PDA

View Full Version : The biggest VX information post ever!

deermagnet
03/09/2011, 11:50 AM
edit

VXR
03/09/2011, 12:00 PM
All I can say is WOW!

Very impressive!

Well done sir!

:thumbup:

tom4bren
03/09/2011, 12:31 PM
U Da Man!!!

I'll start downloading all that stuff tomorrow. 'Puter is busy right now with backing up my hard drive (last I checked, 11 hours to go).

vt_maverick
03/09/2011, 12:35 PM
LOL, I am indeed in awe of your "stash" Mark. Thanks for posting everything, I know that probably took you a long time to link everything!!! :thumbup:

Now to download it all... :)

Mile High VX
03/09/2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for all of the information Mark.

I guess I'll just go get an new Maxtor and make it VX ONLY!

nfpgasmask
03/09/2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks, Mark!!!

Bart

wekilled
03/09/2011, 04:32 PM
Been a member for quite some time and somehow missed a good portion of the amazing list you compiled. Hats off. I guess after finals I need to spend some time downloading it and anal-retentively placing it in my 3-ring binder.

Once again, thanks!

Anita
03/09/2011, 06:40 PM
You hoarder!! I AM preparing an intervention just for you. :bgwb:

Now looking at all this I dont know whether to :heart: you or :slap: you.

ZEUS
03/09/2011, 07:06 PM
Damn it, Mark, I would never have sold my VX had I had access to some of this info! j/k

vt_maverick
03/09/2011, 08:04 PM
Download complete. :D

Now when can I start pestering you for that VIN CD again? ;) Would LOVE the challenge of decrypting the files. :naughty:

Thanks again!!! :thumbup:

vt_maverick
03/09/2011, 08:10 PM
This cool title says it all, 'Dreams Driven by "VehiCROSS" and Suggestions for Future Generations'. But we don't know exactly what it says, 'cuz it's all written in complex Japanese characters. It's an article written for a Japanese trade journal in 2007. I've had this for years and did post it here before. I bought a book to try to translate these characters to english, but this type of writing is so complex, there was no chance I could do it. I offered it up to a bunch of professional translation services. Most never responded, the lowest bid was $1500 to get it done. I was only willing to spend a couple hundred dollars at that time. I was thinking of taking it to a Japanese restaurant to see if anyone there could do it for that price. It's still a cool VX collectable to have in any language.
1.74 MB - http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/img/vx5/vxdreams.pdf (http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/img/vx5/vxdreams.pdf)

BTW, the first photo in that "Dreams" article is the VX concept behind a large helicopter in England, where the VX concept was designed and built. I searched using the numbers on the tail of the chopper and found out it spent most of it's life in England and there was even details of when it crashed, which all choppers do eventually.

Mark - You can use Google Translate to convert this to English, BUT in order to do so you need to be able to copy/paste the Japanese text into the translation box. Unfortunately you can't do that unless you unlock the PDF first, which requires a password. Do you know what that might be, or was it set by Isuzu?

Knigh7s
03/09/2011, 08:59 PM
Wow, that is a lot of awesome info there!!! thanks for sharing!!!

Mark - You can use Google Translate to convert this to English, BUT in order to do so you need to be able to copy/paste the Japanese text into the translation box. Unfortunately you can't do that unless you unlock the PDF first, which requires a password. Do you know what that might be, or was it set by Isuzu?

Actually you don't have to cut and paste, under the text box in Google Translate you will see "Type text or a website address or translate a document.". Click the link for translate a document and just upload the file, no password needed. (although I already made a non-secured version of the original =P)

The translated version is a bit messed up because the columns overlap, but It's in html. so I can fix that and remake the translated version into a pdf once I'm done!

vt_maverick
03/09/2011, 09:02 PM
You da man Knigh7s!!!

Riff Raff
03/09/2011, 11:02 PM
MONCHA, let's "ear-mark" this info somewhere on the front mainpage. Great info, Mark. Thanx for sharing.

:bgwb:

vt_maverick
03/10/2011, 08:10 AM
Good job. I tried online translators, but it was like three years ago and I didn't have much luck, even when uploading the whole document. I'm sure things have improved since then.

Maybe. I did the translation last night after he posted and it seems pretty broken (the English that is, not the translator). A human translation would obviously be best, so maybe one of our younger members (God I feel old saying that) could make a connection with a Japanese language department at their college. Seems like a good extra credit project for somebody.

Ebenezr
03/10/2011, 09:03 AM
What do we owe you for this?

Ebenezr
03/10/2011, 09:26 AM
Hugs and kisses. ;Dy;

Mark

How about a piece of carrot cake instead.:winky:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/DSC000061.JPG
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2014622&id=1185534035

mindaugas
03/11/2011, 08:30 AM
awesome, thanks for the info

Moncha
03/11/2011, 10:02 AM
Mark, as usual, you come through! This is great.

With your permission, I'll DL also and store off-site for backup. I'll also include in the knowledge base (New version I'm working on)

tom4bren
03/16/2011, 08:35 AM
Mark,

I downloaded the whole shootin match ... 'cept for:

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/techvids/valveadj.wmv

That linky couldn't be found.

tom4bren
03/16/2011, 08:47 AM
Dang you're quick. :)

I found the working link & came back to post it & you'd done it already.

Thanks.

blacksambo
03/16/2011, 10:26 AM
Well done! Very well done, indeed. Now all we need is the best accounts of the VX's racing exploits (with photos, you know of the the standard shift VX's) and we have the makings of the VX book. Let's just do it!

BeeVenom
03/17/2011, 05:30 PM
HOLY Crap-ola!!! Awesome stuff. You are THE MAN, no question about it!
Thanks, thanks, thanks......and thanks again!

Crisis 6
04/29/2012, 06:23 PM
Here's a little VX cartoon. If anyone knows what it says, please let us know.
http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/img/vx5/v-cross1.jpg

The old car speaking to the VX:

Old car: Handmade, huh?
VX: "Yes"

OC: "So, is that a black hood?"
VX: "That's right."

OC: You're a Continental."
VX: "What?"

:happyface

nocturnalVX
04/29/2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks for finding all this stuff, and for sharing it with the rest of us. My alarm system, power door locks, and dome light have not worked for over a year. Maybe now I'll be able to have it back to normal...

Ldub
04/29/2012, 08:40 PM
U Da Man!!!

Thanks for finding all this stuff, and for sharing it with the rest of us.

X-2...:thanx:

mrtew
03/03/2014, 08:41 PM
Where's the information again? I don't see anything. Was it all deleted?

Lfen
03/03/2014, 09:10 PM
Yeah Was wondering the same. Does Anyone know where this info is at or went to ?

Vinnybin
03/04/2014, 06:41 PM
Post again!!

JoFotoz
03/04/2014, 06:51 PM
IIRC...all this was moved to VX Knowledge base and/or Downloads???

Could be wrong..havent checked... but it rings a bell :)

Maybe check it out..they are on the menu to the left of home page.

Jo

VXorado
03/04/2014, 07:39 PM
Weird!!! Deermagnet cleared all of his profile info and edited (i.e. erased) many of his posts. I am so very curious... :_confused

WormGod
03/05/2014, 06:54 AM
Hear us now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m76QYFsyJqQ

tom4bren
03/05/2014, 07:04 AM
Where's the information again? I don't see anything. Was it all deleted?

Yeah Was wondering the same. Does Anyone know where this info is at or went to ?

Post again!!

I still have it all on my hard drive. I rekin that I could burn it to some DVD's & mail them to interested parties in a few weeks (next cupla weeks are slammed for me so can't any sooner).

Leon R
03/05/2014, 09:26 AM
Weird!!! Deermagnet cleared all of his profile info and edited (i.e. erased) many of his posts. I am so very curious... :_confused

Some people do this... They want to "disappear" and take away any evidence having contributed to the forum. I really hate when people do this! They are effectively sabotaging forum’s database! As forum admin, I try to ban people as soon as I notice this, but sometime they are tough catch before damage is done :(. One way to combat this, is to take away ability to edit posts after a day or two. How often do we have a LEGITIMATE reason to edit days old post?

Tom, what was in this thread? I see people raving about how great IT is, but what IT? :)

But this probably shouldn't be a pinned post, after information was removed...

tom4bren
03/05/2014, 11:41 AM
He had posted links to a bunch of maintenance stuff that was really good to have on hand (including TSBs).

I'll have to go back through it all to see what all it included.

PK
03/05/2014, 01:54 PM
I still have it all on my hard drive. I rekin that I could burn it to some DVD's & mail them to interested parties in a few weeks (next cupla weeks are slammed for me so can't any sooner).

I reckin I could make an extra donation to the site for a copy of that DVD young fella.

No hurry (oh no, can't believe I said that to the world's worseted procrastinator!!!!).

PK

tom4bren
03/05/2014, 02:46 PM
What were you THINKIN???

:slap:

WormGod
03/06/2014, 07:02 AM
I guess I cant say much. I did that full write up on the supercharger install with pics. When my site host bellied up, all pics were lost. Such is life. Ho hum....

Ldub
03/06/2014, 07:12 AM

With your permission, I'll DL also and store off-site for backup. I'll also include in the knowledge base (New version I'm working on)

Mark,

I downloaded the whole shootin match ... 'cept for:

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/techvids/valveadj.wmv

That linky couldn't be found.

He had posted links to a bunch of maintenance stuff that was really good to have on hand (including TSBs).

I'll have to go back through it all to see what all it included.

Sounds like it shouldn't pose much of a problem...:_confused

tom4bren
03/19/2014, 08:00 AM
No hurry (oh no, can't believe I said that to the world's worseted procrastinator!!!!).

That's no way to put yerself on the top-o-da list dude.:)

I've actually gone through the files & organized them a little better. It works out to about 1.4GB & includes my entire private collection in addition to what Mark posted.

I'll try to pick up some DVDs & mailers tomorrow & start burning them on Friday.

tom4bren
03/19/2014, 10:19 AM
Holy carp.

It took 20 min for the first copy. Rekin I'll be letting it run in the background for the next few weeks.

PK, yer copy is ready.

PK
03/19/2014, 04:48 PM
Tom, I responded on your other post.

Thanks

PK

Ldub
03/19/2014, 06:28 PM
But there is REALLY no hurry.

I kin wait until I can receive it in person....IF YOU ACTUALLY EVER COME TO MOAB...:rotate:

boy93
03/19/2014, 08:18 PM
I'm diggin ldubs last statement there fasha :)

Ldub
03/19/2014, 09:21 PM
I'm diggin ldubs last statement there fasha :)

Welcome to the forums B93..but please...:flower:

Dub is all that's ever needed...I just hate to see people using up any unnecessary key strokes...:smilewink

tom4bren
03/20/2014, 05:54 AM
But there is REALLY no hurry.

I kin wait until I can receive it in person....IF YOU ACTUALLY EVER COME TO MOAB...:rotate:

JAMAS will be arriving @ Moab in my stead with a box fulla DVDs.

Ldub
03/20/2014, 06:33 AM
And that's why they calls You...Tom tha BOMB...You is it...:bomb:

Thanx Nut Brudd'r T, MUCH appreciated...:thanx:

tom4bren
03/20/2014, 06:58 AM
But if'n I'm bombed alla time ... what's gonna happen when I get a few mooonkies in me???

tom4bren
03/20/2014, 10:40 AM
I reckin I could make an extra donation to the site for a copy of that DVD young fella.

PK

If I burn a DVD in US of A & send it to you in OZ, do you have to put it in your machine upside down???

JAMAS
03/20/2014, 01:30 PM
If I burn a DVD in US of A & send it to you in OZ, do you have to put it in your machine upside down???

No, I think it just spins the other way.

tom4bren
03/20/2014, 02:15 PM
No, I think it just spins the other way.

& aren't they a wee bit slower than us too???

PK
03/20/2014, 03:46 PM
Hey, we are way ahead of youse guys.
It is 0945 on Friday as I type.

No need to turn the machine upside down - I just sit on my head to read it.

PK

vehiXrs
09/07/2014, 01:42 PM
Need advice doing front brakes, rotors are layered in the hub for 4 wheel drive , I have schematic of how it all goes together, but no torque specs or information putting it all back together, don't want to screw it up ,plus the. Philips head screws are a pain trying to get them out without damaging them . Any help Will be appreciated, the rear brakes were a breeze. I'm installing drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads . Should help performance & looks.

MSHardeman
09/07/2014, 02:37 PM
Check out this thread:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11324&highlight=replace+wheel+bearings

Kenny did a great write up on how to replace your front rotors and wheel bearings. I have used this write up three times now. Initially to replace my rotors and repack the front bearings and then twice just to repack the bearings.

boca rat
03/03/2021, 07:33 PM
What am I missing? I don't see an attachment or anything on this thread....

Mile High VX
03/04/2021, 07:00 PM
There was an attachment to the post originally. The author deleted it when going through some tough things in life. He did that with almost all of his posted information that was truly beneficial to the group. Sad to say that the passed away far too young.

boca rat
03/09/2021, 06:53 AM
Oh, that's so sad. Thx for letting me know.

Did anyone save off a copy that could be shared? Newbie here (of course)

Mile High VX
03/09/2021, 07:14 PM
Maybe but this site is pretty slow to answer anymore...most have moved over to the Facebook page. It happened while this site was down for an extended time and that was going to be the short term space. Took much longer than expected and once we got back up here everyone was comfortable on the FB page.