PDA

View Full Version : Tucson area get together

Triathlete
10/19/2002, 11:01 AM
;Dr; All Az VXers,
VXCaver and myself we're talking about having a get together down here near Tucson. Maybe we could get all you Phoenixites to make that 2 hour trip down here for some 4-wheel'in and pizza. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd weekend in November? If anyone is interested lets get some input. Sat. or Sunday? Thinking of Bull Spring road to Patagonia. Good trail that won't damage your VX's. And awesome pizza at the Velvet Elvis!:coolr:

BumbleV-X
10/20/2002, 07:47 AM
What about getting together and driving out to the LA meet on November 9th? There is still plenty of room at the hotels in the area, and we would love to meet you. Arizona isn't that far, and we in California can't make it to your meet on the 9th.
Most of our roads are closed, so scheduling your offroad meet for a week later just might get some of us Californians out your way.

just my .02

Deby

VXcaver
10/21/2002, 01:48 PM
I'm still working on the November 9 LA meet, but I can be totally flexible for a Tucson meet. For people who might come from out of state, lots of places to stay in the area and great wild camping. From my back yard there are miles and miles and miles of desert access roads. (Scraches from sticks and dead looking mesquite trees are a problem! I'm learning to drive with pruning shears close at hand...)

Triathlete - should we just pick a weekend and go for it? I'll email you.

Triathlete
10/22/2002, 02:35 PM
Okay, here it is! Looks like the date is Nov. 16. That way it will not interfere with L.A. for anyone wishing to go there.
Bull Springs road (about 1 hour south of tucson) will be the destination. This trail is fun but will not harm our VX's. A good beginner trail. It takes about 3-3.5 hours to complete the trail. It takes you to Patigonia where we will stop for pizza at the Velvet Elvis. Anyone wishing to picnic it, there is a nice park right across the street. If anyone is interested feel free to e-mail (addy in my profile) me and I can give you directions and if anyone wants to meet in Tucson we can come up with a conveniant place and caravan down. will be nice to see all you Phoenixites and I know there are at least 2 other VX's in Tucson (not sure if they belong to this group or not). Hope everyone can make it...and we can discuss a Phoenix area get together!:jump:
:biggroup:

Triathlete
10/27/2002, 07:24 PM
Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?...:wtfr: ;eekr; ;Dr;

Triathlete
10/30/2002, 09:13 AM
So far its me (Tucson), VXCAVER (Tubac), VCAMILO and MULTIMEDIAMAN (Phoenix), Jeff (Tucson)... your name here! :right:
VCAMILO is looking for others to caravan down with from Phoenix! :cool!:

Triathlete
11/01/2002, 09:33 AM
If everyone coming from Phoenix wants to meet me in Tucson, I'll be at the Super KMart parking lot (1/4 mile west off I-19 on Valencia Rd.)at 8:30AM. Not that there's much of a chance of another VX being there but I'll be in the '99 Ebony!
For those wanting to go straight to the trailhead...I-19 south to the Canoa Rd. exit. There you turn left and go under the freeway then turn right (south) on the frontage road. Cruise down the frontage road until you make a left on Elephant Head Rd. Next you turn right on Mt.Hopkins road. Then just follow that road about 5 miles 'till you see the "Bull Springs Road" sign and trail head on the right hand side of the road.
We will be there at about 9:30!
Let me know if you plan on meeting in Tucson that way I will be sure to wait!:jump:

Triathlete
11/11/2002, 12:51 PM
Only 5 days to go! The weather looks like it should be perfect...California again stole all the rain! Weather calls for upper 70's and lots of sunshine! For those who attend, I will be taking lots of digitals to compile with some music onto a CD to send out to you! If you haven't confirmed yet, let us hear from you!:yesr: :cool!: :naughty:

VXcaver
11/14/2002, 06:33 AM
... Two days.... Two days.... !!!

Triathlete
11/15/2002, 10:36 AM
Tomorrows the big day! Jeff from Tucson just climbed on board...that makes 5! Anyone else?:naughty:

Triathlete
11/16/2002, 04:29 PM
Http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=491&size=big&papass=&sort=1

The Arizona VX get together was a sucsess. 6 VX's, 10 VXer's, NO RAIN, 75 degrees and the sun was shining! A few maid the virgin voyage off-road, a few got some nice air time (unfortuneately no one got them on film), we all splashed in the water crossing (some more than others!LOL), and yes I ALMOST got stuck (now MULTIMEDIAMAN can't blackmail me with the video!) Thanks to all who attended...Bob (VXCAVER), Victor (VCAMILO), Charles (MULTIMEDIAMAN), Jeff, Anthony, and our significant others who attended or allowed us to attend! It was great to meet all of you and I can't wait 'till the next time (in Phoenix)! :jump: