PDA

View Full Version : Purpose for ball-joint flip?

coachreed
09/14/2003, 06:05 PM
OK, now that I have installed my OME 912's and done the ball-joint flip and torsion cranking... why exactly do we do the ball-joint flip? I was thinking about this today while doing my lift and couldn't see a need for the flip... then again, maybe I'm just being stupid. I guess it doesn't matter cuz its already done... but just wanted to fine out. BTW, now that its lifted... my Nitto 285/60/18's look tiny! Must get bigger tires! lol

TTYL!

Triathlete
09/14/2003, 09:20 PM
The ball joint flip basically gives you more "room" when re aligning the front end. When you lift the front you lose some of the alignment ajustability. Flipping the ball joints restores this...or at least thats the way I understand it.:yesy:

coachreed
09/15/2003, 04:37 AM
I can live with tha answer... makes sense now that I think about it. I was told by another member by IM that it helps regain articulation once lifted, but honestly don't see where any articulation is lost from lifting... if anything, with the added room between fender and tire articulation space is gained. Anyway, I guess I need to give my handy-dandy mechanic a call and see if he wants to work late tonight... I need an alignment ASAP as I don't want to trash Inaba's future tires! :mbrasd: ;Db;

TTYL!

Coach!