PDA

View Full Version : Vehicross AVS Wind Deflector

shinkson
03/28/2011, 08:25 PM
Hi all,
I saw a set of these " http://www.autotrucktoys.com/chevy-colorado/AVS-Chevy-Colorado-Aerovisor-Off-Road-Wind-Deflector-04-Up-PRD3711.aspx " AVS wind deflector. I can seem to find them for a vehicross. Does the vehicross share doors with the Trooper or the Rodeo. Yes I know its a dumb question so save your breath and dont point out the obvious. :)

nocturnalVX
03/28/2011, 08:56 PM
Instead, get this:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=4&VehId=308&Year=2001

These are custom made for the VX, and do not glue to the side of the truck. They slide into the windows instead... a much easier installation...

Riff Raff
03/29/2011, 12:25 AM
Instead, get this:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=4&VehId=308&Year=2001

These are custom made for the VX, and do not glue to the side of the truck. They slide into the windows instead... a much easier installation...

x2, agreed. However, the really cool version is from Japan and the UK that have an aerodynamic sweeping bubble curve to them and you'd think NASA made them. Sadly, the radical Japan/UK version is not available in the USA (visit the Photo Gallery of member "CrotchRocket" if your curious). Thus, stick with the WeatherTech product.

:bgwb:

Junster
03/30/2011, 07:23 PM
If you want it for a VX you can always find it on this forum. These are just the window visors I was looking for. Thanks

metalman1980
11/08/2011, 08:33 PM
I bought these deflectors and just got them today, they install easy, and seem to fit perfect BUT they make the window motor work a whole lot harder because they take up space in the channel. My passenger window leaves a small gap at the top when the window motor finally comes to a stop at the top. I dont need my window regs or motors wearing out earlier than normal. I wouldn't recommend these. They are shipping back tomorrow. :mady:

JoFotoz
11/09/2011, 01:54 PM
x2 !!

Had them on two VX's...no problems at all.

jo

nfpgasmask
11/09/2011, 03:17 PM
Personally, I think the Weathertechs are way nicer looking that the Japan/UK wind deflectors. Those things are just too damn big and obnoxious. The Weathertechs look completely stock, so much so that you won't even notice them after a while, and they actually work.

Bart

nfpgasmask
11/09/2011, 03:31 PM
Wow, didn't know the JDM ones were stick on. All the more reason to not like them. I think ANY stick on deflectors on ANY vehicle looks like cheap crap....Weathertech FTW!

Bart

Ldub
11/09/2011, 04:05 PM
Weathertech FTW!

Bart

X2...:thumbup:

I've had both, W-T's are made of higher quality material...FAR more resistant to being melted by the occasional errant cigarette coal.

IMO, way better looking too.

Anybody wants a set of the stick on kind that's gonna be in Moab, lemme know, I'll bring em' & they'll be yours for $20.00, which I will donate to the site in your name...:yesgray:

EDIT:
There has been some confusion as to what I meant when I indicated "stick on" vents.
I meant the stick on ones that have roughly the same profile/coverage as the W-T's...NOT the JDM ones.

Sorry for any confusion, I should'v been more clearly-er...:flower:

evillecutter
05/15/2012, 06:19 AM
not only do the weathertech vent visors look like they could be factory and pop into place in no time at all, they eliminate most of the wind turbulance with the window at any height - $75 well spent

JAMAS
05/15/2012, 08:42 AM
oh peer pressure......

......bought.

Y33TREKker
05/15/2012, 09:10 AM
Anyone ever do any comparisons specifically for noise differences with and without? These things seem to generate a LOT of wind noise. And I guess turbulence is a matter of degrees too because it always seems to be advertised that WT vents are made specifically to allow for having the windows down when it's raining, but because of the amount of turbulence they create, I still get a lot of water being thrown over the top of the window regardless of how far up or down it is when it's raining and I'm actually moving.

It just seems that WT's were made more to follow the form before function process, so I'd really be curious to know how the JDM's compare where noise, turbulence, and water deflection are concerned.

evillecutter
05/15/2012, 09:23 AM
Anyone ever do any comparisons specifically for noise differences with and without? These things seem to generate a LOT of wind noise. And I guess turbulence is a matter of degrees too because it always seems to be advertised that WT vents are made specifically to allow for having the windows down when it's raining, but because of the amount of turbulence they create, I still get a lot of water being thrown over the top of the window regardless of how far up or down it is when it's raining and I'm actually moving.

It just seems that WT's were made more to follow the form before function process, so I'd really be curious to know how the JDM's compare where noise, turbulence, and water deflection are concerned.

if anything i have noticed less wind noise with the weathertechs, but i guess that all depends on how tall you are and where your ears sit - i had a huge problem with showing up at work with a mohawk on the left side of my head and they solved that problem even with the window completely down - i can only roll my window about 1/3 down without getting rain on me, but that is still much better than without them

evillecutter
05/15/2012, 09:30 AM
i also got a couple of these because of how important being able to see out of your side view mirrors is in the vx:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silica-Gel-Side-Mirror-Rain-Snow-Guard-Sun-Visor-2009-2011-Chevy-CRUZE-/280879114914?hash=item4165b32aa2&item=280879114914&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

they should be here any day so i havent had a chance to try them yet but i thought they might look kinda cool and were worth a shot

etlsport
05/15/2012, 09:45 AM
i also got a couple of these because of how important being able to see out of your side view mirrors is in the vx:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silica-Gel-Side-Mirror-Rain-Snow-Guard-Sun-Visor-2009-2011-Chevy-CRUZE-/280879114914?hash=item4165b32aa2&item=280879114914&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

they should be here any day so i havent had a chance to try them yet but i thought they might look kinda cool and were worth a shot

I keep a small squeegee in my vx so I clean the mirrors off while the vx warms up and then turn on the heated mirrors. Never have any accumulation of water snow or ice. I have a feeling those covers will be too small for the vx mirrors.

evillecutter
05/15/2012, 09:51 AM
I keep a small squeegee in my vx so I clean the mirrors off while the vx warms up and then turn on the heated mirrors. Never have any accumulation of water snow or ice. I have a feeling those covers will be too small for the vx mirrors.

i found the exact same ones advertised as "universal fit" visors on another website, but you had to order them wholesale and i didnt need 50 sets - you're probably right but i was more worried about them being too wide and not contouring to the square dimensions of the vx mirrors - and for $15 bucks i figure if they dont work ill just put them on my truck

JAMAS
05/15/2012, 11:47 AM
Keep us posted on those.

evillecutter
05/18/2012, 07:29 AM
Keep us posted on those.

good news is they shipped a week ago - bad news is i just realized that i forgot to click on the "us only" thing on ebay and they are coming from freaking hong kong, hong kong so no telling when i will get them - but eventually i will and if they are worth a crap i'll take some pics and put them up

JAMAS
05/18/2012, 08:27 AM
I just installed the WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors. They were a snap to install, and look great. The shipping was also fantastic. Ordered and 3 days later they were here.

There is more road noise if the window is only cracked.

closed all the way, or open all the way...same same on noise. However, if it is cracked just a little bit the sound comes straight up from the road and into the cabin. (doesnt bother me though)

Chopper
05/19/2012, 07:53 AM
I bought these deflectors and just got them today, they install easy, and seem to fit perfect BUT they make the window motor work a whole lot harder because they take up space in the channel. My passenger window leaves a small gap at the top when the window motor finally comes to a stop at the top. I dont need my window regs or motors wearing out earlier than normal. I wouldn't recommend these. They are shipping back tomorrow. :mady:

Had mine on/in for over 10 years now. My windows work just spiffy:winko:

evillecutter
05/24/2012, 01:30 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/mirror_008.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/22479)

meh, they look ok i think - cant really even notice till you get right next to them but thats cool - ill let you know if they work next time it rains

JAMAS
05/24/2012, 01:48 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/mirror_008.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/22479)

meh, they look ok i think - cant really even notice till you get right next to them but thats cool - ill let you know if they work next time it rains

I think they look good.

If they perform their function correctly, they may be worth it.

However, I wonder if the "heated mirror" will affect it.