PDA

View Full Version : How do I fit this bulb. Any Ideas?

Ebenezr
02/27/2011, 09:23 AM
I went out and bought a bulb for my map light pictured below:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC04576.JPG

I'm trying to put it in here and can't quite figure it out.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC04577.JPG

Can anyone help...? :grino:

Gussie2000
02/27/2011, 09:31 AM
My bet you better take wifey to home depot and find an nice looking lamp ;)

I guess she'll be more comfortable driving in the VX while looking at it once you get that lamp in there !:p

VXjunky
02/27/2011, 10:00 AM
story of my life....my bulbs to big for the socket....damn

Triathlete
02/27/2011, 10:19 AM
You are obviously using the wrong tool for the job. Per "the" instruction manual you are to use a large heavy object ( a brick is recommended) to "reshape" the bulb and then it should fit without any problems. Of course if you want the bulb to actually work then you need to refer to the "other" manual. Good luck...hope this helps.:)
This I am sure would solve your problem also 'junky!

Y33TREKker
02/27/2011, 10:49 AM
How many VXinfo.com members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

:bwgy:

Mile High VX
02/27/2011, 10:53 AM
ROFL....:dance::dance::dance:

VXjunky
02/27/2011, 11:02 AM
yup...guess thats settled.............hard(impossible?) to top

VXjunky
02/27/2011, 11:07 AM
were we able to tie...cladding products and VX questionnaires into this????.....

Serious Note* ...thank Kat for all

Ebenezr
02/27/2011, 04:07 PM
Y33TREKker you get the cake. : )

circmand
02/27/2011, 04:13 PM
How many VXinfo.com members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

:bwgy:

1 smarta#@ to make up a totally off topic yet very funny post

VX KAT
02/27/2011, 06:19 PM
TREK that's hilarious! Man you were on a roll...what were you smokin'?....oh that's right, you'e been around the forum a long time and know us too well! j/k! Each one was better than the next!! :laugho: Good refreshing laugh! :thumbup:

Cobrajet
02/27/2011, 07:45 PM
Anybody remember "black" lights? Or, were they "dark gray" lights??? :p

Y33TREKker
02/28/2011, 11:15 AM
TREK that's hilarious! Man you were on a roll...what were you smokin'?....oh that's right, you'e been around the forum a long time and know us too well! j/k! Each one was better than the next!! :laugho: Good refreshing laugh! :thumbup:
Well, if I could take the credit for that one I would, I just happened to have seen it on another website recently, so the timing of Ebenezer posting this thread couldn't have been better.

Y33TREKker you get the cake. : )
Works for mwah. :drool2:

Triathlete
02/28/2011, 12:49 PM
Anybody remember "black" lights? Or, were they "dark gray" lights??? :p

Yes, and in reality they were a purpley-blue :)

PK
02/28/2011, 03:20 PM
Wow - when I read this thread I immediately thought of Handee!!!!

Where has that man gone??:confused::confused:
He should be here entertaining us daily.
:yesb::yesgray::smilewink:bgwo:

PK

VXR
02/28/2011, 08:54 PM
Well, if I could take the credit for that one I would

go ahead and take credit:yesb:

hilarious post even if copied:yesb:

Moncha
03/01/2011, 09:46 AM
Forget one though... 1 admin to close the thread 'cuz of the political argument that stemmed from the use of a "standard bulb" over a "CFL"...:bgwo:

Love it TREKker!