PDA

View Full Version : VX Keyless Entry?

shinkson
03/18/2011, 09:55 PM
Hi All,
I bought a VX that looks to have a factory keyless entry system but I didnt get any key fobs. Any suggestion on how I could go about getting replacement fobs? Also it seams that I cannot lock the doors using the keys, I must lock them using the lock knob on the inside of the doors then shut them. Any advice will appreciated.
Thanks

VXjunky
03/18/2011, 10:05 PM
Eek......say it aint so joe............get em circ

VX KAT
03/18/2011, 11:21 PM
What junky is hinting at is a gentle suggestion to try the "search" function on the site before posting. Generally it's a good idea, since most every topic has been discussed most likely. So use words like "key fob" or "remote".

There's just tons and tons of excellent info on this site, so start plunking around and clicking on the various items. You can download the service manual too.

Don't know any info about not being able to lock doors with keys, so can't help you on that. Maybe try "locking door".

But I understand your other question...been there myself when I got mine...
REMOTE KEY FOB: PART NUMBER: BAB237131-013 - 2-90101-701-0
Ebay almost ALWAYS has some. If you want an actual OEM remote, (the oval shape), make sure to read the fine print as lots of times they're selling a clone. Prices usually run $30 - $50 for a used OEM one. You can't get one new from Isuzu any longer.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=BAB237131-013&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Here's a post that has info and several links to other posts with more info on the key fob/security system. (There's also some stuff that you didn't ask about, but the key fob info you need is there).
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=204113&postcount=16

So there ya go, and set aside some time as there's lots and lots of reading on this site with very important info. #1 rule: CHECK YOUR OIL LEVEL at every fill up!!

Welcome to the addiction we call VX!

Moncha
03/19/2011, 06:49 AM
Hi All,
I bought a VX that looks to have a factory keyless entry system but I didnt get any key fobs. Any suggestion on how I could go about getting replacement fobs? Also it seams that I cannot lock the doors using the keys, I must lock them using the lock knob on the inside of the doors then shut them. Any advice will appreciated.
Thanks

Answer a couple...

1. How does it look to have a factory system?

2. Can you unlock with a key?

shinkson
03/19/2011, 08:07 AM
Thank you vx kat. I will get familiar with this forum stuff soon and hopefully wont induce anyone to post cryptic message to me.

VXjunky
03/19/2011, 08:35 AM
it's all good with me...i need baby sitting most the time....and most the people here are good enough to help myself and each other...great site, great info, great fun, great truck, great people...welcome..