PDA

View Full Version : Who has the least miles?

VXR
03/08/2011, 04:14 PM
After reading about Ala5ka just getting one with 28K I thought I would ask who has the least? Is it Jo with 20K something?

I am at 39K:yesb:

Triathlete
03/08/2011, 04:29 PM
I can be pretty certain that you can rule me out at close to 140...

...K:winky:

surf-life
03/08/2011, 04:30 PM
58k here

Ebenezr
03/08/2011, 05:15 PM
125k...but runs strong.

Ala5ka
03/08/2011, 05:32 PM
I'm the guy with 28k, soon to change though it's my DD

Kona-Vs
03/08/2011, 07:36 PM
Bought my 99 Ebony about a year ago with 19K on it Now I have 31K Its almost a DD

Ala5ka
03/08/2011, 07:52 PM
how do you get over 11K in one year living on an island?

ibmx2
03/08/2011, 08:03 PM
25 now :mad:
but got it with 18 6 months ago :bwgy:

technocoy
03/08/2011, 08:31 PM
My baby is at 82k.

Good thing is I bought her at 31k I believe 8 years ago. So 50k in nearly 8 years is doing pretty good on a DD.

Hopefully I can keep it that way.

circmand
03/08/2011, 08:35 PM
repeated thread

VXdoc
03/08/2011, 08:41 PM
Um, Richard Payne has one with 198k. :)

rowhard
03/08/2011, 09:19 PM
Not me, and I have enjoyed every mile:smilegray

VXR
03/08/2011, 09:34 PM
repeated thread

repeated complaint:rollb:

Buffy
03/09/2011, 05:15 AM
I have about 2K on mine....... since rebuilding it. :smilewink I actually just rolled to 98K on the odometer.

tom4bren
03/09/2011, 06:21 AM
I rolled over to 50K on my 50th birthday.

Since then, 'Boy' has been driving it to school so it's up to 55K now.

WormGod
03/09/2011, 07:04 AM
Not me, and I have enjoyed every mile:smilegray

+1

vt_maverick
03/09/2011, 07:43 AM
I rolled over to 50K on my 50th birthday.

Since then, 'Boy' has been driving it to school so it's up to 55K now.

:freek: How'd you get talked into that Tom? I think the kid's are softening the old man up over time. ;)

vt_maverick
03/09/2011, 07:44 AM
repeated thread

At least the answers change over time, unlike the "what's the biggest tires I can put on my VX?" threads that seem to appear every week.

This one's good in my book. :)

tom4bren
03/09/2011, 08:35 AM
:freek: How'd you get talked into that Tom? I think the kid's are softening the old man up over time. ;)

It's the law of supply & demand. Wifey demands that I provide Boy with transportation & I supply it.

Boy's Mustang went Tango Uniform & hasn't been replaced yet.

vt_maverick
03/09/2011, 08:49 AM
LOL... good to see things haven't changed since the last time we saw you guys. :p

vt_maverick
03/09/2011, 09:12 AM
I think this guy wins hands down.

http://purecars.com/vehicles/Deer%20Park/Isuzu/VehiCROSS/-/8034306

tom4bren
03/09/2011, 09:33 AM
Mark,

You're not even allowed to read this thread:), aren't you over 200K?

vt_maverick
03/09/2011, 09:39 AM
Will be interesting to if anyone rolls over 1M - remember those Toyota commercials way back in the day that showed people's odometers?

Anyone got a guess as to who has the MOST miles?

vt_maverick
03/09/2011, 09:56 AM
No wonder you want to keep all those manuals close at hand. :p

You are still on the original engine right? No rebuild or replacement? Would also be interesting to see who goes the longest before a rebuild...

VX KAT
03/09/2011, 11:30 PM
I think this guy wins hands down.

http://purecars.com/vehicles/Deer%20Park/Isuzu/VehiCROSS/-/8034306

No, that's the one MeowMix is looking at tomorrow, 70k on the clock.

Petos
03/10/2011, 04:25 AM
Somebody buy this 16K one in San Francisco and kick everyone's rear! :bwgy:

vt_maverick
03/10/2011, 06:56 AM
No, that's the one MeowMis is looking at tomorrow, 70k on the clock.

Geez Sue, grow a sense of humor would ya? :p :bwgy:

circmand
03/10/2011, 10:33 AM

By many people many times and still people start new threads without searching to see if there are already 4-5 threads on the same topic. You would think by now they would learn to do a search. But i guess we have to learn to live with those who can seem to evolve

VXR
03/10/2011, 11:33 AM
You would think by now they would learn to do a search

Ya whatever old man you just keep on complaining:rollb2:

I told you kids get off my lawn:laughb:

Scott Larson
03/10/2011, 11:46 AM
Testy, testy! Can't we all just ggget along?
-Rodney King-

circmand
03/10/2011, 12:07 PM
Ya whatever old man you just keep on complaining:rollb2:

I told you kids get off my lawn:laughb:

get off my lawn and off of my cloud

VX KAT
03/10/2011, 12:17 PM
Geez Sue, grow a sense of humor would ya? :p :bwgy:

I do, I hang out here with ya'll don't I? :p.....:slap:

vt_maverick
03/10/2011, 02:53 PM
As usual the truth lies between. There aren't that many threads that deal specifically with lowest miles (I found 3 to be exact). But when you factor in surveys related to mileage, highest mileage threads, etc. it does turn out to be a pretty sizable list. This is what I found in about 5 minutes, I'm sure you could find a few more with more digging.

Lowest Miles (I think the last link is the one you mentioned Mark)

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=17962&highlight=lowest+miles
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16234&highlight=lowest+miles
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=5310&highlight=lowest+miles

Surveys

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=5696&highlight=odometer
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=14286&highlight=odometer

Highest Mileage

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15401&highlight=highest+mileage

FWIW I don't think it hurts to post a new thread on this topic. As I've said before, there's a big difference between questions whose answers change over time (best cladding treatment, least miles, oldest member) vs. those that don't (the infamous "what's the biggest tire that I can fit" question comes to mind).

:_shrug:

pointup
03/10/2011, 03:56 PM
just purchased 3 weeks ago with 53000 miles on it...... the previous owner has receipts for every oil change ....they changed it every 1500 to 2000 miles.... I think i got a good vx

JoFotoz
03/10/2011, 04:24 PM
As of today.....23,470

:_steering

jo

vt_maverick
03/10/2011, 04:47 PM
So of those low mile threads, the first one is just showing a low mile VX for sale, not asking about others with low miles. The second one is asking about who has the lowest, but nothing about it in the title, so it's not easy to find. The third one is archived and locked. The surveys are not asking for lowest miles.

So the second one is the only lowest mile thread that coulda been bumped to the top, if it could be found. That's it, one thread so far that makes this one a repeat?

I think this topic is very valid to start a new thread for instead of bringing up an old thread where the old posts would not have the current mileage anymore. :_confused

Mark

Look past the links and I think you'll see that I'm agreeing with everything you just wrote.

FWIW I don't think it hurts to post a new thread on this topic. As I've said before, there's a big difference between questions whose answers change over time (best cladding treatment, least miles, oldest member) vs. those that don't (the infamous "what's the biggest tire that I can fit" question comes to mind).

For the record, the "Similar Threads" search that auto-launches when you create a new thread is pretty useless. As you discovered, even if your phrasing is identical to the title of another thread, there's no guarantee you'll get it back (largely because it only displays 5 results sorted in reverse date order). This is why I say search then post, rather than click "New Thread" and hope the auto function works.

And I'll say it once again for emphasis: I think a new thread on this topic is completely fine. :thumbup:

VXR
03/11/2011, 09:24 AM
As of today.....23,470

looks like we may have a winner:yesb:

amongst active members anyway...

rsteinmetz70112
03/11/2011, 09:39 AM
Next year the lowest miles will be different, and so may the owner, unless you stop driving.

VXjunky
03/11/2011, 09:56 AM
what would you pay for the one with 4k?.....

vt_maverick
03/11/2011, 12:05 PM
Slightly more than one with 5K. :p

Kona-Vs
03/12/2011, 09:21 PM
Low miles IS fun but my hats off to the guys (and girls) with the high millage! :_steering

Cris
03/13/2011, 01:28 AM
214k, 12 years and it still turns me on!!!!

Scott Larson
03/13/2011, 02:17 PM
I think it's funny how much more time and space is spent on debating the start of a new thread then is actually spent replying to it!! LMMFAO...

circmand
03/13/2011, 10:27 PM
The good ones that have a real topic and results that have relevant info do quite well. Unfortunately for each 1 relevant we have 9 that are just Hey what do you think, or what the reddest tire, or how many stones do you get in your tire?

vt_maverick
03/14/2011, 09:03 AM
I think it's funny how much more time and space is spent on debating the start of a new thread then is actually spent replying to it!! LMMFAO...

I think the time savings of starting a new thread is more than made up by how much longer it takes to find anything in the search engine. Of course if you don't use the search engine that's not a problem. ;)

circmand
03/14/2011, 10:00 AM
Your time savings starting a new thread are really just passing the needed time for others to answer your question that has already been answered on another thread. Not to be an *** butthat is why I always do the have you done a search yet? People do not want to waste their time looking but are okay wasting other peoples time having to answer or in some case do a search for them. Some really nice members will find the info in multiple forms and attach it here it takes their time to do that. Time is like government money there is no free lunch to give it away to someone you have to take it away from a person who earned it

rsteinmetz70112
03/14/2011, 12:28 PM
This one has degenerated into a thread about starting new threads.

VXjunky
03/14/2011, 01:59 PM
awful lot of "bah-humbuggers!".....this site's awesome scrooges and all....go with the flow, enjoy, learn, love it or leave it...love to laugh..even at curmudgeoners ...maybe most at the curmudgeoners....

spell check

WormGod
03/15/2011, 07:33 AM
*sigh*

Still? Really?

http://www.global-changes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Internet_argument.jpg

VXjunky
03/15/2011, 07:46 AM
love it

fotomaker
03/15/2011, 08:01 AM
looks like we may have a winner:yesb:

amongst active members anyway...

Beats me at 28K... But mine is STORED.

By the way...

What is the biggest tire I can put on a VX?

VXjunky
03/15/2011, 08:26 AM
thought it was richard payne who knew the guy or guys with the 4K vx's

circmand
03/15/2011, 08:33 AM
awful lot of "bah-humbuggers!".....this site's awesome scrooges and all....go with the flow, enjoy, learn, love it or leave it...love to laugh..even at curmudgeoners ...maybe most at the curmudgeoners....

spell check

at ways to do things better and make things better nothing will ever be better. Live love laugh sounds like a blast but someone has to work pay and clean up the mess.

VXR
03/15/2011, 04:48 PM
By many people many times and still people start new threads without searching to see if there are already 4-5 threads on the same topic. You would think by now they would learn to do a search. But i guess we have to learn to live with those who can seem to evolve

The good ones that have a real topic and results that have relevant info do quite well. Unfortunately for each 1 relevant we have 9 that are just Hey what do you think, or what the reddest tire, or how many stones do you get in your tire?

Your time savings starting a new thread are really just passing the needed time for others to answer your question that has already been answered on another thread. Not to be an *** butthat is why I always do the have you done a search yet? People do not want to waste their time looking but are okay wasting other peoples time having to answer or in some case do a search for them. Some really nice members will find the info in multiple forms and attach it here it takes their time to do that. Time is like government money there is no free lunch to give it away to someone you have to take it away from a person who earned it

at ways to do things better and make things better nothing will ever be better. Live love laugh sounds like a blast but someone has to work pay and clean up the mess.

Hey circ all I see here is a lot of complaining yet when asked a direct question you chose to ignore it. So if you want to answer here it is again:

Okay, Dave, I did a search. I found one thread about lowest miles that died in 2004 and is archived, so it can't be replied to. You do a search and show me where these threads are about least miles. When you start a new thread it shows you similar thread titles that already exist. I put in the exact title of this thread to start a new one and it didn't even show me that this thread is here.

I'm politely asking you to do a search and show us the low mile threads you speak of. You don't expect someone to bug Scott to open a six year old thread on the subject, do you?

It's gonna be interesting to see what you come up with

Bob Barker
03/15/2011, 08:56 PM
Haha! Complainer!

VXjunky
03/15/2011, 09:37 PM
every hundred acre wood needs it's "Eeyore"....

circmand
03/16/2011, 08:00 AM
Hey circ all I see here is a lot of complaining yet when asked a direct question you chose to ignore it. So if you want to answer here it is again:

If I do not read every post right as its written. For the most part once a thread denigrates to something I am not interested in I do not read it anymore, I also do not always go back and read every post that has been written since.

Am I breaking your rules?

But to answer the question if the thread died in 2004 it seems that tells you it was discussed and died for lack of interest. Doing a remake isnt likely to make it better and as we see it didnt. My guess is you did a search on "lowest mileage" That would indeed limit your responses. I did one on mileage and got 20 pages of results. I did not feel like checking them out as the subject is of no interest to me and doing your searching is not my job.

In addition I sometimes do not respond because as I already have the reputation of being to tough on the lazy people here and beleive it or not I am not trying to be mean. I just have a personal pet peeve about lazy people who expect Kat and others to look up info for them.

So even if there is no post still active here you pretty much admitted you didnt search for it until after I posted you should have. Proves my point doesnt it.

Okay are you now happy that I answered your question?

vt_maverick
03/16/2011, 01:37 PM
Don't you guys want to take this back into the Superbowl thread? :p ;)

VXR
03/16/2011, 02:17 PM
Don't you guys want to take this back into the Superbowl thread? :p ;)

LOL first the refs steal SB XL from Seattle then a pit fan steals this thread.

Stealers:laughb:

circmand
03/16/2011, 03:09 PM
LOL first the refs steal SB XL from Seattle then a pit fan steals this thread.

Stealers:laughb:

That is rightfully yours.

Steelers beat Seadoves so the SB was thiers not stolen

My time is mine to give and spend as I see fit. So when people repost things that THEY should search for they are taking my time and I have a right to call them to task for it. When a thread is started the poster has the responsibility to make sure it is pertinent and worthy of the readers time. When it is not it is the readers obligation to say so. That way the poster learns what is worthy and what is not.

You can often tell the gae of the poster by what they consider worthy of posting. Those of us older folks from a slower period learned that it is better tochew on our thoughts for awhile before we state them to make sure they are pertinent and worthy
Those that are younger and raised by helicopter parents are taught from birth that everything they say, think and do is special.

Well it isnt! And since I am not your mother or father I do not have to pretend that every random thought you have is worth my time and due to the Freedom of Speech in the Bill of Rights, fought for and died for by the men and women in our armed forces I have the right to say so.

Well you can post here whatever you want about me. I am a big boy I can take it. But I am not going to stay here and read your posts while you bad mouth the United States of America. Gentlemen lets go.

(Thank you Mr. Hand)

Triathlete
03/16/2011, 03:20 PM
Mytime is mine to give and spend as I see fit. So when people repost things that THEY should search for they are taking my time and I have a right to call them to task for it.

(Thank you Mr. Hand)

"You d!@k!":bwgy:

(sorry, couldn't resist...one of my favorite movies)

VXR
03/16/2011, 03:29 PM
When a thread is started the poster has the responsibility to make sure it is pertinent and worthy of the readers time. When it is not it is the readers obligation to say so. That way the poster learns what is worthy and what is not.

You can often tell the gae of the poster by what they consider worthy of posting. Those of us older folks from a slower period learned that it is better tochew on our thoughts for awhile before we state them to make sure they are pertinent and worthy
Those that are younger and raised by helicopter parents are taught from birth that everything they say, think and do is special.

Well it isnt! And since I am not your mother or father I do not have to pretend that every random thought you have is worth my time and due to the Freedom of Speech in the Bill of Rights, fought for and died for by the men and women in our armed forces I have the right to say so.

Well you can post here whatever you want about me. I am a big boy I can take it. But I am not going to stay here and read your posts while you bad mouth the United States of America. Gentlemen lets go.

You now have eight complaint posts in this thread alone:rollb2:

but this is by far your best one;eekb;

circmand
03/16/2011, 04:38 PM
So only one person gets only one quote from the two quotes from 2 classic movies? What is bocoming of this country?

Bob Barker
03/16/2011, 08:02 PM
That is rightfully yours.

Steelers beat Seadoves so the SB was thiers not stolen

My time is mine to give and spend as I see fit. So when people repost things that THEY should search for they are taking my time and I have a right to call them to task for it. When a thread is started the poster has the responsibility to make sure it is pertinent and worthy of the readers time. When it is not it is the readers obligation to say so. That way the poster learns what is worthy and what is not.

(Thank you Mr. Hand)

Your complaining knows no bounds! How you were able to twist this from someone asking a question that wasn't on your approval list, to them being unpatriotic is retarded!:bgwb:

circmand
03/17/2011, 08:12 AM
Your complaining knows no bounds! How you were able to twist this from someone asking a question that wasn't on your approval list, to them being unpatriotic is retarded!:bgwb:

Have you ever seen animal house? Rent it watch it and report back.

VXjunky
03/17/2011, 08:52 AM
well since this threads gone to he!! on a hand truck..... timme for some patriotic chills .... please be patient and watch the whole thing.... pray for our fellow humans especially out japanese brothers............ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM

WormGod
03/18/2011, 06:51 AM
well since this threads gone to he!! on a hand truck..... timme for some patriotic chills .... please be patient and watch the whole thing.... pray for our fellow humans especially out japanese brothers............ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM

It had me right up until the end.