PDA

View Full Version : Make a Meet for south east? Anyone up for it?

CoastieCosta567
03/03/2011, 09:08 AM
Can't access the meet thread, so i'll make it on VX chat.
So anyone really interested in a South East BIG VX meet. not 2 or 3 but at least a handful or 2.
So who here wants to do this.
Got any ideas of where? Find who wants to go and then see where is the middle from the lowest South to the North. I know we have plenty now in Florida.
We can figure out a day, location and what ever else it takes to make it happen.

Please everyones input would be very useful. We can make this happen. I think the East Coast has been silent for to long, the time is here for us to show the West coasters off :winko: jajaja.

Exclamation
03/03/2011, 09:31 AM
I would be up to it! NC here so if we had it in FL that would be quite a drive for me =/

CoastieCosta567
03/03/2011, 09:34 AM
we'll see where every one is from in the east coast first and then try to make it as far for everyone. :bgwo:

vt_maverick
03/03/2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah have to believe SC or GA would be the best geographical compromise. Really depends on what we want to do, offroading or just some around-town pics. The latter probably won't draw that much of a crowd if they have to drive 8-10+ hours to get there. On the other hand anything too hardcore might ward off the weak-stomached (that includes me). Maybe somewhere we could go out on the beach? Is there any place like that in SC or GA?

Exclamation
03/03/2011, 09:40 AM
I would suggest Uwharrie for some 4x4ing but that would be kinda selfish being that its in NC :D haha but yes the beach sounds nice mav I dont really know of anywhere that allows that in SC or GA but if we could find a place thatd be nice.

vt_maverick
03/03/2011, 09:42 AM
I know NC and FL allow it in certain areas. I will do some research on SC and GA.

Exclamation
03/03/2011, 09:50 AM
Oh! another idea I just had. If we want to go more towards the meet and talk kinda thing, we could all meet up at one of the cars and coffee events. It would be kinda like invasion of the VX's haha Locations are Charlotte NC and Tallahassee FL

vt_maverick
03/03/2011, 09:53 AM
Charlotte could work - we have a good number of members in the NC/VA area as well, and there's a ton of stuff to do there. Good food, cool places for photo shoots. Hmmm... I wonder if we could get a pic near the NASCAR track?

CoastieCosta567
03/03/2011, 09:55 AM
liking the ideas. I was talking off-roading, but if the majority would just want to meet and hang out or what ever, it's cool with me. I just would love alot of peeps to show and all have a great time, no matter what we do, as long as we all are happy with what ever the event can turn out to be :).

CoastieCosta567
03/03/2011, 09:59 AM
GA sound like the best place for a meet so far, But we have to see how many from what area want to go and figure out the best outcome. Please East Coasters Reply even if you don't want to be part of this meet or just don't think they can make it for whatever reason.

vt_maverick
03/03/2011, 10:45 AM
I checked and it looks like Georgia is a no-go for beach driving, I found some pretty stringent rules on their DNR website, and it looks like they've had several people killed over the last decade in beach driving accidents.

The only thing I've found on SC explicitly prohibits beach driving in Myrtle Beach. Haven't found anything else yet.

iott2551
03/03/2011, 12:34 PM
I am in GA. A meet somewhere would be nice, even if it's merely a get-together and not an off-roading thing. Gas prices are also not very friendly, so just getting to the meet and back will cost a few $s.

Bob Barker
03/03/2011, 01:28 PM
I believe somewhere in GA there is a large plot of land that someone has made into an off roading thing. That would be cool!