PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

rowhard
03/03/2011, 09:32 AM
Well, my beloved VX is gone,....

from the routine of being a daily driver. Has become a garage queen where it deserves to be. Been replaced by the new Kia Optima SX, wow, what a car.

I contacted Haggerty but they won't touch it, has to have a value of 15k or greater. KBB is $11,400 for the 01 VX in excellent condition. They didn't think there was anyone else out there in insurance land that would do it as a collector. Does anyone here have a solution?

Triathlete
03/03/2011, 09:53 AM
Google "speacialty car insurance"...a ton of options come up.

circmand
03/03/2011, 12:40 PM
Well, my beloved VX is gone,....

from the routine of being a daily driver. Has become a garage queen where it deserves to be. Been replaced by the new Kia Optima SX, wow, what a car.

I contacted Haggerty but they won't touch it, has to have a value of 15k or greater. KBB is $11,400 for the 01 VX in excellent condition. They didn't think there was anyone else out there in insurance land that would do it as a collector. Does anyone here have a solution?

Hagarty insures my Jensen Healey at a declared value of $15,000 for $187 a year. They never said anything about what value the actual car must be based on KBB or anything

JAMAS
03/03/2011, 12:45 PM
I DECLARE YOUR VX TO BE WORTH $15,000!!!

there. done.

circmand
03/03/2011, 01:42 PM
I DECLARE YOUR VX TO BE WORTH $15,000!!!

there. done.

was say I want to insure my JH for a declared value of $15,000.

rowhard
03/03/2011, 02:48 PM
was say I want to insure my JH for a declared value of $15,000.

I guess now, with the 2000 and newer cars, they can compare to blue book digitally.

I know billy, was rushing and was hoping some members had some recommendation's.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Babies_Carport_003.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=20278)

WormGod
03/04/2011, 07:18 AM
Why bother? I just put mine on part-time insurance (no more than 7,000 miles a year allowable) with State Farm. I pay $29 a month FULL coverage. Insurance is insurance, especially when you don't owe a penny on the car anyways. *shrug*

RamAirZ
03/04/2011, 09:56 AM
I think she looks sad, like she wants a concrete pad to keep her feet clean if she's not gonna be used :) And I agree with WormGod, why so concerned with Collector's insurance? A good insurance company and a good policy is all you need, really the collectors stuff is when a regular company/plan won't cover say a mint Hemi Cuda that's really worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. A VX doesn't fall into that. I know Grundy does collector car insurance so if your really concerned about it maybe check them?

circmand
03/04/2011, 10:04 AM
Why bother? I just put mine on part-time insurance (no more than 7,000 miles a year allowable) with State Farm. I pay $29 a month FULL coverage. Insurance is insurance, especially when you don't owe a penny on the car anyways. *shrug*

If I had known this existed I would be doing it no doubt about it. I will be calling my insurance company today. Thank you for posting

rowhard
03/04/2011, 01:25 PM

Tried that with my insurance, guess I didn't use the right word, 'part-time'. All them want to offer is storage for 35 ever 6 months. Just the hassle of having to call in everytime I want to drive it.

And yes, her toes, probable are cold but a floor is next, and a car cover

Riff Raff
03/04/2011, 01:34 PM
Give PEMCO and USAA a shout and see what they say. BTW, congrats on the new Kia. Yes, Kia & Hyundai brands have both come a long way in recent years and are a force to be reckoned with in the new car market. A lot of bang for the buck!!!

:bgwb:

Mile High VX
03/04/2011, 03:42 PM

This is how mine is set up also.

rowhard
03/06/2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the info everyone.

Here is what replaced the VX as a daily driver. Photo is off of the net, but it is just like the one I bought. Mine is tinted and has black pin striping.

2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/a137_g_akamai_net.jpeg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=20293)

WormGod
03/07/2011, 08:00 AM
Funny this came up because every year, they send me a form asking what my current mileage is and what I plan to put on it the following year (just got this years). Did the math and it looks like I put 4,130 miles on it last year. Heck, at that rate, I still won't break 100k in another 10 years, heh.