PDA

View Full Version : Moab XIV 17May-21May 2011

Marlin
08/25/2010, 05:06 PM
Alright, no one has done it yet, so here we go. Moab 2011 will be May 17 to May 21. Time to start the count down!!!

Triathlete
08/25/2010, 06:18 PM
Unless the world ends, I run into financial difficulties, the VX breaks beyond repair, etc. I plan on being there. Maybe I'll drag a friend or two along.

Ldub
08/25/2010, 07:11 PM
Unless the world ends, I run into financial difficulties, the VX breaks beyond repair, etc. I plan on being there. Maybe I'll drag a friend or two along.

I think that I concur...:_thinking

Bob Barker
08/25/2010, 08:24 PM
I'm in for a chance to fall off a rock and earn a new scar!

So-CalVX
08/26/2010, 02:25 AM
always wanted to wheel with the big dogs... here's my chance
can't wait to meet the family i've only just been chatting with online
and i should have a friend with me, dunno till we get closer

BTW... do i need to reserve a room at the cove or whathaveyou?

Ldub
08/26/2010, 05:29 AM
Unless the world ends, I run into financial difficulties, .

http://turfburn.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/jeffrey-lebowski1.jpg

Get a JOB Mr. Lebowski...:slap:...:laughing:

Marlin
08/26/2010, 07:04 AM
always wanted to wheel with the big dogs... here's my chance
can't wait to meet the family i've only just been chatting with online
and i should have a friend with me, dunno till we get closer

BTW... do i need to reserve a room at the cove or whathaveyou?

There are two major lodging venues, the redrock inn, http://red-rocklodge.com/ thats where dub and some of the others crash, and then at the Portal campground: http://portalrvresort.com/. At the campground there are two options, the group site, no power, its basically a field for tents. Or you can get your own camp site with power and whatnot.

Redrock is about 60-70 bucks a night, group site at Portal is 21 a person/night, and a tent site of your own is 30/night. I will be getting a tent site with power:) Worth the 9 bucks for me and there are two of us.

Marlin
08/28/2010, 12:44 PM
If I can get three other folks to bring their factory spares, I will put em on my VX and roll down the strip on 4 spares!! Would be funny to run the short fins n things on the 4 spares as well;)

phines
08/28/2010, 06:05 PM
If I can get three other folks to bring their factory spares, I will put em on my VX and roll down the strip on 4 spares!! Would be funny to run the short fins n things on the 4 spares as well;)

Hmmm... I'll bring mine if you promise NOT to give it back to me! I've been dying to get rid of this thing.

Marlin
08/29/2010, 05:01 AM
Hmmm... I'll bring mine if you promise NOT to give it back to me! I've been dying to get rid of this thing.

No way am I taking it back, maybe we can take em all off when we are done and stick in the back of some stupid Jeep:)

SouthJ1
09/08/2010, 09:07 PM
I want to go but there is only 1 problem my school lets out may 20th if only you guys could postpone the start 3 days and let it go the same amount of time but even if you guys dont ill make it there for the last day most likely ill drive straight through after school on the 20th

pbkid
09/08/2010, 09:30 PM
ill bring you a spare....

i need to get it out of my basement ;)

SouthJ1
09/16/2010, 06:33 AM
I want to go but there is only 1 problem my school lets out may 20th if only you guys could postpone the start 3 days and let it go the same amount of time but even if you guys dont ill make it there for the last day most likely ill drive straight through after school on the 20th

Marlin
09/16/2010, 10:39 AM
We are up to three spares, just need one more...its gonna be a sweet pic, a proton on 4 spares, and I will wheel em.

tom4bren
09/16/2010, 10:47 AM
Shouldn't be a problem to bring donut as well.

Bob Barker
09/16/2010, 12:36 PM
Still dreaming about MTB'ing on Moab, but not a deffinant yes yet.

SouthJ1
09/16/2010, 08:41 PM
I still have my spare. I don't know if I will make it out there for the first day though.

Triathlete
09/17/2010, 03:11 PM
Still dreaming about MTB'ing on Moab, but not a deffinant yes yet.

Make those dreams reality!:yesy: Plus, I am sure you will have no problem finding an open seat for the trail rides also if you need a break from the Mt bike.

Kenny
09/19/2010, 12:40 AM
thought: we should make a point of booking the whole run of the stoop.
if there's an empty room we should buy it out.

better yet get everyone there and take over the whole place, no one to complain then.

VX crazy
09/19/2010, 12:58 PM
thought: we should make a point of booking the whole run of the stoop.
if there's an empty room we should buy it out.

better yet get everyone there and take over the whole place, no one to complain then.

I second that!

Marlin
09/19/2010, 01:15 PM
Nowhere for me to park a 35ft trailer at the hotel:(

tjh
09/19/2010, 02:07 PM

Just rent 6 rooms all in a row, That should give you enough room for the trailer .

Marlin
09/19/2010, 03:08 PM
Just rent 6 rooms all in a row, That should give you enough room for the trailer .
:bgwb:

RamAirZ
09/19/2010, 04:25 PM
I have my spare too if you wanna use it

BigSwede
09/19/2010, 05:35 PM
I know others have brought trailers to the hotel, including the Jeep guys that convoyed with us this year. I believe the motel had them stash it in a nearby empty lot.

Marlin
09/19/2010, 06:53 PM
I will have to call, but its a 35' deck, with another 6-10 feet of gooseneck, thats a big *** trailer to put in a parking lot, but we are leaning toward camping, its more fun, and a bit cheaper.

Ldub
09/19/2010, 07:05 PM
I know others have brought trailers to the hotel, including the Jeep guys that convoyed with us this year. I believe the motel had them stash it in a nearby empty lot.

I will have to call, but its a 35' deck, with another 6-10 feet of gooseneck, thats a big *** trailer to put in a parking lot, but we are leaning toward camping, its more fun, and a bit cheaper.

FWIW, Red Rock has a vacant lot next door where there is plenty of room for your trailer & tow rig.

Triathlete
09/19/2010, 10:28 PM
Dub!!!!! You're back:wave:

Ldub
09/19/2010, 11:03 PM
Dub!!!!! You're back:wave:

Hey Buddy...:smilewink

JoFotoz
09/21/2010, 01:00 PM
Will be there ....wouldnt miss it...unless the world ends.

Just booked room 111 at Red Rock 15th May through 22nd May.

They dont have any other VX bookings yet...

.....get on it people!

:dance::LineWave::dance:

jo

Ldub
09/21/2010, 02:33 PM
Will be there ....wouldnt miss it...unless the world ends.

Just booked room 111 at Red Rock 15th May through 22nd May.

They dont have any other VX bookings yet...

.....get on it people!

:dance::LineWave::dance:

jo

I just reserved the traditional moonkeefest location...:dance: (thas fest, not fist)...:rolleyesg

Right next door to ya Bro, so bring your hearing protection...:yesgray:

And RUM

We check in on the 16th, out on the 22nd.

Cain't hardly wait to see the VX clan...:dan_ban::LineWave::dan_ban:

pbkid
09/21/2010, 09:29 PM
dunno folks.... we'll see if the new job will let me have time off :(

if not, then ill head out friday afternoon and head back sunday night.

one way or another ill try my best to be there.
and im tryin to talk my dad into joining us :D , he would bring his 1.5 ton military truck with detroit lockers :drool2:

SouthJ1
09/22/2010, 07:16 PM
I just found out I might make it to this meet I am probably going homeschool in December mom told me. She has cancer so I'm getting home schooled to take care of her but I'm gonna try to fit a Vx meet in every once and a while :D.

vt_maverick
09/23/2010, 07:26 AM
Dude that's terrible, sorry to hear it. Maybe she can recover in time to go with you? Dub's monkey concoction might be just the thing she needs. :)

MSHardeman
09/23/2010, 11:37 AM
I know Dub's Moonkee's cure me of being sober for a few hours.:biggringr In all seriousness, though, I hope your mom pulls through with flying colors.

SouthJ1
09/23/2010, 08:11 PM
I'm sure it will all work out for the best. I hope I go homeschooled really then I can spend more time with my VX, and of course take care of Mom.

Trudy Carp
09/29/2010, 12:45 PM

I use the Hampton Inn at the north end of town, they have a parking area
behind and uphill of the hotel that I use when I have the raft trailer (16') hooked to the VX. They have me park at the very top, against the curb in a curved "no parking" area. Then I park my second vehicle (07 Rubicon) in the first space in front of the VX, so I don't get blocked in. Works great.
That spot should accommodate a 35 footer + vehicle. They are a little pricey $140-150 a night, but their beds are heavenly, full breakfast is included, and they are one of the few in town that have double queens in their regular rooms. My husband and I are river rats as well as 4 wheelers and live only 5 hours away from Moab. We like to run the "Moab Daily" stretch of the Colorado River in the Rte 128 canyon from Hittle Bottom to Take Out Beach. :bgwo: Easy access to that lot as well, with plenty of turn around room. Most people park closer to the hotel entrance down on the lower level, so that upper lot doesn't see a lot of action because of the distance. Check them out online.......might be just the answer.

tom4bren
10/18/2010, 12:06 PM
Don't count on my donut this year. We won't be able to make it to Moab till 2012.:(

vt_maverick
10/18/2010, 12:39 PM
What happened Tom, I know you were all about going? We weren't going to be anywhere near ready to go next year, so maybe we can both go in 2012. Fingers crossed...

tom4bren
10/18/2010, 12:50 PM
We thought we had convinced our daughter to hold off on her wedding till Oct 2012 so that we could afford Moab in 2011. Not only is she back on for Oct 2011, she has Gucci taste on Mom & Dad's Walmart budget. It looks like t4b will be at Moab 2012.

vt_maverick
10/18/2010, 05:46 PM
I'm surprised she was willing to wait an entire year to begin with, seems like everyone I know is getting married in less than six months from their engagement (including me lol). Spending big $$$ on a wedding is such a waste, being on the other side of both a big and small wedding (the latter being just the two of us and a preacher on the beach) I can't imagine spending all that money again. Any chance she would put off the big ceremony for later if she could get married privately sooner?

Ldub
10/18/2010, 08:50 PM
, she has Gucci taste on Mom & Dad's Walmart budget..

And she got that way how?...:confused:...:smilewink

SouthJ1
10/19/2010, 05:24 AM
How did she get that way ldub!

tom4bren
10/19/2010, 05:28 AM
I have absolutely no idea where she developed that "Gucci taste" - mebbe she learnt it in college.

Ash - no way is she backing down to a small, intimate wedding. If anything, she's outta control on this. The place she's currently looking at having it is over 2X the budget we allowed.

Of course the current situation isn't helping either. Brother in law just moved back in with us since he's been outta work for the past 8 months. Eldest daughter is prolly moving back too since she & BF broke up.

Life is so much fun at times.

vt_maverick
10/19/2010, 08:59 AM
Make 'em stay in the RV I say. ;) Sorry to hear all that's going on. :(

tom4bren
10/19/2010, 09:19 AM
Make 'em stay in the RV I say. Oh HELL no!!! They're lucky if I let them ride in it - they ain't livin in it. RV is me & Wifey's escape pod from reality ;) Sorry to hear all that's going on. It's all good - life is just ... constipated right now! :(

"Toes in the water, toes in the sand ... life is good today" If I keep singing it, maybe I'll start feelin it.:)

Triathlete
10/19/2010, 04:29 PM
We thought we had convinced our daughter to hold off on her wedding till Oct 2012 so that we could afford Moab in 2011. Not only is she back on for Oct 2011, she has Gucci taste on Mom & Dad's Walmart budget. It looks like t4b will be at Moab 2012.

Just tell her if it's on your dime...you will swing down through Vagas on the way to Moab otherwise she better start saving those pennies:bwgy:

VXIRONwoMAN
10/24/2010, 11:31 AM
I am looking at how the Spring 2011 Semester end at my school and it says "Last day of classes May 2, Finals May 3rd-4th, and Semester ends May 10". The program I am in may run an extra week so I am sticking to the "MAYBE" Zone for now. But if we end class by the 14th, you bet your sweet butt I am going! I am crossing my fingers and toes... HA! (I originally typed "tows"...uh oh...) :bwgy:

VXIRONwoMAN
10/24/2010, 11:39 AM

Best parental response in the given situation... "TOO BAD! SOOO SAD!"

I have absolutely no idea where she developed that "Gucci taste" - mebbe she learnt it in college.

Ash - no way is she backing down to a small, intimate wedding. If anything, she's outta control on this. The place she's currently looking at having it is over 2X the budget we allowed.

My sis has Gucci taste, yet has no job and expects single mommy to pay for everything... She has had a serious reality check for her senior year in high school.

If you are paying for it, it should be by your rules with some compromise to accommodate her wants. Otherwise, she should pony up the dough and since she isn't likely to do that... YOU get to go to Moab!

Problem solved!

That's my non-parental inexperienced opinion. :bwgy:

VXIRONwoMAN
10/24/2010, 11:51 AM
I use the Hampton Inn at the north end of town, they have a parking area
behind and uphill of the hotel that I use when I have the raft trailer (16') hooked to the VX. They have me park at the very top, against the curb in a curved "no parking" area. Then I park my second vehicle (07 Rubicon) in the first space in front of the VX, so I don't get blocked in. Works great.
That spot should accommodate a 35 footer + vehicle. They are a little pricey $140-150 a night, but their beds are heavenly, full breakfast is included, and they are one of the few in town that have double queens in their regular rooms. My husband and I are river rats as well as 4 wheelers and live only 5 hours away from Moab. We like to run the "Moab Daily" stretch of the Colorado River in the Rte 128 canyon from Hittle Bottom to Take Out Beach. :bgwo: Easy access to that lot as well, with plenty of turn around room. Most people park closer to the hotel entrance down on the lower level, so that upper lot doesn't see a lot of action because of the distance. Check them out online.......might be just the answer.

You were hiding down by the beach last time we saw you in 2009! You were the mystery VX! Glad to see you jump on the forum and hope to see you in Moab, maybe on a trail????

tom4bren
10/25/2010, 06:17 AM
Best parental response in the given situation... "TOO BAD! SOOO SAD!"

My sis has Gucci taste, yet has no job and expects single mommy to pay for everything... She has had a serious reality check for her senior year in high school.

If you are paying for it, it should be by your rules with some compromise to accommodate her wants. Otherwise, she should pony up the dough and since she isn't likely to do that... YOU get to go to Moab!

Problem solved!

That's my non-parental inexperienced opinion. :bwgy:

Thanks for the "coffee through the nose" moment:)

VXIRONwoMAN
10/26/2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the "coffee through the nose" moment:)

Hope your sugar had time to dissolve. :bwgy:

SouthJ1
10/26/2010, 04:00 PM
haha coffee through the nose suckkss.. :P

Marlin
12/30/2010, 04:48 PM
Well, I am sad to say we are out. The wife talked me into going to the bahamas. This is our last spring in Charleston, and the cruise ship departs from here. I can do the entire cruise including shore excursions for less than what I would spend in gas alone on the trip to Moab. Maybe next year if we end up on the west coast, and I am not deployed...

VXjunky
01/05/2011, 01:40 PM
Lucy! Youve sum splaining to do!....what when and where is a Moab !

Triathlete
01/05/2011, 01:51 PM
Moab (offroadings mecca) is in the southeast corner of Utah about 1.5 hours north of Blanding.:yesy:
THIS POST (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=17960&highlight=moab+2010)might help explain the "what" part!

VXjunky
01/05/2011, 03:34 PM
thank you

Triathlete
01/05/2011, 03:49 PM
I don't see your name on the list of attendee's yet:bwgy:

MSHardeman
01/06/2011, 07:39 AM
DANGIT Billy. I followed the link too and took a trip down memory lane and now I'm all jazzed up to head back to Moab.....NOW. Can we go, can we go?!?

MsConduct
01/07/2011, 10:31 PM
Well, I don't even have a VX yet, but looking thru last year's pix got me very interested. My question is, tho, are there trails for a novice there? I don't have any experience driving off road (well, not intentionally, anyway, LOL) or on trails like that, and would be a bit nervous taking a newly adopted (or "re-homed") VX on some of those trails.

But, the hubby has done some jeeping, and I am willing to learn. Besides, I love that area. Looks like a lot of fun...

Triathlete
01/08/2011, 07:17 AM
There are trails of all levels there. And don't worry, we take good care of everyone. You will quickly learn who the good spoters are and they will get you through unscathered. Of course there is always some risk envolved...even driving down the street.

MsConduct
01/08/2011, 08:05 AM
That's good to know! I don't want to be the highlight of the photos... that silly newbie who thought she could get her VX over that river...!

VX KAT
01/08/2011, 09:44 AM
There are trails of all levels there. And don't worry, we take good care of everyone. You will quickly learn who the good spoters are and they will get you through unscathered. Of course there is always some risk envolved...even driving down the street.

Billy's right, spotters are really important. If your VX is "stock", you pretty much can expect you're going to get some things scratched up, like your front lower cladding perhaps, and the rear cladding down under by the gas tank skid. Your tail pipe may get a bit "reshaped" :goof: And your fender cladding may get brushed up a little.

Thought I'd share some pics so you can get an idea of what it's like. Hope it helps!

Here's some general type of terrain you can do as a stock VX and as a fairly beginner. I was stock the first year I went, but 2nd year I got oversized tires. These first shots I have the larger tires, so I'm raised up a bit for extra clearance.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC034081.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_0155.jpg

This is an example of a couple of 800 lb rocks that want to rip your fender & door off...here's when a spotter is REAL important...:thumbup:
That's Mark (MSHardeman) spotting me down. He's awesome!!
It was way harrier in person....trust me!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/user30398_pic701_1294171836.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/user30398_pic700_1294171836.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3260/DSCN1875.JPG

This is hubby coming down....he scraped/bent his side step a little on this one.........I say smaller trucks are better, yes! :yeso:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3260/DSC_2528.JPG

This part is STRAIGHT DOWN and you slide down even with full brakes applied...this was my first slide. It was awesome, but it did scrape the he!! out of my front bull bar and lower front cladding. That's why most VXers don't have a front bull bar on when in Moab....:goof:
First pic is when I was stock, 2nd with bigger tires....scraped both times, just not as bad the 2nd trip :thumbup: (I think these are actually 2 different hills BTW...but same effect)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3225/DSCN1665.JPG
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC00263-1.jpg

These are from 1st yr, all stock. Did a little damage to a rim and scraped the front & rear cladding on this rock pile.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3225/DSC_0336.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3225/DSC_0332.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3225/DSC_0345.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3229/DSC_0339_2_2_2.JPG

Triathlete
01/08/2011, 12:09 PM
Hmmmmm, for some reason I don't have any problems with my front cladding scraping Sue!:bwgy:
That "rock pile" was the exit of Hells Revenge....and damn that is one sexy spotter!:yesy:

Also, just picked me up a new camera! Got a Nikon D5000! Can't wait to shoot a crapload of pics in Moab!:dance:

MsC...we were all the noob in Moab at one point or another. For many it was their first time ever off road...most all have caught the bug and have continued to return time and time again. Hope you make it! And we won't hold it against your hubby that he's a "jeep" guy:bwgy:

VX KAT
01/08/2011, 12:24 PM
Hmmmmm, for some reason I don't have any problems with my front cladding scraping Sue!:bwgy:...translation MsC...he's LIFTED a coupla inches!
That "rock pile" was the exit of Hells Revenge....and damn that is one sexy spotter!:yesy: Hmmm, he does look kinda familiar! Yer lookin' good Billy, even if you do say so yourself!

Also, just picked me up a new camera! Got a Nikon D5000! Can't wait to shoot a crapload of pics in Moab!:dance: Great camera choice! I'm a Nikon geek!! Buy a 2nd battery!!

MsC...we were all the noob in Moab at one point or another. For many it was their first time ever off road...most all have caught the bug and have continued to return time and time again. Hope you make it! And we won't hold it against your hubby that he's a "jeep" guy:bwgy: How's that go???...sumpin like Jeep...Heep, Yeep, Sheep...:laugho:

Triathlete
01/08/2011, 02:31 PM
Well the lift helps but so does the "slight" trimming of the front cladding.:bwgy:

MSHardeman
01/08/2011, 04:44 PM
Aw shucks Billy, thanks...:mbrasd:....I think. Thanks for the compliment Sue, but I learned my spotting skills (which are minimal at this point) from listening to people like Billy. It takes a while to have confidence in your spotters because sometimes it looks completely wrong from inside the truck, but once you learn to just let go and trust you can do some really amazing things.

MsC, I say if you can make it out to Moab then DEFINITELY do. On top of the great scenery and trails, just meeting some of the rest of the family is worth the trip. I was stock my first couple of year out in Moab, and if you take your time you should come out unscathed. As everyone who has seen me in Moab will tell you, I drive like a 70 year old grandma going to church on Sunday on the trails. Slow and steady wins the race....and keeps your VX (mostly) scratch free.

Triathlete
01/08/2011, 05:43 PM
Aw schucks Mark, don't worry. There was no complement there...that "sexy" guy was me....man, get over yourself!:rotate::laughing::laughing::laughing:

BigSwede
01/12/2011, 07:27 AM
Anybody who has seen my house knows I am not an organization freak, but somebody should move this thread into the "Moab Meets" subcategory...

Triathlete
01/20/2011, 01:45 PM
This post needs a bump to the top!
Looks like I will be getting to Moab a day or two early and will have to leave on Saturday morning...I have a race in Tucson on Sunday!:yesy:

If anyone else is going to be there early let us know. Also if anyone is interested in Mt Biking on one of the "early" days let me know so I can rent a bike up there!

pbkid
01/20/2011, 05:19 PM
billy-
Its very likely ill be there a few days early as well, i have somewhat of a 'crew' coming with me this year (im hoping for like 5-7 people and maybe an additional 3 or 4 rides) so im gonna have to get em out on the trails and introduce them properly before the fam gets there, so your welcome to join... a couple of toys, jeeps and exploders again ;) maybe my sisters xterra too.

JoFotoz
01/21/2011, 03:41 PM
If I can..there is a fair chance I'll be there early if others are....

Jack/Billy.....what dates are we talking about..how early?

jo

PS..Jack..need to talk about rock sliders!
If your guys can fab 'em..then weld 'em on at the stoop..
...I'm all for it!

:smack:

Triathlete
01/21/2011, 05:05 PM
Will probably get there Sat. night and then pull out the following Sat. morning.

BigSwede
01/22/2011, 12:25 PM
Plan is to get there Sunday afternoon...

Billy are you camping? Gonna get a group site? You might be the first there...unless Jack is camping at Portal.

Triathlete
01/22/2011, 03:49 PM
I will be camping....somewhere.

pbkid
01/22/2011, 05:53 PM
I'm planning on camping at portal during the week, them I'm gonna try to get a spot at the red rock over the weekend so i can get a shower :)

Jo- If i can get a local VX'er to come by my parents house ill fab em up myself, then all we have to do is weld em on at the stoop... or if worse comes to worst, ill fab em here, then you can find a shop in moab to pay just to weld them to the frame. If there are any takers on bringing a VX by my parents house to help another VX'er out, let me know. Their house is between Monument and Castle Rock.

Exclamation
01/22/2011, 11:07 PM
I would LOVE to go to Moab but google maps says 1 days 7 hours of non-stop driving time to get there... thats a longggg drive :(

Triathlete
01/23/2011, 08:18 AM
I would LOVE to go to Moab but google maps says 1 days 7 hours of non-stop driving time to get there... thats a longggg drive :(

But well worth it! Marlin along with several other wrong coasters have made the journey.

VX KAT
01/23/2011, 08:41 AM

There's always an open seat/open invitation in somebody's VX, so you can fly out and join up that way!

If you do choose to drive, there's usually a Colorado convoy you could meet up with...at least that last leg wouldn't be so lonely!

Hey Paul (phines) are you going to make it this year since you moved back to VA? If he is, you could meet up with him for a mini-convoy....

tomdietrying
01/23/2011, 07:35 PM
Did anyone reserve the Portal yet?
Peace.
Tom

VXorado
01/23/2011, 08:05 PM
I'm planning on camping at portal during the week, them I'm gonna try to get a spot at the red rock over the weekend so i can get a shower :)

Jo- If i can get a local VX'er to come by my parents house ill fab em up myself, then all we have to do is weld em on at the stoop... or if worse comes to worst, ill fab em here, then you can find a shop in moab to pay just to weld them to the frame. If there are any takers on bringing a VX by my parents house to help another VX'er out, let me know. Their house is between Monument and Castle Rock.

I might be able to help out but not sure when i'll have time. Maybe milehighvx can help since he lives in Castle Rock?

I still need to fab mine up and can probably make an extra set for Jo if needed.

BigSwede
01/24/2011, 07:13 AM
I would like to camp at Portal as usual, arriving Sunday the 15th and departing Sunday the 22nd...Jack if you are getting a group site can you reserve it through Sunday? Oh, and Portal has like 6 showers if you didn't know.

Mile High VX
01/24/2011, 08:59 AM

I've got my Strick9 sliders off the VX for the winter...man they just fill up with ice and stuff to easy.

I can meet you at the Castle Rock Walmart and you can take them with you.

We can take some photos/measurements of the mounting points as well.

Let me know.

Exclamation
01/24/2011, 09:17 AM
Well I just did some number crunching and its going to be around $440 each way for gas if I get 19 mpg the whole way. $880 for gas alone! :O I think I might have to skip out on this meet :( are there any plans for a meet anywhere closer to NC?

pbkid
01/24/2011, 05:08 PM
I might be able to help out but not sure when i'll have time. Maybe milehighvx can help since he lives in Castle Rock?

I still need to fab mine up and can probably make an extra set for Jo if needed.
that'd be a hell of a drive for you to come all the way down here just for that. I'll see if i can get any local volunteers then talk to you jon.

I would like to camp at Portal as usual, arriving Sunday the 15th and departing Sunday the 22nd...Jack if you are getting a group site can you reserve it through Sunday? Oh, and Portal has like 6 showers if you didn't know.

i know, its just nice to have a 'home base' for a day or two when i most likely will have my girlfriend and probably my sister too.

I've got my Strick9 sliders off the VX for the winter...man they just fill up with ice and stuff to easy.

I can meet you at the Castle Rock Walmart and you can take them with you.

We can take some photos/measurements of the mounting points as well.

Let me know.

maybe i could take some measurements off of yours sometime, very carefully, build em, then hold em up to your VX just to make sure they fit before i trek em out to moab. What do you think about that???
I could swing down on a weekend and get all my measurements in one day, build em the next weekend, then check them on your VX on the sunday after i build them maybe??

Mile High VX
01/24/2011, 05:51 PM
maybe i could take some measurements off of yours sometime, very carefully, build em, then hold em up to your VX just to make sure they fit before i trek em out to moab. What do you think about that???
I could swing down on a weekend and get all my measurements in one day, build em the next weekend, then check them on your VX on the sunday after i build them maybe??

You've got my number...just give me a call.

Ldub
01/24/2011, 06:16 PM
Well I just did some number crunching and its going to be around $440 each way for gas if I get 19 mpg the whole way. $880 for gas alone! :O I think I might have to skip out on this meet :( are there any plans for a meet anywhere closer to NC?

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15546&highlight=NC

Happens every year...:yesgray:

Exclamation
01/24/2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the link (:

BigSwede
01/25/2011, 06:57 AM
i know, its just nice to have a 'home base' for a day or two when i most likely will have my girlfriend and probably my sister too.

That's fine if you want to go to the Red Rock, I'm just saying if you are going to reserve a group campsite, reserve it through Saturday night even if you aren't going to be there that long. By then there will be plenty of people to occupy the site even if you move to the motel.

If not, let us know and Tom or I or somebody can reserve a group site separately.

pbkid
01/25/2011, 06:29 PM
That's fine if you want to go to the Red Rock, I'm just saying if you are going to reserve a group campsite, reserve it through Saturday night even if you aren't going to be there that long. By then there will be plenty of people to occupy the site even if you move to the motel.

If not, let us know and Tom or I or somebody can reserve a group site separately.

sounds good. im hoping to reserve all my stuff some time next month, so ill get a group campsite then.

BigSwede
01/26/2011, 08:00 AM
Sounds good, I expect to be there Sunday.

off_road_4_me
02/08/2011, 06:46 PM
I will be there! grey first gen amigo :)

pbkid
02/08/2011, 08:05 PM
sounds great, im still trying to figure out when im gonna be able to get there. i'm starting to think it might be a more normal length trip for me, finances just arent looking to be great.

especially when im trying to get some more body armor put on before moab this year ;) :drool2:

BigSwede
02/21/2011, 07:32 AM
So Jack, have you made a group site reservation yet? I'd like to put the camping info on the Planet.

pbkid
02/22/2011, 08:15 PM
No, i have not. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do this year. I have to request my time off work as well before i pay for anything...

someone else who has already confimed their dates may want to reserve it.

So Jack, have you made a group site reservation yet? I'd like to put the camping info on the Planet.

mhill
03/02/2011, 08:48 AM
Made our reservations! I have to work tue 17th so we will be up wed 18th by noon, at least that is the plan. Might have one friend tag along in his FJ. Sue you know about those FJ people...VX wannabees! :biggringr Just kiddin Dave
See ya all there!

VX KAT
03/02/2011, 08:57 AM
Made our reservations! I have to work tue 17th so we will be up wed 18th by noon, at least that is the plan. Might have one friend tag along in his FJ. Sue you know about those FJ people...VX wannabees! :biggringr Just kiddin Dave
See ya all there!
:thumbup:
Great, glad you're coming! This is first year Dave isn't bringing his FJ...OMG, we're going together in the VX :freek: this can't be good for a marriage.....:eek:

JoFotoz
03/02/2011, 09:18 AM
We should do "Dubs Famous Blender Sports" on the evening of the 18th...cause ..well...it seems

..it'll be my Birthday!

:_beer::LineWave::_beer:

VX crazy
03/02/2011, 09:25 AM
We should do "Dubs Famous Blender Sports" on the evening of the 18th...cause ..well...it seems

..it'll be my Birthday!

:_beer::LineWave::_beer:

OMG line up the strippers!!!! Yay!!