PDA

View Full Version : warning led light

Sheik-YurBooty
09/14/2003, 05:55 AM
I just had my keyless entry hooked up, but the led light on the dashboard does'nt seem to do anything.I think that the bulb is ok because I think I see a very very very faint light on it, but only when the alarm is off.....any ideas as to how I can get it to work?

paultvx
09/14/2003, 01:29 PM
What do you mean you just had it hooked up? The factory system was disconnected and you had it connected again? Or, did you install an aftermarket system?

Normally the light isn't suppose to be on at all. It only flashes when the factory alarm system is armed.

Sheik-YurBooty
09/14/2003, 01:33 PM
About 3 weeks ago I bought the VH, but it did,nt come w/ a remote. I just got the remotes 2 days ago. They work fine, but no led light goes on when the system is armed

paultvx
09/14/2003, 01:55 PM
If you have a meter or test light, you can test to see if the LED is getting power. The LED may be bad or it's not hook up correctly. Download the service manual from Tone's site (www.tonemonday.com) if you need help on how to take the dash apart.

If the LED is bad, you can get one from any auto parts shop, it may not be exactly like the factory, but that's OK. Make sure you get a holder for the LED as well. Some LEDs come prepackaged with one.

Sheik-YurBooty
09/14/2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the info Paul. I went to Tone's site to get the info, but unfortunetly electrical things & myself for some reason don't seem to mix.....But I have a friend whom I work with that knows a lot about automotives, this guy is really good. He did work on my fiero in the past, so I'm gonna put the ball in his hands while I sit on the bench and watch!....Once again thanks,Bruce

marcosv6
04/20/2004, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know the voltage of the alarm LED on the dash? Radio Shack has many different voltage LEDs'. My alarm works fine but no light. Thanks.

Don

AREA 51
04/20/2004, 04:10 PM
Since they're cheap buy a couple 12 volt and a couple 2.5 volt (most common) start with the 12 and if it doesn't light or is dim go with the 2.5.

Remember that leds are polarity conscious and hooking them up reverse polarity for a short period generally wont damage them or the electrical system.

Usually the higher volt rated leds simply have a built in resistor.

warr`s auto
04/20/2004, 06:50 PM
if the led has been unhooked it may be hooked up backwords leds will not work if you put the + to the - . try changing the wires ( yes they will go both ways as i hooked mine up wrong the first time and it would not work ) and see if it works:wave:

johnnyapollo
04/20/2004, 08:05 PM
It would make more sense that the leads are backwards than the bulb being burnt out. Those LED's have ratings that would outlast most vehicles on the road today.

-- John