PDA

View Full Version : Skid Plate, Where's Ron?

Sheik-YurBooty
09/14/2003, 04:59 PM
About 5 weeks ago or so ,I had ordered a front skid plate from Ron @ Vehicross Concepts. I know that he has been busy w/ his jobs & the new baby, but about 2 weeks ago he responded to someone else at this site & he said that he was working on 3 plates and would probably get them out within a week...Its been about 3 weeks and I havent heard from him. I e mailed him several times, yet no response.Just like the rest of us , Im getting a bit impatient. I hope all is ok with him....also had several problems w/ his e mail address as to being currupt

Vasha13
09/14/2003, 06:49 PM
I know Ron's computer system was infected badly with the SoBig virus. It is a possibility that he isn't getting any of your messages.

nocturnalVX
09/14/2003, 07:51 PM
It took me quite a while to get the $$$ to Ron for my order (just in the nick of time it seems), and I'm aware of the difficulties he's gone through to produce them, so I'm not going to worry about how long it takes to arrive. However, I received an e-mail from Ron stating that the order I placed is in the final stages, and I'd assume that goes for the other skidplates that are coming from this last mold. I hope you get good news regarding your order as well.

I have no idea how long it'll take me to save for a supercharger, but I'd like to thank Ron and Tone (and the others) that put so much effort into bringing such cool mods for our unique rides. They might not have the biggest market as our beloved VXes are rather rare, but the enthusiasm of our cult makes up for that! From cosmetic tweeks, lifts, and let's not forget HORSEPOWER, there are plenty of ways to make our VX different (and ever rarer) still. Thanks again, and I can't wait to cross off another on my "mods needed" list!

ron
09/14/2003, 11:26 PM
hey SYB...

I got your e-mail recently and sorry I couldn't respond any sooner as we, our family, have been out of town and just got back this evening. As what Nocturnal has mentioned, I am working on 3 plates currently, one of them is yours, the other is Nocturnal's, and the last for Keith F. all in which have paid in full about over a month ago and are all in the final stages of fabrication. Nocturnal is also correct that these 3 are the last from the mold before I will be making one final push of orders before the mold may break for good. That push won't take place til I send out these last 3.

Actually, I already have one prepared to be painted while the last 2 are still in need for the last final handwork. I had originally planned and hoped that I would've completed and sent out all plates by now. But, unfortunately, some unforeseen personal crisis has arisen unexpectedly recently which required us to go out of town. Again, I apologize for the delay as I will be feverishly trying to catch up for lost time.

BTW, Nocturnal, I still need the color choice you want for your order. Let me know soon when you decide.

Regarding your last e-mail, SYB, inquiring about the stainless steel grill kit, it will take about 2-3 weeks as all I need to do is place the order to my vendor and they would laser cut the set for me. Once I receive it, I will inspect it and send it to the rightful owner. Let me know soon if you're interested in ordering a kit as I may need to raise the price in the near future as the same vendor has raised the fabrication costs on my last order.

As Vasha has mentioned also, that my e-mail system was corrupt with the virus a while back. Things are now getting back to normal regarding the e-mails. So, please don't worry if I don't respond that quickly to your e-mails. Sometimes, I fall behind in checking all e-mails and when going through all the junk mail, I may delete some important ones by mistake unknowingly. So, if there are any doubts about whether your e-mail has reached me or not, please don't hesitate to send me another as sooner or later I will get it and respond accordingly.

To all who have e-mailed me recently and has not received a response, I apologize as I have been unavailable recently as stated above. I will get back to you regarding questions/inquires accordingly as soon as I can. It's late and I'm exausted after a long day and night of driving, I just want to hit the sack.