be irritating, including 1 ply toilet paper, like in your men's room.

You on the other hand, are viewed more as a cat would think of a favorite squeaky mouse toy, or maybe the favored rawhide or pigs ear chew of fido...something to do before dinner, nothing more.

And yes, even though my Mothers house was bought out & destroyed for the common good of the surrounding area, I'll most likely be somewhere on the front lines of the flood fight, doing what I can.
I feel a huge debt is owed this community for all the good will & hard work my family & I have received in past flood triumphs & tragedies...:yesgray:

Thank you for your concern...:thanx:

You're a damn good man Dub! Proud to know ya!:thumbup:

Ebenezr
04/06/2011, 07:06 PM
Interesting Banter.. :) don't have to worry about thin TP around my house....stuff my wife buys is about 10 ply.....

VX KAT
04/06/2011, 07:38 PM
Interesting Banter.. :) don't have to worry about thin TP around my house....stuff my wife buys is about 10 ply.....

Well guess we should be callin' you Charmin then!
Thanks for sharing..:goof: :slap:

PK
04/06/2011, 10:21 PM

I don't like the thick stuff - it doesn't get in under your fingernail properly.:yeso::yesb::p:o

PK

Ebenezr
04/07/2011, 04:06 AM
I don't like the thick stuff - it doesn't get in under your fingernail properly.:yeso::yesb::p:o

PK

you are correct.

tom4bren
04/07/2011, 04:25 AM
EWWW!!!

This thread is really going down the toilet.

Ebenezr
04/07/2011, 11:11 AM
EWWW!!!

This thread is really going down the toilet.

Well then maybe someone should give it a flush. :smilewink

That sounds like a reasonable thought...I'll delete it this weekend...:yesgray:

pm me if I forget...:mbrasd:

L W

Sorry I stepped all over your post...:rolleyesg

VXR
04/09/2011, 01:03 AM
LMFAO!!! I just love getting 'ol L-Dub irritated. It truly makes my day!!!

fun stuff:yesb:

Ebenezr
04/09/2011, 05:41 AM
you stink pot!!!!!!! Ha!! Your not sorry. Abuse of Power!!!! Isn't this what gets politicians in jail??? Hmmmm. Moncha!! where are you. Well......I have power too.

Ebenezr
04/09/2011, 06:55 AM
I can make multiple posts.

Ebenezr
04/09/2011, 06:55 AM
Like this..... See.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/spit_cat.jpg

Ebenezr
04/09/2011, 06:56 AM
And this.

Ebenezr
04/09/2011, 06:58 AM
Nyeeah :mado::p:hj::bomb::_cop:

Gizmo42
04/13/2011, 09:10 PM
We produce things that the rest of the world either needs or wants...go figure...:_thinking

Yes, Chickens!!

Thought everyone knew about the chicken mines of North Dakota (http://www.modrzew.stopklatka.pl/chiken.html)

*tried to find video but couldnt so text of the episode will have to do

Ldub
04/13/2011, 10:32 PM
you stink pot!!!!!!! Ha!! Your not sorry. Abuse of Power!!!! Isn't this what gets politicians in jail??? Hmmmm. Moncha!! where are you. Well......I have power too.

I can make multiple posts.

Like this..... See.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/spit_cat.jpg

And this.

Nyeeah :mado::p:hj::bomb::_cop:

Wouldn't it have been easier to give me an infraction...:confused:

:rotate:.:laughing:.:rotate:.:laughing:.:rotate:

Ldub
04/13/2011, 10:34 PM
Yes, Chickens!!

Thought everyone knew about the chicken mines of North Dakota (http://www.modrzew.stopklatka.pl/chiken.html)

*tried to find video but couldnt so text of the episode will have to do

Good gawd Y'all...(J B)

THAT'S funny...:laughing:.:thumbup:

C U N May...:dance:

I once worked in a "chicken mine" during a day or two of my mis-spent yoot.
Big Jim's family owned an egg ranch when we were in HS. (in the WAY long ago...the 70's)
His Mom hired a bunch of us high school boys to empty all the chickens (in the tens of thousands) out of the laying house, so they could take a one way ride to the Campbells soup factory.

Two things that type of activity will do for a young feller...

1. It'll put some shoulders on ya...carrying three chickens by the feet in each hand for about 100 yds, then handing them up to the loader on the semi trailer.

2. It'll put a stink on ya that's not soon to be forgot...My mother got the good end of that deal by driving a couple of us over there early in the morning.
The next door neighbor lady was tagged for the return trip...;)

Ebenezr
04/14/2011, 04:40 AM
Wouldn't it have been easier to give me an infraction...:confused:

:rotate:.:laughing:.:rotate:.:laughing:.:rotate:

Oh you must mean an infarction. No no no. That is a heart attack. I want you to live!!!! :yesy:

Ebenezr
04/14/2011, 06:20 PM
Youch the truth is North Dakota is a lake now. No longer a state.

Ldub
04/14/2011, 09:44 PM
Youch the truth is North Dakota is a lake now. No longer a state.

It is too still a state, just a different state...of matter.

More...H2Oish in it's present state.

And to some of the younger pups, it just don't matter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4YGuLW2MYo&feature=player_embedded)...:smilewink

Ldub
04/14/2011, 09:45 PM
Oh you must mean an infarction. No no no. That is a heart attack. I want you to live!!!! :yesy:

Me too...:yesgray:

VXR
04/15/2011, 02:35 AM
Me too...:yesgray:

me too:yesb:

oh wait I mean me...